REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Warrants

Is it possible to find out if someone has a warrant out for their arrest, or are those sort of things private? And if so, how would you go about finding that out?
Advertisement
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
I bringith the lowerballerith

I've only ever advised someone that they had a warrant for their arrest once and it was to the specific person whom the warrant was for. I only did it because we had a long-term "relationship" as arrestee and arrester and I was attempting to avoid him being held in jail over a weekend to see a judge when he was picked up by us (advised him over the phone to attend court on his own before the weekend hit). I wouldn't share that information with anyone else, nor would I expect anyone else with access to that information to do so.

If you're wondering for yourself, you can always walk into a police station, provide ID and ask if you have a warrant outstanding. If you do, you'll likely find out pretty quickly.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Heh, no it's not for me. Someone I'm unfortunately acquainted with did a bunch of shit and, a couple examples among many, is being charged with credit fraud, destruction of property and grand theft auto (or whatever it's called here). There was allegedly a warrant out for her arrest and I know she had been hiding out for a few days after we got the RCMP involved and laid charges. I'm just curious if there is a warrant out for her arrest because I now know where she's staying... *shrug*
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:10 PM   #4
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
so pass the info on to the officer in charge of the case, and they will deal with it as the situation calls for.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
I've only ever advised someone that they had a warrant for their arrest once and it was to the specific person whom the warrant was for. I only did it because we had a long-term "relationship" as arrestee and arrester and I was attempting to avoid him being held in jail over a weekend to see a judge when he was picked up by us (advised him over the phone to attend court on his own before the weekend hit). I wouldn't share that information with anyone else, nor would I expect anyone else with access to that information to do so.

If you're wondering for yourself, you can always walk into a police station, provide ID and ask if you have a warrant outstanding. If you do, you'll likely find out pretty quickly.
This seems fairly unethical to me and something I probably wouldn't admit on the internet if I was a police officer.
j0hn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:57 PM   #6
Retired Traffic Cop

I can't see any problem with it, I used to do it all the time. Call them up, tell them about the warrant and that they could either fix it on their own or wait from me to track them down. Most went in to the court and looked after it, the rest I had to go get. Saved me time and the end result was the same....

This would be public knowledge as it occurs in open court.

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:15 PM   #7
e-thugger*

Might show up on this:

https://eservice.ag.gov.bc.ca/cso/es...partySearch.do