REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Where to hem jeans at metro? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/611097-where-hem-jeans-metro.html)

aliuu 04-07-2010 11:58 AM

Where to hem jeans at metro?

I heard levi's does it but do they only do levi jeans? , i have true religions that id like to repair (the repair is a designer hole that got bigger and the stitching is also loose) and hem. what are the prices and where is a good place to do this in or around metro? thanks

danlee78 04-07-2010 12:37 PM

there's a good place in the same hallway to the washrooms right by old navy

mickz 04-07-2010 12:57 PM

The guy in the back of the Levi's store at Metro will alter other brands as well. It's cheaper than the place between Old Navy and the washrooms but you get what you pay for. I can't sew to save my life but I've gotten pants hemmed at both places and I can tell the difference in craftsmanship between the two.

I got my Levi's hemmed for free in store because the store has a contract with that guy in the back. If it wasn't free, I'd pony up a little bit more cash and go to the place near Old Navy.

aliuu 04-07-2010 02:50 PM

so how much does it cost for the place near old navy?

G 04-07-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickz (Post 6896582)
The guy in the back of the Levi's store at Metro will alter other brands as well. It's cheaper than the place between Old Navy and the washrooms but you get what you pay for. I can't sew to save my life but I've gotten pants hemmed at both places and I can tell the difference in craftsmanship between the two.

I got my Levi's hemmed for free in store because the store has a contract with that guy in the back. If it wasn't free, I'd pony up a little bit more cash and go to the place near Old Navy.

Contract? So if I have Levi's jeans that I need to hem I can just go to the metro store and they will fix it for you for free?? Can someone confirm this!!

Alphamale 04-07-2010 04:00 PM

There is no free lunch.

You have to purchase a brand new pair of jeans there for the hemming to be free (one time deal).

jeedee 04-07-2010 05:47 PM

If the Levi place doesn't work out, try the place across from the bubble tea store by the Superstore. It's right beside the Telus store.

It's about 10 bucks, for hemming, forgot the name of the place though.

gabbergabber 04-07-2010 05:56 PM

Well, if you pruchased your trues from Boysco, they are willing to go to the place near Old Navy and the washroom and hem it for free for you lol, if you really dont want to pay for it. That place is the best IMO.

tripleE 04-07-2010 06:13 PM

i get mine done at metropolis alterations
its in that little hallway across from shoppers drug mart
where the bridal stores are.

mickz 04-07-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R (Post 6896800)
Contract? So if I have Levi's jeans that I need to hem I can just go to the metro store and they will fix it for you for free?? Can someone confirm this!!

When I had mine done they said you have to buy it from that location. They don't suggest getting it hemmed at the point of purchase because they want you to wash it a few times first in case it shrinks or what not. You need to bring it back with the receipt for free hemming otherwise I think its like $8-$10ish?

G 04-08-2010 12:08 AM

Ah... I buy all my Levi's from the states for over 50% of the price :P otherwise, I know some asian lady does it for my family for 5$ each! Don't know where it is though..

But the place besides Old Navy look's pretty good... Has anyone gone to places in Crystal Mall?

syee 04-08-2010 12:44 PM

Didn't they also open another one near the Nike store? (at least I saw it being built but not sure if it is open yet)

I think on average, it's about $8-10 for a regular hem. Original is a bit more.

MR_BIGGS 04-08-2010 12:49 PM

That place by Old Navy put in a new zipper on my jeans. So far so good.