REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Can I get a ticket or fined for my music being too loud

So this guy that isn't even my naughbour is complaining that my music is too loud and that is his little girl sleeps on this side of the house so being the person I am I turned my music half way down, as I was leaving last night he came back out and started bitching at me about how he asked me to turn it down which I did but he was complaining that the bass is too loud. The first time he talked to me it was 11pm so I can understand but last night it was like 8:30 so i'm not planning on turning down my music that early I understand he's got a little girl, but even the people who live beside me have a little girl and I've got no complaints from them or anyone else around my house.

So I'm wondering what the noise law is because I know u can get a ticket/fine for disterbing the peace or something so I'd perfer to avoid that. Thanks
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Well, if you remember several years ago, there was a Chinese guy who drove a green Saab 93 or something blasting his music super loud with the top down. Eventually he was given warnings and finally fined by the Richmond RCMP. Under what grounds he was fined for, I don't know since I'm not a police officer, however, it did happen and word spread like a wild fire.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
Retired Traffic Cop

I think we have discussed it here already. Please have a go at searching and then let us know if you don't find what you need.

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote