REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 04-18-2010, 09:44 AM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

what if a tree fell on...

so im not sure if this is in the right forum so if its not it would be great if someone moved it to the correct one.

so what if a tree on someone else'ss property fell and broke our fence? or say a tree fell on my car in my own driveway or if my car was parked on the street, any difference?

whos insurance pays for it?

i thought if person A had a tree and neglects it cut off long branches and such and they fell on person B's car or fence person A is liable for the damages.

and is person B allowed to trim the branches off of person A's tree?

Kinda like...if there was ice in your drive way and you neglect to salt it and a postman slips and hurts himself he can sue you can he not? im just trying to remember things from law class
Advertisement
homey_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:25 AM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

It's up to the owner's responsibility to have excess tree branches cut, walkways free of snow, etc etc.

It's called duty of care, so in the scenario you created where the postman slips on your driveway because of the ice, yes he can sue you and you'll be guilty 100%.
Cillu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

ah finally a reply =D THANKS!

ya the duty of car i understand. now what about the tree thats on a neighbours property? sounds like its the same scenario, but some people tell me that if a tree on a on a neighbours property fell...or BIG branches fell on my car or our house its your own insurance that pays for it and not the neighbours.
in other words its not the neighbours responsibility.
homey_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
whoever it belongs to is their responsiblity...

if your worried about a tree hanging over onto your side, jsut ask the owner to get the part hangin onto your side trimmed...