REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 03-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,356 Times in 975 Posts
Crazy Heart

This was my last Oscar film I watched,
Crazy Heart.

Jeff played a great role in being Bad Blake who was one of those bums who only plays at cheap bars and goes on appearances only your mom and dad would remember. He was a country singer who lives from hotel to hotel and loves to drink. He met this reporter who did a write up on him and started a 'relationship'. oh, the girl was Maggie Gyllenhaal. It was a bit weird seeing an old dude with Maggie in some of the scenes.

Long story short, he was overweight and a chain-smoker and an alcoholic. The climax came at like the last half hour of the movie and it was a bitter sweet ending.

It was a slow movie and Jeff did an OK job being a bum, I didn't think it's that hard to play a role of a bum in this movie then again, he was better than Jeremy Renner in hurt locker and George Clooney in up in the air.

Oh, it's a boring movie, do not watch this if you haven't watched Precious or An Education cause it's much slower than those two movies combined.

movie 7.5/10
acting 7/10
overall 7.5/10
Advertisement
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

I'll be interested in this film regardless.

However, Jeff Bridges' acting award was in the bag. The top nominees were arguably the best performances of the year, but if you put the same competition against any previous set of nominees.....this year's acting roster didn't stand a chance....male or female in my opinion. In addition, i think the supporting roles were more of a headline, male and female.

Thanks for the review! Will be, i guess, preparing for it with some heavy sugars before i watch the movie!
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote