REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

food poisoning?

strange thing today.

Me and my sister (not a JB) have gotten a really fuking huge, nasty headache relatively in the same spot on our heads. More strange is that we both have gotten it at about relatively the same time (this afternoon).

This headache is killing me and my sister. We both just ate 2 pain relief pills (extra strength Tylenol). Yet no effect is working.

Parents seem fine, but maybe it's because me and my sis are relatively close in age and parents are much older..

?????
could this be food poisoning?

If so, should I clear out my entire fridge? Maybe it's a container of bad milk?????

btw, me and my sis still have this headache. It's been a few hours now. I missed the canucks game cause I tried to sleep away this pain, which totally didn't work.

orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
Have you both eaten the exact same things within the last 12 hours?
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRomey View Post
Have you both eaten the exact same things within the last 12 hours?
Dinner last night - 24 hrs

maybe breakfast (She woke up earlier than me so I'm not sure what she chose to eat for breakfast, but I had a simple bowl of cereal.) - 12 hrs

lunch (Pita bread filled with ham and vegie [I'm not sure what fillings she had in hers]) - between 6 to 10 hrs

I'd ask her what she had for breakfast and lunch right now, but she went to sleep.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

^
btw, I've been having the same cereal this whole week, and it has been kept in a dry place.

for the pita bread, I had one 2 days ago as well. Didn't have any problem that night.

This is so strange.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
Director of RS Cares

It could be possibly a flu virus. Maybe one of you went out caught it from a friend, brought it home and your sister/you caught it. Are you guys having any other symptoms besides a headache? Such as vomitting? Stomach aches? Food poisoning is never JUST a headache.

Once my dad caught the flu from a client that is a doctor, the virus passed onto my brother, then me (and I had it worst). I was out of commission for days!!

As for food poisoning it shouldn't last for more than 24 hours as your body will auto-cleanse getting rid of all the bacteria. If it persists though you might have caught semonilla (spelling? sorry!) or something badass like that and will need a doctors aid.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:01 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
It could be possibly a flu virus. Maybe one of you went out caught it from a friend, brought it home and your sister/you caught it. Are you guys having any other symptoms besides a headache? Such as vomitting? Stomach aches? Food poisoning is never JUST a headache.

Once my dad caught the flu from a client that is a doctor, the virus passed onto my brother, then me (and I had it worst). I was out of commission for days!!

As for food poisoning it shouldn't last for more than 24 hours as your body will auto-cleanse getting rid of all the bacteria. If it persists though you might have caught semonilla (spelling? sorry!) or something badass like that and will need a doctors aid.
hm.. actually my mom recently just recovered from a cold (?), but that was like 2 days ago. This morning I did have a sore throat, but it may have just been the lack of water that I drink. Not sure about my sister though.

Basically, just a major headache for me and my sister. Maybe it's just a coincident?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:18 PM   #7
RS controls my life!

i remember when i got food poising I was puking whenever i eat anything so I didn't want to eat anything at ALL.
ra1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:06 AM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

Feeling a lot better after eating 2 extra-strength Tylenol pills.

I guess it was just a coincident that me and my sister both got a headache after all.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:11 AM   #9
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,455 Times in 988 Posts
could be anything. a synthetic chemical used in your house?
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:34 AM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
could be anything. a synthetic chemical used in your house?
I got the headache at school. So I dunno. Weird thing was at the same time my sis was at home and she got a headache.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:46 AM   #11
Banned (BBM)

when i had food poisoning i did not have headache (both occasion)

just stomachache, diahhrea, puke the shit out of it and thats about it

not fun

Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:52 PM   #12
c32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

i had a headache last night, right after i ate some chicken lemon rice i got realy tired, then kinda sick, and mad heart burn... i chomped it down pretty quick.... next day i had chronic stomache pain, when i was sleepin on my right side it hurt like shit like i was gona die.. now this must be food poisoning right? son of a btch im never going to that damn pho resturaunt again. one of the worst days of my life.
c32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:14 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

^

i love pho.

Which place did you go?
Old 04-13-2010, 02:21 AM   #14
Banned (ABWS)

had this experience before...
doctor told me i had a virus inside my head or something lol
i took the pills he told me to take and it got better after