REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-14-2010, 08:24 AM   #26
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I think he needs to hit rock bottom with no resources to buy his drugs or supports his gambling addiction. When he has no other option then maybe he will rethink his actions but as long as he has a source of money then nothing will change.

hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #27
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
I think he needs to hit rock bottom with no resources to buy his drugs or supports his gambling addiction. When he has no other option then maybe he will rethink his actions but as long as he has a source of money then nothing will change.
As stated earlier, it's not possible for addicts, especially one on hard drugs. They'll just restort to crimes in desperation. ie. b&e, auto theft, muggings, etc.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #28
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #29
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
This is the thing

some people never think the hit rock bottom until its already too late and they are dead

get him professional help as soon as possible
Old 04-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #30
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Kick him out of the house I say.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #31
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
hey dude, it does sound like drugs.
most likely crack.
with meth, he'd be high for days at a time and have a really grumpy aggressive attitude.
it would be immediately obvious.

get professional help for your bro
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #32
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
yeah, we have kicked him out of the house but he's always back home in a couple days which hasn't made him learn his lesson. I agree that if his source of money was cut, he would just resort to crimes because at his previous jobs he had, he was stealing money from the company and using his co-workers just to get anything which could make matters worse
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

i would send him to another country where access to those opiates arent so readily available

i would also recommend him try taking a few hits of DMT, that will reawaken his sensibilities

also snitch out the dealer he is calling
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #34

I was actually wondering about that, I have a couple license plate numbers from the cars they drive. Would I be able to report it to the police by just giving up the license plate number? I want it to be anonymous though
Old 04-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #35
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
i don't really get it though, if he was spending that much on drugs a day. wouldn't he have looked like those crack/meth fiends on the streets already?
that is so not true. i use to work in a hotel on king george so ive dealt with alot of feinds. some of them u wouldn't think are into drugs until they are on it and abt to jump off the balcony and the RCMP are storming in the place when you realize u just rented to a crack head. most of the time if the guy looked like a crack head we wouldnt rent.

call the dealer number u have from the pay phone whoever answers ask for a gram if he asks who u r tell him ur buddy gave u his number cuz apparently he has good shit and hooks it up fat try n sound a bit of a pooky "so u gonna hook it up fat or wat?" "is it good shit" if he asks which buddy say ur bros name but u probably wont have too since ul already know hes a dealer. thats ur answer right there then stop the money flowing to him and get him some help like others said.
dj bally is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #36
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Oh and I know this is an extreme, but if my bro was in this situation I'd consider doing it. Hand cuff him in his room for a week and force him to withdrawal. Watching intervention it seems like the first week is the most difficult. I'm not sure about crack or meth, but with heroin you have to give them this other drug (name slips my mind) to come off of heroin.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #37
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Force him to take a drug test. If he refuses you know he's on drugs.

Home drug test kits:
http://www.drugtestkits.ca/
Old 04-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #38
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

is this type of drug addiction physical or psychological? Will he be physically harmed if u strip away the drug? If not, maybe just chain him to his room for a few weeks. Extreme circumstances require extreme measures.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-14-2010, 02:00 PM   #39
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
yeah, we have kicked him out of the house but he's always back home in a couple days which hasn't made him learn his lesson. I agree that if his source of money was cut, he would just resort to crimes because at his previous jobs he had, he was stealing money from the company and using his co-workers just to get anything which could make matters worse
He is in his 30's kick him out and change the locks. If he still comes around the house call the police and report him as a thief trying to break in. Until he quit
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:18 PM   #40
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
He is in his 30's kick him out and change the locks. If he still comes around the house call the police and report him as a thief trying to break in. Until he quit
That is the OP's brother, why on earth would one do that to his/her own brother. OP is trying to help him, not fuck him over.
MaximalLazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #41

yeah, I was looking through old pictures that we took as evidence just in case he were to bullshit and say he wasn't doing anything and yeah it is crack.

Last edited by JSALES; 04-15-2010 at 04:03 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:25 PM   #42
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
As stated earlier, it's not possible for addicts, especially one on hard drugs. They'll just restort to crimes in desperation. ie. b&e, auto theft, muggings, etc.
if he resorts to crimes then he'll eventually get caught, arrested and end up in jail. Once he's in there, he'll learn and change or live like a dog. The choice is his.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:28 PM   #43
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
i somewhat agree with happyslip. you need to threaten to call the cops if you ever catch him with drugs again. By threaten I don't mean saying it just to scare him. You have to be able to pick up the phone and dial 911. He needs to know that the one place he can go back to has zero tolerance of drugs. If it really comes down to a situation where you catch him with drugs i'm sure you'd prefer him to be in custody instead of snorting crack. And on top of that, I'm pretty sure the RCMP will assist with finding counseling for your brother if you explain to them your situation.
t8v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #44

looking at the pics thats crack for sure bro..
best thing to do is to tell him the truth and tell him you will regulate the his crack intake. get him off of it slowly. it take a group effort to do this. as long as he has a decent job he could live on this habit. I pretty much drink around $100 worth of alcohol on the weekends but i still stay responsible with my health and job.

another solution is to force take a vacation or leave the country for a couple months. cut off of it completely.he needs a drastic change in lifestyle. its really all up to him. force him to go see the doctor to prescribe an anti-crack drug. theres lots out there.

I know alot of people who have a crack habit and live normal good honest lifestyle. we all have our vices.

i give you props for looking out for your bro man. 99% percent of people out there will just ignore these signs
Old 04-14-2010, 11:18 PM   #45
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post

I know alot of people who have a crack habit and live normal good honest lifestyle. we all have our vices.
are you serious? u know alot of people who smoke or shoot crack and live a honest lifestyle. You sure it's crack their using or do u have it mixed up with marijuana
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:20 PM   #46
Director of RS Cares

OP, I speak on behalf of the well being of your family and yourself but I highly recommend you consider searching for professional help. We can only give you so much in terms of advice and the problem your brother is facing doesn't seem like this can be fixed by just the family's concern and "lets sit down and talk." From the info you told us here, it seems like he could be suffering from depression too. He has no motivation to fix himself and doesn't seem to care/or even know he is hurting his family emotionally.

There are many helplines out there and I hope everything works out for the best.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:55 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride View Post
are you serious? u know alot of people who smoke or shoot crack and live a honest lifestyle. You sure it's crack their using or do u have it mixed up with marijuana
i don't want to get into the details of what i used to do. lets say i was a full time pharmacist for high end clients. The people you least expect to have a habit are the ones who spend the most money on this shit. i'm still friends with a couple. They can be anybody from doctors, lawyers, politicians, accountants, constuction managers, actors, etc..from white collar to blue collar..people will always need their "escape" from the real world. just like the saying " work hard , party hard".

ironically my job now is in the mental health sector so i see first hand of what its like for these people..if you only new what king of drugs some doctors prescribe to some patients. It makes crack look like tylenol for kids.
regardless of who you are...drugs are addictive..you only have to try it once to find that out..there can be many reasons..it can be traced by genetics or be some kind of mental illness etc. everybody's body react differently to different drugs.

I'm not saying its the right thing to do but as long as you keep it in moderation and not let it affect your work, family and friends , youll be alright.

i
Old 04-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #48
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I think your brother is hooked on crack & or meth. That is an uneducated guess though, I have no first hand experience with that type of stuff, but I have a few friends that have tried everything, heard a lot of stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
i would send him to another country where access to those opiates arent so readily available

i would also recommend him try taking a few hits of DMT, that will reawaken his sensibilities

also snitch out the dealer he is calling
Yeah, as much as Liu13 sounds like an idiot, he's right (about everything, except snitching out the dealer, don't do that). I had a few friends that were in trouble, they all got shipped off to asia for a few years, to "go to school" and "start a new life". They're all back and lead normal lives now. Of course if he really wanted to he could find the drugs in asia but it would cost a lot more, the stuff he will find will not be as pure and if he gets caught 3x he's forced to go to rehab for sure (china really only punishes distributors).

The thing about DMT, yeah as dumb as that sounds, using a drug to make him quit drugs. But yeah, DMT can do that. It can totally change your brothers life in the matter of 5 to 10 minutes. I've read a few reports of people completely dropping their addiction to hard drugs after one DMT trip. DMT can change your life, dramatically. It's NOT something to be fucked with. Probably the most powerful drug in the world. And i don't mean one of those escapist drugs.

I was in a down-spiral depression, "addicted" to some drugs, bad break up, did I mention super depressed? Jobless. Life going no where. I considered suicide a few times. I got diagnosed as clinically depressed. Then I tried DMT. I won't bother explaining the trip, because most of you won't care or cannot comprehend it, and aren't willing to. But yeah, over the next few weeks prior my DMT trip, I got a job, I stopped taking uppers, and I set my life straight. That being said, DMT is not for everyone. It can scar you psychologically you if you aren't prepared.

Quote:
Yea, and I know a lot of people who smoke or shoot crack and live a very dishonest life. It depends on the person and their personality type. Just because one person can handle smoking crack once in a while, doesn't mean another person wont submit to it's seductiveness and get addicted.

I would most definitely confront your brother about it, and get help. As for what methods, I don't know. I only mentioned the ones that I know that work. I've yet to meet anyone who's gone through rehab for drugs, so I don't really know how effective that is.
hypertryptamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #49
Ubereem Mod

Quote:
yup -

I know some IBankers, Traders, lawyers all sorts of high paying, high prices professionals that do cocaine and such and live an honest lifestyle.

It really is a rec drug for some, while it's harmful for their body, they function fine in society, albeit not a good example. (maybe they have: 1 the money to cover up the addiction or 2 the addiction hasn't over run their lives yet, but i'm talking bout now.)

Either way, if OP's brother has an addiction of this heavy nature maybe a professional here(on RS if got one.) or helplines that someone can give out be a better help for the OP?

It's family, it's hard to kick someone out. But my own personal feeling is, you can only do so much that it doesn't ruin your life as well.

Do what you can, do as much as you can but don't over do it.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #50
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
wow, i don't want to comment on anything because I am not a professional. i'm just shocked at the retarded responses. For those of you who are not parents or have never dealt with a drug addict, you have no idea what you're talking about.

the brother is fucken 30, not 16, you cant' kick your child out of the house. Even if you do, as a parent, you just don't have the mindset to not let your child back into the house when they are begging. You can't just call the cops cause they don't fucken care about shit like this.

I agree with miss crayon, get professional help, see what the correct steps in confronting him and go on from there. good luck
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote