REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Bodybuilding on a budget

I did a search and couldnt find anything on this.. I'm trying to save up for a couple things right now so I've started to really tighten up my spending..
Here are some tips I've found for eating well on a budget.

1) Go grocery shopping later at night. Shopping for meat you can save a lot of money by doing this. Lets say the best before date on a pack of steaks is for tomorrow. During the day today it might still be the normal price. After dinner they usually end up marking it down (Superstore marks it down 30%).. If you arent gonna eat it tomorrow just throw it in the freezer.. Just remember to take it out the night before you want to eat it and you are good to go. I've found the packs of salad sometimes the expire date is that day. If you eat it the next day anyways just bring it to the counter and say it expires that day. They might give you 50% off.

2) Oatmeal... Dont need to say much about that...

3) Extra virgin olive oil... Not THAT expensive... thousands of calories worth of healthy fats... Add it to your salads... Add it to your shakes... Throw it in a shot glass and down it if you have the balls.. lol

4) Coconut oil... Again.. Cheap healthy fats.. BONUS... It tastes great.

5) Water... Buy yourself refillable water bottles. Buy a jug that can fit in the fridge and just keep filling it up. We have some of the best tap water in the world. Dont waste money buying it.

6) http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=22&pid=6843

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=EJE&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=trueprotein+discount+code&meta=&aq=f&aqi=g-s1g-sx4&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
With our dollar the way it is right now this is the cheapest way to get protein..

That is all I can think of right now. Add more. Right now I am eating very very well for around $30 a week.
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

black beans + brown rice.. dirt cheap, complete protein + high in fiber

eggs
yadoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Fuck gotta start thinking like this spending 10 15 bucks a day in meat
Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
RS Operative (G)

hey penner
do u still oder of true protein?
Old 04-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by halogodv2 View Post
hey penner
are you planning to order from there?
L0uie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #6
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
hey penner
I havent in a while. I'm hoping to soon.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:12 AM   #7
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Our tap water isnt THAT great actually. We don't even treat our water with flouride
Old 04-16-2010, 11:15 AM   #8
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup View Post
Our tap water isnt THAT great actually. We don't even treat our water with flouride
its still pretty dam good compared to others
i have been drinking tap water for like 15 years, i never drink bottled, all my friends drink bottle water or brita, they are the ones getting sick all the time , i have not been sick in years, knock on wood
Old 04-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #9
Need to Seek Professional Help

Hmm decent whey... 81% protein. Not too many fillers... I'm actually looking to start saving up for a few things myself and gotta make some cuts. Glad this was brought up. Gonna start buying my meat in the evening. Although like someone said I don't really agree with the tap water either.. A brita filter isn't that expensive.

What a friend of mine suggested was actually just replacing whey and casein with just plain old milk lol. Post workout? Drink 20 glasses of milk to get your whey. The rest of the 80% will be casein haha haha.

But another thing you can do is eat a spoonful if peanut butter and whey before going to sleep to slow down the digestion of protein. Some guys also like spiking their post with dextrose... Or if u are really on a budget use white sugar lol.
Posted via RS Mobile
AutozamAZ-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:51 AM   #10
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
its still pretty dam good compared to others
i have been drinking tap water for like 15 years, i never drink bottled, all my friends drink bottle water or brita, they are the ones getting sick all the time , i have not been sick in years, knock on wood
I don't think drinking filtered Brita water makes you sick...
MoBettah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:04 AM   #11
RS Operative (G)

20 glasses of milk lol ?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #12
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup View Post
Fluoride doesnt affect water quality... it just helps people who dont brush their teeth regularly to not get cavities..

The reason they took it out is because of dental fluorosis.. a result of too much fluoride during tooth development.

Anyways, good info.. I might actually pick up a 10 lb bag of protein while our dollar is high
Wenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #13

Quote:
20 glasses of milk lol ?
Posted via RS Mobile
Sarcasm of course lol. Would more expensive in long run to replace whey with milk if you want the same percentage in terms of biological values in protein. Milk is a good replacement for casein though since it is 80% slow digestion
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #14

Oh btw. Just found an isolate at super store (88% protein-27g per 31.5) that sells for only $19.99. It's 908g which is about 30 scoops. It's a lot better than the on gold standard than I usually use. I haven't tried it yet so I can't tell you taste or how well it mixes.

It's called gfr health lean fit whey 100% isolate protein shake.

http://img706.imageshack.us/i/imagece.jpg/
http://img444.imageshack.us/i/imageli.jpg/
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-18-2010, 08:16 PM   #15
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutozamAZ-3 View Post
Oh btw. Just found an isolate at super store (88% protein-27g per 31.5) that sells for only $19.99. It's 908g which is about 30 scoops. It's a lot better than the on gold standard than I usually use. I haven't tried it yet so I can't tell you taste or how well it mixes.

It's called gfr health lean fit whey 100% isolate protein shake.

http://img706.imageshack.us/i/imagece.jpg/
http://img444.imageshack.us/i/imageli.jpg/
Posted via RS Mobile
This sells for cheaper at Costco. Its $29.99 for 5lbs if I recall correctly. Was on sale for $23.99 a couple weeks ago
Broseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:19 PM   #16

^ really? I don't have a membership there but i will definately look into that if I like the protein. What flavours do they come in? I only found vanilla at super store.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #17
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

since trueprotein ships by UPS, do you have to pay taxes+duties+brokerage when it arrives?
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutozamAZ-3 View Post
^ really? I don't have a membership there but i will definately look into that if I like the protein. What flavours do they come in? I only found vanilla at super store.
Posted via RS Mobile
They only had chocolate and vanilla the last time I went there
Broseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #19

Spinach - Popeye, nuff said.
Fuhrėr-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #20
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer3 View Post
since trueprotein ships by UPS, do you have to pay taxes+duties+brokerage when it arrives?
taken from site

Most orders are shipped the same business day for orders placed before 2PM PST, Monday thru Friday, paid with a credit card or with PayPal without complication. Orders placed with a check or money order, we will not ship your order until the check is received and funds are cleared. On the rare occasion a product ordered is out of stock, we will inform you promptly through email or a telephone call and give you a general time your product will be back in stock and generally ship out the rest of your order immediately unless the out of stock item is in a custom formulation.
We ship all domestic (USA) packages using UPS, you have the option of Ground, 2nd Day Air and Next Day Service. Packages going to the east coast generally take 4-5 business days to receive using ground service and closer states to California, packages are generally delivered overnight or on the 2nd business day. UPS does not deliver on Saturday or Sunday. If you select Next Day Service on Friday, you will not receive until Monday morning. All orders placed after 2 pm PST on Friday will not go out until Monday or the next business day.
UPS does not deliver to PO boxes, we need a physical address for shipping. Please fill out a physical address in the shipping address field of the check out of the shopping cart if your billing address is a PO box. Not doing so will greatly hold up delivery of your order.
If you are a Canadian customer, we have special rates with UPS with no brokerage, tax or duty charges. REPEAT: there are NO brokerage, NO tax, NO duty charges, and NO surprises for Canadian orders. What you pay on the site is all you pay, you will never have an extra bill when receiving your package, like many other companies do. We have customs brokers in house to clear all packages before they hit the border, as well we take on all tax and duty charges, NOT you.
NON-Domestic or Canadian Customers: If you are ordering from other than the USA or Canada please use this site. We generally ship all NON-US orders with the United States Postal Service. Our site now gives accurate shipping quotes for all countries, please use our site for ordering. Please be aware of your Countries regulations or laws in regards to receiving dietary supplements. We require ALL products to be shipped in plastic containers/jugs, we will not ship any product to any country other than the US and Canada in plastic bags. We have had too many situations with our bags and customs to continue with this option. We will do everything in our power to work with you and any requirements your Country has for receiving your package, but WE HOLD NO RESPONSIBILITY in duty/tax or any other regulation your Countries customs may have. IMPORTANT NOTICE: The USPS no longer provides a Surface Mail option as it has in the past; as a result, the cost of shipping internationally has risen dramatically. USPS International Priority Mail now provides tracking services and expedited shipping of only 6-10 days anywhere in the world.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #21
XS
I don't get it

Liver is the cheapest high protein meat best bang for buck. Blend it with half a raw onion and choke it down after workouts. Helped me get jack ass fcuk cuzzz
XS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #22
XS
I don't get it

dont buy a gym membership. just buy lots of sodas and put em in bags and curl them. gave me mad biceps too cuz
XS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:04 PM   #23
RS Operative (G)

^^^ dont post bullshit, people in this thread are looking for serious answers
Old 04-26-2010, 03:40 AM   #24
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

good thread...
i'd say its 80% diet
-i gained some size and cut alot of weight off good diet + workout(already in good shape...just getting down to 6pack)...just used some protein supplement for first initial meals everyday...imo...its meal frequency combined with size(like 6 small meals per day)...after hitting the second week like that you just start dropping the fat and building muscle...
add some 5x5's to your workout mix for size
then just do some hiit with your weights (no stopping 6 exercises in a row)
that worked for me.
but especially...the meal size and frequency...feed yourself the protein in small doses throughout the day, and i think your body utilizes it alot more efficiently the longer you go.
ajei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #25

^ bingo. Your body metabolizes and uses the nutrients more efficiently from doing that. H I T T is great because you are incorporating cardio into your weight lifting workouts
Posted via RS Mobile