REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Support Forum > Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs

Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs 2016 RS.Net iT Admin: SkinnyPupp
Organizational feedback, general suggestions, account fix requests, concerns, acknowledgements, website and forum bugs & fixes. Support the site, by downloading the official RS App for Android!

Old 04-12-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
This is regarding the "New Posts" button.

This is regarding the "New Posts" button.

Before the site changed provider:

I would go to New Posts. And view threads from there. Then if I replied to a thread and then clicked the New Posts button again it would show said thread with me as the latest poster, and the text wouldn't be "Bolded" (Light blue as opposed to Dark blue).

After the site changed provider:

If I replied to a thread and clicked the New Post button. It would not show said threads with me as the lastest poster. And even if I didn't reply to the thread, but simply viewed it, it would also disappear from the New Posts list.

I'm just wondering if there was a "switch" or option that was mistakenly turned on/off during the change.

I bring this up because sometimes I read a thread but don't reply right away. But later on I have something to say, but it wouldn't be listed in the New Posts list, provided no one had replied after I had read the thread. Which means I have to look up the thread via the search or view subforums until I find it, which sometimes is never since I don't always read which subforum a thread is posted in.

Anyways I hope you understand what I am trying to get at. And if its possible to make like before that would be awesome, if not it'll take some getting used to on my part.

Thanks for your time, Admins.

EDIT: Here is an example of what I am talking about

This image shows this thread being posted at 7:46 PM

This image shows a search done at 7:47 PM.
Pre-provider, it would show this thread in between the "where do you get your red "H" emblems?" and "Fs: Dussault summer edition hoodie" threads.
Post-provider, it now does not show this thread because I was the latest poster.

Advertisement

Last edited by TOS'd; 04-12-2010 at 06:52 PM.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
This way is actually better, it's way more accurate. But I can switch it back if enough people prefer it the old way.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Thanks for the reply SP, not sure how we can determine who wants to revert back to the old style or stay with the new one. A poll perhaps? Although I don't think many users ever noticed this subtle change in the system.

On a side note, I'm noticing RS pages tend to load a lot slower than it did before for me.
Like if you pressed a link to a thread, not specifically one with lots of pictures, it would take a good 6-12 seconds for the page to change then the page would load. This is not a case of poor internet connection or slow computer too.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining about everything.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #4
misfortune cookie (V)

Thanked 2,716 Times in 422 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one. I also prefer the old style and notice some lagginess too

Last edited by LsquareD on 00-00-0000 at 00:00 PM
LsquareD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #5
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Sure, start a poll in the OT. I'll set it however the people want it. It's actually less server intensive to do it the old way anyway

As far as the lag, that is being looked at right now.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote