REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Mitsubishi Tech Resources

Mitsubishi Tech Resources All Mitsubishi Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 04-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

importing 2008 evo x mr from usa

anyone do it yet?
any warranty in canada or did you go back to usa and get warranty
was it worth it
some us dealers still have new 2008 evo mr for sale
thanks
Advertisement
chozen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I know of only ONE person locally that has imported a used GSR with SSS package. Simply speaking, there will be no warranty in Canada and some dealers will not honor vehicles destined to out of country, so no warranty in the USA either.

Another point is that you pretty much need to go down with cash on hand in your bank account as US banks will not loan you money, and most Canadian banks won't lend you the money without the paper proofs.

Will it be worth it? Yup, most of the local MR's here cost $55-65k after taxes and processing fees, but down there its almost half the price! Definately look for 2008's since we're not allowed to import 2010's for now due to a new "new vehicle" importing policy. If I were to do it all over again, I would import one too since the price to fix any problems can't possibly cost as much as a brand new car.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiblue View Post
I know of only ONE person locally that has imported a used GSR with SSS package. Simply speaking, there will be no warranty in Canada and some dealers will not honor vehicles destined to out of country, so no warranty in the USA either.

Another point is that you pretty much need to go down with cash on hand in your bank account as US banks will not loan you money, and most Canadian banks won't lend you the money without the paper proofs.

Will it be worth it? Yup, most of the local MR's here cost $55-65k after taxes and processing fees, but down there its almost half the price! Definately look for 2008's since we're not allowed to import 2010's for now due to a new "new vehicle" importing policy. If I were to do it all over again, I would import one too since the price to fix any problems can't possibly cost as much as a brand new car.
Pretty much what he said
Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Damn, hearing this conversation, i agree with optiblue, i bought mine a while ago for 60k, but i probably would have imported if i knew what i know now.
Forge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
RS Lurker, I don't post!

How much u looking at I have 09 evo mr for sell.
Ruckus630 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-11-2013, 04:55 AM   #6
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I bought a 2010 GSR brand new off the lot instead of importing from the USA. I decided the 8-10K in savings wasnt worth it for no warranty. I sold the car 6 months ago. If I had to do it again I'd likely do the same thing again, I liked the piece of mind and used evo's are usually basket-cases in my experience....
slowboi is offline   Reply With Quote