REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 03-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Prescription Sunglasses Help

Hi everyone, I have a question about prescription sunglasses. I'm looking at a pair of Louis Vuitton sunglasses but LV do not sell prescription lenses. I have called many places and none of them will do it. Anyone recommend a place I could go ?
Advertisement
poor_kid_lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #2
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

North Road, the Korean eyeglass shops. I go to the one at Hannam market strip mall.
joonkol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #3
RS controls my life!

you can only purchase LV sunglasses from their retail stores, such as the one in holts, or the one at hotel vancouver. They don't allow other stores to carry their brand.

What you can do is to buy the sunglasses then go to any place that does prescription glasses and ask them to change the lenses for you. This will cost more money and you'll loose the original lenses that LV gives you.

Im pretty sure a lot of places do it, just bring in the sunglasses and ask them if they can. If not, get some contacts
filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Any glasses store/optometry place can do this.

I had my dragon optical sunglasses replaced with my prescription lense tinted. Looked/worked great.
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
depending on your prescription and the shape of the sunglasses, you may not be able to put prescription lenses in it.

best thing is to check with your lens fitter first, by showing them the sunglasses you want to buy, before you spend any money.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #6

Thanks for all your support everyone. I talked to the store manager at LensCrafter and they said they can do it for around $200-300. However, if the sunglasses break then it's game over LOL
Old 04-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
RS controls my life!

dont go to lenscrafter....
Old 04-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #8
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
how much are contacts these days n e ways? i havent wore contacts in 5 years. but now that im driving more and especially in the summer i want to wear sunglasses to protect my eyes. so i figured ill get contacts in order to wear sunglasses without getting prescription sunglasses
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #9
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
how much are contacts these days n e ways? i havent wore contacts in 5 years. but now that im driving more and especially in the summer i want to wear sunglasses to protect my eyes. so i figured ill get contacts in order to wear sunglasses without getting prescription sunglasses
depends , best prices without any us shipping hassle will be clearly contacts.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:25 PM   #10

What's wrong with Lenscrafter?
Old 04-09-2010, 08:16 AM   #11
RS controls my life!

they're obviously going to be expensive, best is to go to other sunglass places that are privately owned, they can probably do it for much cheaper.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:30 AM   #12
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by filth View Post
you can only purchase LV sunglasses from their retail stores, such as the one in holts, or the one at hotel vancouver. They don't allow other stores to carry their brand.

What you can do is to buy the sunglasses then go to any place that does prescription glasses and ask them to change the lenses for you. This will cost more money and you'll loose the original lenses that LV gives you.

Im pretty sure a lot of places do it, just bring in the sunglasses and ask them if they can. If not, get some contacts
Actually no, you don't lose your original lens, they make a new prescription one and you can ask to keep your original ones because they don't do anything with them. That's what I did with my prada aviators
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:32 AM   #13
RS controls my life!

What i mean't was that you dont get original LV lenses in the sunglasses. Some of them actually have engravings and stuff on the lenses. There are some of them with actual patterns as well.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:25 PM   #14
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
^ losing those lenses is an added bonus.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote