REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:02 PM   #76
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer111 View Post
^ Good luck trying to enforce the no sex part.

But seriously, you'd think she would've learned to use bags at some point.
yes, it will be hard to enforce, but No self respecting guy should have sex with this girl. I know there are few situations where a guy will turn down sex, but this definitely would be one of them.
Advertisement
tacobell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:06 PM   #77
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,437 Times in 4,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
So is she not gonna get any punishment at all? Or a further investigation?
Not until the investigation is complete. After that, she will have to show up for court but even then, we won't know what will come out of this.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #78
Banned (ABWS)

I'd definitely turn her down after what she's done.

However, I'm pretty sure some guys would love to screw her since they won't need to use condoms and not need to worry about kids.
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #79
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post
I'd definitely turn her down after what she's done.

However, I'm pretty sure some guys would love to screw her since they won't need to use condoms and not need to worry about kids.
wow stop fucking posting on RS.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #80
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
shit that sucks
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #81
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Sentencing for woman convicted of infanticide to start Monday | News1130
Quote:
Sentencing for woman convicted of infanticide to start Monday
Sarah Leung was convicted in the separate deaths of her two newborn sons
The Canadian Press April 11, 2014 2:10 pm

Vancouver woman gave birth in secret, killed two newborn sons: Crown
VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – Sentencing arguments begin Monday for the Vancouver woman convicted in the separate deaths of her two newborn sons.

Sarah Leung’s lawyer, Richard Fowler, says the verdict — which came down at 7 p.m. Thursday — is the right one.

“It’s a great example of our justice system at it’s absolute best. You take 12 members of the community who spend eight weeks of their life, utterly committed to upholding the oath that they take at the beginning.”

He successfully argued Leung was so terrified of her parents’ reaction to her pregnancies that she hid the evidence after giving birth, disposing of the bodies in plastic bags she put outside with other trash.

But after six days of deliberation, Fowler says a jury agreed the 28-year-old mom was emotionally and mentally disturbed — reducing a second degree murder charge to infanticide.

“We can’t forget that Sarah had a very difficult childhood and entry into adulthood, so there’s a lot of people who are broken-hearted by all of this, including Sarah’s family, Sarah’s husband.”
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #82
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Sarah Leung, Vancouver Mother, Guilty In Babies' Deaths

Quote:
VANCOUVER - A Vancouver jury has convicted a 28-year-old woman of two counts of infanticide in the separate deaths of her two newborn sons, finding her guilty of a lesser crime than second-degree murder.

The jury returned with the verdicts for Sarah Leung on Thursday night, concluding six days of deliberations following a trial that began in February.

Leung's lawyer, Richard Fowler, said Friday the case remains an "abject tragedy" but that the jury came back with the right decision.

"I think personally it's an example of our justice system at its absolute best," he said in an interview.

"It was a tough case, there was a lot of evidence, it was a long trial, difficult legal issues and factual issues to determine and (jury members) were clearly very dedicated to their duty."

Lawyers will return to B.C. Supreme Court on Monday for sentencing arguments. Fowler said he's still determining the penalty to request, only noting that consequences for such cases in the past have ranged from probation to a period of incarceration.

Fowler had urged the jury to convict his client of infanticide instead of second-degree murder, saying she was mentally and emotionally in denial of her actions and feared her parents' disapproval.

Leung was charged with second-degree murder after she delivered the babies into the toilet of her family home and then disposed of them in plastic bags she tossed in the garbage.

She gave birth to her first baby in April 2009 and the second in March 2010, each time cleaning up the blood and hiding the evidence before telling her boyfriend she had miscarried.

Leung's father found the first baby's body in a clear plastic bag outside the house and told his son to call police, but the second baby's body was not discovered because the garbage was picked up and police decided a search of the landfill would be unsuccessful.

Crown lawyer Sandra Cunningham told the jury that the babies' father knew about the pregnancies and was happy, but that Leung kept their relationship secret from her family.

Each time she delivered the babies, Leung told her boyfriend she'd miscarried and carried on as if nothing had happened, Cunningham said.

In August 2009, police determined from DNA tests that the dead baby found in the garbage belonged to Leung and her boyfriend.

Leung's mother testified that she didn't notice anything physically or emotionally different about her daughter before her husband found the baby in the garbage.

Cunningham alleged that in March 2010, when Leung gave birth to her second son, she put the baby inside a plastic bag and held him against her chest to keep him quiet until he stopped moving.

Leung then put the bag inside a trash can outside the house and covered it with a piece of cardboard, Cunningham said.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #83
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
pooor innocent child

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
"Not driving your car hard to keep it in nice shape for the next buyer is like not banging your girlfriend to keep her fresh for her next boyfriend"
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #84
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
pooor innocent child
It was 2 counts. So children.

It's amazing to think that there are people who think to dispose of a child like trash just to hide it from parents/bf/husband/whoever.

Given it happened twice, I'm not so sure about how "recoverable" she is for normal society living. Surely, she's up for a life of being supervised at the very least.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #85
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Too bad the government can't step in and order a sterilization to be done.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:48 PM   #86
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Too bad the government can't step in and order a sterilization to be done.
That's a dumb comment. After that, let's sterilize the gingers, then this "defective gene or race/color"

subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-11-2014, 06:27 PM   #87
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
That's a dumb comment. After that, let's sterilize the gingers, then this "defective gene or race/color"

Family Guy - Musical Dumpster Baby - YouTube

...that escalated quickly
Posted via RS Mobile
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #88
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Cunningham alleged that in March 2010, when Leung gave birth to her second son, she put the baby inside a plastic bag and held him against her chest to keep him quiet until he stopped moving.

Leung then put the bag inside a trash can outside the house and covered it with a piece of cardboard, Cunningham said.

That is just, horrid. Speachless
Posted via RS Mobile
Retrac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:11 PM   #89
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
How is sterilizing people who have killed newborn children dumb? Convicted computer hackers can have their computers revoked and are banned from accessing the internet, people with DUI's can be banned from driving, why can't she be banned from breeding?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #90
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrac View Post

i think we needa take some laws back to the stone ages.

eye for an eye, put that bitch in a plastic bag till she stops breathing then throw her in the trash.

saves tax payers money and the justice system can focus on other things.
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:09 PM   #91
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
So Bernice is actually her cousin? Suprised HK media didn't bombard her yet.
this
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #92
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
lol, she should just go to prison and rehab and see a psychiatrist or whatever.

all these comments on killing her or sterilizing her are totally retarded. people talking out of spite, wanting revenge and seeing someone hurt.

it's a super slippery slope.

if you want to let your dark side of hatred, anger, fear and revenge take over for all these instances... and the "LOGIC" behind it is to "PREVENT" more from happening... it will only lead to chaos. we might as well go back to the dark ages.

i have the perfect solution to prevent crime...

if only the living can commit crimes, then living should be a crime. therefore no one that is alive can possibly be innocent. to prevent all crimes, we should prevent all life.

there's a reason we don't execute people or mutilate people. No matter what, there will always be more harm done in the long run. people wrongly accused, people framed. corrupt governments targeting their "enemies", over zealous fanatics (ahem everyone posting right now). No matter what, MORE "innocents" will suffer under those rules than anything else.

most people are too stupid, and too blinded by demonic revenge to see that.
they're no different than the accused. they just want to see pain inflicted on others.
eyes wide, waiting for blood to draw so they can get their weird sick and twisted satisfaction from seeing another suffer under "justified cause".

of course it's justified when you're judging with emotions. everything is justified when you think that way.

for those still too retarded to understand, you're the latter:

"Evil begets evil."

the only way to avoid that, is to be aware, and not perpetuate it with twisted "justified" punishments.

these guys are a reflection of you guys. savages.

"JUSTIFIED"

How foolish one must be, to think that they can improve their lives, by making other people's lives worse.
-Ulic

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 04-15-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #93
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
lol, she should just go to prison and rehab and see a psychiatrist or whatever.

all these comments on killing her or sterilizing her are totally retarded. people talking out of spite, wanting revenge and seeing someone hurt.

it's a super slippery slope.

if you want to let your dark side of hatred, anger, fear and revenge take over for all these instances... and the "LOGIC" behind it is to "PREVENT" more from happening... it will only lead to chaos. we might as well go back to the dark ages.

i have the perfect solution to prevent crime...

if only the living can commit crimes, then living should be a crime. therefore no one that is alive can possibly be innocent. to prevent all crimes, we should prevent all life.

there's a reason we don't execute people or mutilate people. No matter what, there will always be more harm done in the long run. people wrongly accused, people framed. corrupt governments targeting their "enemies", over zealous fanatics (ahem everyone posting right now). No matter what, MORE "innocents" will suffer under those rules than anything else.

most people are too stupid, and too blinded by demonic revenge to see that.
they're no different than the accused. they just want to see pain inflicted on others.
eyes wide, waiting for blood to draw so they can get their weird sick and twisted satisfaction from seeing another suffer under "justified cause".

of course it's justified when you're judging with emotions. everything is justified when you think that way.

for those still too retarded to understand, you're the latter:

"Evil begets evil."

the only way to avoid that, is to be aware, and not perpetuate it with twisted "justified" punishments.

these guys are a reflection of you guys. savages.

"JUSTIFIED"

How foolish one must be, to think that they can improve their lives, by making other people's lives worse.
-Ulic
We see what you mean but this doesn't apply when not 1 but 2 newborns are killed. When does it stop?

Last edited by dvst8; 04-15-2014 at 05:36 PM.
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:50 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
How is sterilizing people who have killed newborn children dumb? Convicted computer hackers can have their computers revoked and are banned from accessing the internet, people with DUI's can be banned from driving, why can't she be banned from breeding?
You are comparing (imposed) mutilation/change to computers/driving bans.

She killed two newborns; she likely has some sort of mental illness that needs treating. If we start automatically sterilizing individuals who are guilty of infanticide, then when do we draw the line? Do we then start sterilizing those with autism? Schizo? Dwarfinism? Genetic flaws? IQ Under 120? Murderers (At what number do we use to determine when they should be sterilized? - one murder? two? 3? attempted?)

Yes, we all know of the slippery slope, and there's good reason.

Last edited by subordinate; 04-15-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:24 AM   #95
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
You are comparing (imposed) mutilation/change to computers/driving bans.

She killed two newborns; she likely has some sort of mental illness that needs treating. If we start automatically sterilizing individuals who are guilty of infanticide, then when do we draw the line? Do we then start sterilizing those with autism? Schizo? Dwarfinism? Genetic flaws? IQ Under 120? Murderers (At what number do we use to determine when they should be sterilized? - one murder? two? 3? attempted?)

Yes, we all know of the slippery slope, and there's good reason.
It's a legitimate question though, if someone is convicted of repeated infanticide why is sterilization not a possible option? Perhaps not immediately, but after proper medical help and psychiatric evaluations?

I can understand the concern over a slippery slope but now you're comparing someone who has repeatedly committed infanticide to groups of people who have harmed nobody (replace "sterilization" in your post with "gun ban" and "infanticide" with "murder" and you'll see what I mean), I'm comparing the consequences that are faced by convicted offenders of various crimes. Criminal offenders are often barred from possessing the means to commit the crimes they have previously been convicted of, how is this so different? And I'm not talking about sterilization as a way to remove her from the gene pool or something, it would be a way to ensure that she can't become pregnant and commit infanticide again, which is where my previous comparison comes in.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2014, 12:40 PM   #96
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts

the repeated crimes committed and the victims involve are a small price to pay for the overwhelming innocents that will be harmed in the long run.

you guys are looking 1 foot ahead of us, subordinate and i are looking further than just our generation.

you forget, people normalize. two generations from now when you're old and your opinions don't matter and no one cares about you... and the youth have been growing up with "justified" executions and mutilations or whatever other ideas you guys have... then the next step will be easier.

every step is easier after the previous one has been taken.

like i said, over zealous types, manipulators, corrupt, will use those very same tools you request now, to get their way. over time, they will win.

the only way to prevent that, is to NEVER let anyone do those things period. because people always forget. things always normalize, and the next step to extremity doesn't seem that extreme anymore.

like i said, the victims now, are a small price to pay for the overall peace and integrity of the future.

why not just throw them in prison indefinitely? why? cuz it's inhumane? lol... so u guys suggest mutilating them... yeah... that's... really logical.

we can't kill em! so lets disable em!

if i were her, and the government cut my ovaries out, i'd plan and get back at society 100x harder than killing newborns.

if she becomes a monster, you guys created her.

it's better to just leave her to do whatever fucked up things she does. she's obviously fucked in the head. like subordinate says... slippery slope.

when do we start sterilizing retarded people?
your excuse is repeat offender.

