REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #51
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simnut View Post
I have to agree with you on that. We are still waiting on a court date at the Supreme Court of BC regarding a violation ticket that caused a 4 month suspension from the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles. Their reason for not being able to get to court? Waiting for council......for them! Guess what...the suspension was NOT "put on hold" until the court date....and is being served as we wait. Guess what.....the suspension is OVER in 4 days!!!! Still no court date. What happens if we get the violation overturned in court (aka win)...how will the OSMV give back those 4 months? Go figure eh?

The worst that can happen is that the OSMV will drop the charge before it goes into court. We WANT to go to court to prove the lack of evidence and incorrect application of the MVA. Oh, there are benefits if they drop it....like the violation is off the record, all impound fees are paid back etc. But, as some of you well know...there is a point to prove!
Did you try to get a hold of the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles to suspend the suspension while the matter is still before the courts?
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:29 AM   #52
...on a mission....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Did you try to get a hold of the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles to suspend the suspension while the matter is still before the courts?
The OSMV didn't even want to discuss it with our lawyer. That was the first thing we wanted to implement. We are not just "blowing smoke" with this case...we have a valid case...the reason we are spending almost $3000 dollars and going to the Supreme Court of BC to prove it.

This is a situation, like others, that we all should concern ourselves with. The OSMV has become a "law" unto itself, and as such.....can leave someone with a valid issue regarding "charges" high and dry. Not the way it is supposed to be in a country like ours.
Simnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #53
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
wtf, if you dispute it means no suspension till guilty. what did they say to you about that?
because last time i checked it means your not guilty so no reason to suspend you till found guilty
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #54
...on a mission....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilley View Post
wtf, if you dispute it means no suspension till guilty. what did they say to you about that?
because last time i checked it means your not guilty so no reason to suspend you till found guilty
Scary eh?

I am in the process of "fighting" this in what ever manner we have left. The only way we can "fight" the OSMV in many cases is through the Supreme Court of BC. The government is allowing this to happen under the "guise" of reducing the work load in the courts....but so what.....we are entitled to be "proven" guilty in a court of law if we dispute.

If the OSMV is suspending your license because you owe money, and you dispute it...the money owed is NOT considered a "Debt" until proven in the courts! The OSMV is getting to be too powerful and we need to keep a close eye on it.

The job of the OSMV IS a critical one, and it protects you and I on the roads.....but all involved are human...from the police (where it all starts) to the Superintendent himself...and mistakes happen.

Last edited by Simnut; 10-22-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #55
Banned By Establishment

discuss a deal with them haha
say.. suspension free card
itd be fucking shitty if they suspend you again if proven guilty.
but What if not guilty, how they gonna repay you for the 4 months
Old 10-22-2011, 09:39 PM   #56
...on a mission....

Quote:
discuss a deal with them haha
say.. suspension free card
itd be fucking shitty if they suspend you again if proven guilty.
Well, they can't do that......

Quote:
but What if not guilty, how they gonna repay you for the 4 months
Good question...and the answer is...they don't have to! Again, I say.....scary eh?
Old 10-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #57
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simnut View Post
Scary eh?

I am in the process of "fighting" this in what ever manner we have left. The only way we can "fight" the OSMV in many cases is through the Supreme Court of BC. The government is allowing this to happen under the "guise" of reducing the work load in the courts....but so what.....we are entitled to be "proven" guilty in a court of law if we dispute.

If the OSMV is suspending your license because you owe money, and you dispute it...the money owed is NOT considered a "Debt" until proven in the courts! The OSMV is getting to be too powerful and we need to keep a close eye on it.

The job of the OSMV IS a critical one, and it protects you and I on the roads.....but all involved are human...from the police (where it all starts) to the Superintendent himself...and mistakes happen.
And you wonder why I complain about immediate roadside prohibitions and impoundments.

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:43 AM   #58
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
And you wonder why I complain about immediate roadside prohibitions and impoundments.
We don't wonder, we know you just like to look for things to complain about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #59
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
We don't wonder, we know you just like to look for things to complain about.

I hear "bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch" so much I think it's a rapper's convention until I figure out that it's just him posting.

Sorry sebbery, just couldn't resist.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #60
Ubereem Mod

Question about Excessive speeding ticket:

Does the DRP count with the excessive you just got? Or previous ones before it kicks in?
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:15 AM   #61
Who's naughty? I___i

Not sure what do you mean by previous ones but DRP scans the past three years; hence, if you were convicted of one excessive speeding, you are paying premium for the next 3 years.
Szeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:30 AM   #62
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I notice my court date is coming up soon and it is for an excessive speed ticket I got in March 2011 (I have never been on trial.)
I have ask questions at ICBC and the answers they gave me are similar to ones posted on this thread.
Now I have a question I need to ask after hearing from a friend.
I was a minor when this ticket was given to me. I remember I was pulled over with another car getting both cars impounded. I was polite to the officer because I realize I was being an idiot and I was wrong for what I did. The officer was chill to me and let me go early when my friend arrived to pick me up. (He seem to gave the other guy a lot of shit cause he ripped all the way the road"

I know that I can be suspended as soon as this ticket goes through after court then I'll have to pay my ticket and the DRP on top. But ever since then, I don't pull stupid shit like that again, etc and the last ticket I have got was 6 months ago from now. Recently, I have found a new delivery job and I have been working there full-time for almost 2 months now. This is my only source of income and I am saving up for school.

Question: Am I going to be suspended no matter what? I am asking this because my friend was suppose to have a 1 year suspension but then they reduced it down to 3 months after court due to he was a minor. I had to post this because I want to know the odds of what's going to happen.

Last edited by JAYWALKER; 12-05-2011 at 12:40 AM.
JAYWALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:39 AM   #63
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Ask if you can wash dishes during your suspension.
ninjatune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:55 AM   #64
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar ex seven View Post
I notice my court date is coming up soon and it is for an excessive speed ticket I got in March 2011 (I have never been on trial.)
I have ask questions at ICBC and the answers they gave me are similar to ones posted on this thread.
Now I have a question I need to ask after hearing from a friend.
I was a minor when this ticket was given to me. I remember I was pulled over with another car getting both cars impounded. I was polite to the officer because I realize I was being an idiot and I was wrong for what I did. The officer was chill to me and let me go early when my friend arrived to pick me up. (He seem to gave the other guy a lot of shit cause he ripped all the way the road"

I know that I can be suspended as soon as this ticket goes through after court then I'll have to pay my ticket and the DRP on top. But ever since then, I don't pull stupid shit like that again, etc and the last ticket I have got was 6 months ago from now. Recently, I have found a new delivery job and I have been working there full-time for almost 2 months now. This is my only source of income and I am saving up for school.

Question: Am I going to be suspended no matter what? I am asking this because my friend was suppose to have a 1 year suspension but then they reduced it down to 3 months after court due to he was a minor. I had to post this because I want to know the odds of what's going to happen.
your grammar sucks.. it was really hard trying to understand you

but after reading it 3 times, i could only tell you. the judge will decide, we don't know
Old 12-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #65
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatune View Post
Ask if you can wash dishes during your suspension.
i don't think they need anymore dishwashers and say if i was transiting, it'll take me 1-2 hours to get there lol.
Quote:
your grammar sucks.. it was really hard trying to understand you

but after reading it 3 times, i could only tell you. the judge will decide, we don't know
ya, i know my grammar sucks but thanks for hearing me out. let just hope miracle happens otherwise ill be transiting soon

Last edited by JAYWALKER; 12-05-2011 at 10:28 AM.
JAYWALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #66
Banned By Establishment

just hope the officer dont show up