REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Police Officers on phone at wheel (https://www.revscene.net/forums/613704-police-officers-phone-wheel.html)

Dan_Guy 05-03-2010 11:31 PM

Police Officers on phone at wheel

Been seeing a lot of this lately.

Whats up with this?

willystyle 05-03-2010 11:40 PM

They run red lights, pull illegal U-turns, park illegally, and even use their laptops while they are operating a police cruiser.

Why?

because they can. life isn't fair, get used to it.

NSX 05-04-2010 12:42 AM

They are exempt from the new rules.

6insomnia9 05-04-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhalsim (Post 6937019)
They are exempt from the any rules.

I've corrected it for you.

vafanculo 05-04-2010 12:53 AM

Im sure they have policies to only use the cell for job purposes only, lol but how can you prove otherwise. Either way I rather have a few cops on their cells than 1 in every 3 drivers around me.
Posted via RS Mobile

Mugen EvOlutioN 05-04-2010 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willystyle (Post 6936942)
They run red lights, pull illegal U-turns, park illegally, and even use their laptops while they are operating a police cruiser.

Why?

because they can. life isn't fair, get used to it.

they can do watever the hell they want

Kim Jong Un 05-04-2010 08:07 AM

suck it up, or you could knock on their car window and give your opinions.... see how that turns out

Soundy 05-04-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhalsim (Post 6937019)
They are exempt from the any rules.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6insomnia9 (Post 6937028)
I've corrected it for you.

I am out of word :lol:

InvisibleSoul 05-04-2010 10:19 AM

I was in an elevator a couple weeks ago with a guy talking loudly on his phone, and he was telling his buddy how he got pulled over by Vancouver Police because he was talking on his phone while driving, but when he told him he was an auxiliary RCMP officer and showed him his ID, the police officer said "Okay, don't worry about it, have a nice day."

buddy 05-04-2010 11:11 AM

do what i say, not do what i do ...

skidmark 05-04-2010 05:29 PM

So complain to the police service about it. Like you, I agree that they should not be on the phone when driving. Even though they are exempt, that still doesn't make it right.

willystyle 05-04-2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 6937357)
I was in an elevator a couple weeks ago with a guy talking loudly on his phone, and he was telling his buddy how he got pulled over by Vancouver Police because he was talking on his phone while driving, but when he told him he was an auxiliary RCMP officer and showed him his ID, the police officer said "Okay, don't worry about it, have a nice day."

I find this difficult to believe. First of all, the VPD doesn't like the RCMP, just take a look at the VPD always trying to screw the RCMP officers over for drinking and driving charges, and vice versa.

Secondly, that Auxiliary officer isn't even a fully qualified police officer, so the VPD officer doesn't need to give a crap who he is. At the end of the day, he's only a volunteer without a pistol around his belt that needs to be babysat while he's on duty.

seekerbeta 05-04-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willystyle (Post 6938029)
I find this difficult to believe. First of all, the VPD doesn't like the RCMP, just take a look at the VPD always trying to screw the RCMP officers over for drinking and driving charges, and vice versa.

Secondly, that Auxiliary officer isn't even a fully qualified police officer, so the VPD officer doesn't need to give a crap who he is. At the end of the day, he's only a volunteer without a pistol around his belt that needs to be babysat while he's on duty.

Thanks.... Ill remember not to save your ass when Im on duty...

we are integral... but at the same time.... we shouldn't take advantage of things like that... if you got name or badge or anything... those are usually grounds for a good dismissal

willystyle 05-04-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seekerbeta (Post 6938073)
Thanks.... Ill remember not to save your ass when Im on duty...

we are integral... but at the same time.... we shouldn't take advantage of things like that... if you got name or badge or anything... those are usually grounds for a good dismissal

Don't get me wrong, I am pro-cops, and I respect and appreciate everything that cops do on the front and backline. As a matter of fact, I even volunteer at a Community Policing Centre.

At the sametime, you cannot dismiss how shady alot of cops are in the RCMP and MUNI. I've personally heard things from cops about other cops, and I've seen cops doing things they aren't suppose to do, and I'm not talking about petty little things like illegal U-turns or talking on cellphone while they are driving their cruiser.

johny 05-04-2010 09:21 PM

who cares, I still use mine...

danned 05-04-2010 10:06 PM

who cares, police has the power to do so

tool001 05-05-2010 12:14 PM

saw one with burger in one hand and driving with other on pacific the other day..

tonyvu 05-05-2010 03:15 PM

lol go tell them that its illegal and tell us how that turns out instead of crying to RS about it...

Mr.Jay 05-05-2010 04:31 PM

Police are above the law, I mean they can kill people and get away with it so what makes u think they aren't gonna talk on their phones?
Posted via RS Mobile

hchang 05-05-2010 05:38 PM

If I remember correctly, Police Officers are not affected by this law on shift as they are emergency personnel, and being on the phone is considered part of their job.

Five-Oh 05-05-2010 09:21 PM

Police are exempt from this law; however, they should still not be talking on the phone while driving unless it is exigent circumstances. The rest of the traffic violations you see police committing there is usually a reason for them. Not too many members are going to risk the consequences of doing something illegal when it is not an operational requirement because contrary to popular opinion, the RCMP isn't all about cover-ups and protecting their own, they will hang their members out to dry.

As for the rest of you who have an uncle who's former room mate knew a guy that knows a cop who does something illegal, they're either lying or it is an isolate incident. I work in a detachment with close to 300 members and of all the ones I talk to I don't know a single one that isn't trying to make the community a better place.

The question has been answered and this thread has become useless comments bashing police. Thread locked.