REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Easy way to get in your spinach

I'll admit I am not a big fan of spinach but I've been eating it anyways since its good for me. I've been trying to figure out a way to get in a massive amount of spinach without actually having to chew it (I dont mind the taste.. I just dont actually like eating it for some reason.. lol)..
I found the solution...

I'm using the magic bullet so I'm not sure how this will work in a full sized blender. If you dont have a magic bullet I'd suggest getting one though. They are like $30 and are perfect for personal sized shakes.

Take about 50 ml of egg whites and dump it in the cup. Take an entire bunch of spinach and wash it really well. Fill the cup half ways up with spinach... Put on the lid. Turn on and wait like 30 seconds. It will be a liquid now. Keep on repeating till you have blended up the entire bunch of spinach. You will be left with half to three quarters of a cup of liquid spinach. Add this into your shakes, on your salad or if you are one of those people that can do shots of olive oil... Just start drinking it straight.. lol

Even if you dont like the flavor of Spinach you can still add it into your shakes. You dont even taste it.
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Hmm that's a pretty good tip, thought it was gonna be an omelette recipe to being with though. I don't mind spinach that much though, I've gone into the habit of replacing anything that would usually have lettuce with spinach instead.
Fuhrėr-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
When I use to eT healthy lol I use to to spinach and water In the magic bullet
Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

I love spinach, so I just eat it with some salad dressing.
Ducdesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Spinach salad is how I get my fill... But whatever floats your boat It's also killer chopped up in an omellete/scrambled egg mess.. MmmM Good.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #6
Need to Seek Professional Help

Do you add it sparingly throughout the day or is this one serving because I don't see how even protein shakes can block out the taste lol. I'm currently using green shakes and definately want to look at different alternatives.
Posted via RS Mobile
AutozamAZ-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutozamAZ-3 View Post
Do you add it sparingly throughout the day or is this one serving because I don't see how even protein shakes can block out the taste lol. I'm currently using green shakes and definately want to look at different alternatives.
Posted via RS Mobile
I spread it out over 2 shakes... I'm guessing if you were just doing protein and water it wouldnt be enough to block out the taste but if you are mixing it with some fruit it would be fine..
Old 04-20-2010, 12:38 AM   #8
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,805 Times in 8,184 Posts
We cook our spinach in coconut cream, it's delicious and healthy
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:15 AM   #9
Need to Seek Professional Help

^ will try that out
Posted via RS Mobile
AutozamAZ-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #10
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

spinach salad with a vinegarette.

or goma-ae.
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #11
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Out of the can.

Stevie P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

I like to throw in on the frying pan for a few minutes with a little olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Makes a good side dish.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #13
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Also spinach salad, couple teaspoons olive oil, lemon juice and bit o honey, mixed. Pour over spinach and cut up some apple cubes into that, along with a handful of walnuts. Looks good and tastes good
Fuhrėr-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #14

I just threw it in the blender with some milk...
It tasted like milk... mixed with a little bit of dirt.. I'm trying to drink a liter of milk a day lately and I'm trying to have as much spinach as possible so I'll be doing this more often.. Kill two birds with one stone..
penner2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:21 PM   #15
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Why don't you just throw in some eggs at the end and turn it into an omlette or something?

Obviously it'll take longer to make but I'm sure you'll actually end up enjoying it instead of trying to down it as fast as possible
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #16

I have been juicing veggies every day.. Usually nobody ever feels like drinking vegetable juice, but I have found it to be great. I have juiced bok choi, spinach, asparagus, baby bok choi, red cabbage, choi sum, etc. Anything I can find that is dark green. Typical Chinese veggies are cheapest for me

I'll usually take a pound of greens and add 2 apples and 1 orange. End result tastes actually very good - pretty much like orange/apple juice with a bit of green flavour. Totally acceptable, and how else can you get a POUND of greens into your diet each day?

The amount of vitamins and minerals you get by juicing these things is staggering. No need to take a multivitamin at all!
Old 05-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #17
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I have been juicing veggies every day.. Usually nobody ever feels like drinking vegetable juice, but I have found it to be great. I have juiced bok choi, spinach, asparagus, baby bok choi, red cabbage, choi sum, etc. Anything I can find that is dark green. Typical Chinese veggies are cheapest for me

I'll usually take a pound of greens and add 2 apples and 1 orange. End result tastes actually very good - pretty much like orange/apple juice with a bit of green flavour. Totally acceptable, and how else can you get a POUND of greens into your diet each day?

The amount of vitamins and minerals you get by juicing these things is staggering. No need to take a multivitamin at all!
fuck that is brilliant
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:12 AM   #18

I don't think it's that brilliant

Today's juice was 300g of tong choi (water spinach), 100g apsaragus, an orange, a kiwi, and a couple apples.

Sounds gross, but I'm glad I tried this. The juices are really good. If my wife can enjoy them, anyone can. Believe me

This one actually has a slight hint of a spicy taste, like nutmeg or cloves. Delicious
Old 05-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Why don't you just throw in some eggs at the end and turn it into an omlette or something?

Obviously it'll take longer to make but I'm sure you'll actually end up enjoying it instead of trying to down it as fast as possible
I'll most likely start doing that too... I'm usually having milk w/ spinach while I'm making breakfast...
penner2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #20
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

steam it. it shrinks down to nothing. my son doesn't like it raw, but steamed, he doesn't even realize he's eating it.

i usually steam tofu, carrots brocolli and spinach, put a little miso gravy on top for a bit of taste.

-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
she's a whore. you're a loser.
in the garage:
'05 Dodge Ram 2500
'06 BMW 530i
'08 Chevy Equinox LT
the_rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:02 PM   #21
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Just cook it down in a pan. Fry up a bit of chopped garlic in a little bit of oil and then cook it down. Add a bit of salt or soy sauce if you really want to.
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote