REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Prescription Sunglasses Help (https://www.revscene.net/forums/610072-prescription-sunglasses-help.html)

poor_kid_lol 03-26-2010 05:37 PM

Prescription Sunglasses Help

Hi everyone, I have a question about prescription sunglasses. I'm looking at a pair of Louis Vuitton sunglasses but LV do not sell prescription lenses. I have called many places and none of them will do it. Anyone recommend a place I could go ? :)

joonkol 04-07-2010 12:21 AM

North Road, the Korean eyeglass shops. I go to the one at Hannam market strip mall.

filth 04-07-2010 02:24 PM

you can only purchase LV sunglasses from their retail stores, such as the one in holts, or the one at hotel vancouver. They don't allow other stores to carry their brand.

What you can do is to buy the sunglasses then go to any place that does prescription glasses and ask them to change the lenses for you. This will cost more money and you'll loose the original lenses that LV gives you.

Im pretty sure a lot of places do it, just bring in the sunglasses and ask them if they can. If not, get some contacts :)

Jgresch 04-07-2010 03:15 PM

Any glasses store/optometry place can do this.

I had my dragon optical sunglasses replaced with my prescription lense tinted. Looked/worked great.

Eff-1 04-07-2010 08:27 PM

depending on your prescription and the shape of the sunglasses, you may not be able to put prescription lenses in it.

best thing is to check with your lens fitter first, by showing them the sunglasses you want to buy, before you spend any money.

poor_kid_lol 04-07-2010 09:20 PM

Thanks for all your support everyone. I talked to the store manager at LensCrafter and they said they can do it for around $200-300. However, if the sunglasses break then it's game over LOL

filth 04-07-2010 09:27 PM

dont go to lenscrafter....

Fafine 04-08-2010 12:05 PM

how much are contacts these days n e ways? i havent wore contacts in 5 years. but now that im driving more and especially in the summer i want to wear sunglasses to protect my eyes. so i figured ill get contacts in order to wear sunglasses without getting prescription sunglasses

bcedhk 04-08-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafine (Post 6898189)
how much are contacts these days n e ways? i havent wore contacts in 5 years. but now that im driving more and especially in the summer i want to wear sunglasses to protect my eyes. so i figured ill get contacts in order to wear sunglasses without getting prescription sunglasses

depends , best prices without any us shipping hassle will be clearly contacts.

poor_kid_lol 04-08-2010 11:25 PM

What's wrong with Lenscrafter?

filth 04-09-2010 08:16 AM

they're obviously going to be expensive, best is to go to other sunglass places that are privately owned, they can probably do it for much cheaper.

ilvtofu 04-10-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filth (Post 6896673)
you can only purchase LV sunglasses from their retail stores, such as the one in holts, or the one at hotel vancouver. They don't allow other stores to carry their brand.

What you can do is to buy the sunglasses then go to any place that does prescription glasses and ask them to change the lenses for you. This will cost more money and you'll loose the original lenses that LV gives you.

Im pretty sure a lot of places do it, just bring in the sunglasses and ask them if they can. If not, get some contacts :)

Actually no, you don't lose your original lens, they make a new prescription one and you can ask to keep your original ones because they don't do anything with them. That's what I did with my prada aviators

filth 04-10-2010 11:32 AM

What i mean't was that you dont get original LV lenses in the sunglasses. Some of them actually have engravings and stuff on the lenses. There are some of them with actual patterns as well.

http://liveheartfelt.com/wp-content/...sunglasses.jpg

Eff-1 04-10-2010 04:25 PM

^ losing those lenses is an added bonus.