if evil ulic ever comes into power, you would be charged with the crime of repeated offending of whatever crime i choose. and the excuse would be you're genetically dispositioned to commit crime because according to my standards, you have a genetic flaw. and also a repeat offender under my domain. sterilized.

how do you like that?

i mean it's no different than the middle east chopping hands off of thieves. they get to chop a lot of hands... but hands are born everyday. thievery doesn't stop. sure that ONE guy can't steal anymore, but hey, babies are being born everyday, why not just chop their hands off at birth, then no one can steal... ever.

when someone commits a crime, you don't focus on how to prevent them from committing it again.
you guys are focusing on the wrong aspect. not HOW.

but WHY are they committing the crime. if you figure out the why, then you can help stop it without brute force. brute force is only a temporary solution.

there will be plenty other versions of her, who don't care about the punishment, and they'll keep doing it. just like junkies. you can execute people for possessing drugs. but people will still do it. the solution doesn't work (it does if all you want is to entertain yourselves by seeing others hurt in the name of "justice")

stop focusing on the immediate victims and think about all the people that won't be falsely brutalized.

the trade off is a no brainer. it exponentially exceeds the justification of satisfying immediate sadistic tenancies. like i have said before:
the justice system is not in place to satisfy victims or the public.

we can go back to the dark ages where the accused can be tied up and everyone can throw rocks and rotten vegetables at them. everyone gets a punch at the accused. everyone gets satisfied. and again, the week after, we'll have another person to throw rocks at. and the next week. and the next.

some solution that is.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 04-16-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #97

Couldn't have said it any better Ulic.

It disappoints me that people over react and want immediate justice to this girl. (& not to mention she wasn't even treated for the first infanticide, psychologically speaking.).

Too many of you are short sighted to realize the full impact of letting the government sterilize this woman.

Let's stop and critically think about what we are saying. To mutilate her body... her right to her body. At what point do we not have a right to our own bodies? When we are deemed mentally ill? Ok, then when do we stop, at what line? Like Ulic said, we give them this right, it's going to be easier for them to keep at it. As the saying goes, "give them an inch, they take a mile"

And we are giving it to what? A organizational body that is appointed or elected? How we to know if they will not become corrupted, and someone with Hitler ideology is implemented. And new policies are created?
Old 04-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #98
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Meanwhile, in America.... A woman was has been accused of killing 6 newborns at her home. SIX! Her husband said he had no idea about any of the pregnancies..... Police: U.S. woman accused of killing 6 infants, storing them in garage, gave birth at home | CP24.com
Pegacorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #99
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
BREAKING NEWS: Vancouver mother sentenced for killing her babies
Sarah Leung has been sentenced to five years in prison for killing her newborn sons in 2009 and 2010. She was convicted of infanticide earlier this year.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #100
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,437 Times in 4,279 Posts
Vancouver mother sentenced to five years for killing her babies | News1130

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – Sarah Leung has been sentenced to five years in prison for killing her newborn sons in 2009 and 2010.

The 28-year-old delivered babies into the toilet of her family home, then disposed of them in plastic bags she tossed into the garbage. Her first baby was born in February, 2009. The second was born in March, 2010.

In April, Leung was convicted of two counts of infanticide, though she was originally charged with second-degree murder.

Leung has been sentenced to 18 months for the first killing and 42 months for the second. She will be given 50 days’ credit for time already served. She must also report any future pregnancies to whatever province she lives in for the next 20 years.

During sentencing today, the judge called the killings “inexplicable” and “abhorrent,” and noted that Leung is now married to the man who fathered the two killed newborns.

The Crown had asked for an eight-year sentence, while the defence called for three years.

“I can say nothing other than it appears to be a very well considered, thoughtful decision, and I can’t say that it’s outside the range of possible sentences in this case,” says Leung’s lawyer, Richard Fowler.

“[The judge] sat through all of the evidence,” he adds. “She observed Ms. Leung on many days in court, and I believe that the sentence is consistent with the nature of the offenses.”

When asked about criticism of the decision on social media, Fowler told reporters, “It’s 12 essentially randomly picked members of the community who heard all of the evidence. So the people that are tweeting you undoubtedly didn’t hear all of the evidence and the jury considered their verdict for six days.”

After sentencing, Leung hugged her lawyers as a sheriff took her away. Her father wept loudly as he left the courtroom.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote