REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #101
I subscribe to Revscene

Sometimes I love getting the unedited thread reply emails, really shows the true colours of some of the characters here
Advertisement

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:05 AM   #102
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

fml

Last edited by danz; 06-27-2013 at 03:45 PM.
danz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #103
I am grateful grapefruit

^^

should the cops have gotten in trouble? sure.

was your friend an idiot, yes. Even if they didn't beat him, and gave him a ticket for drinking in public, I'm sure people would still complain. Cop tells you to do something, if you know that it's the right thing to do, follow him. If they tell you to get down on the ground and put your arms behind your back, do it. If it wasn't justified, you can sue afterwards. If you resist, you're now resisting arrest.
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #104
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
IMO in that video the second victim definitely complied, in mere seconds from being told to get on the ground he did exactly what he was told and deserved a pair of handcuffs or being held down. Not being ganged up on. As for danz friend although I wasn't there he was most likely resisting (really sounds like an asshole for pulling the drinking beer card after clearly being told to stop) and maybe even fighting off the cops so he had it coming.

I think the lesson we should learn is to try to communicate with the cops and ask the right questions. But physical resistance should definitely be avoided.
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:23 PM   #105
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

fml

Last edited by danz; 06-27-2013 at 03:44 PM.
danz is offline   Reply With Quote