REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 05-14-2010, 07:10 PM   #26
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPhuong View Post
Superslowss wtf 125cc? that's less than my friends dirtbike. I highsided in dirt but it still counts as riding. I've only lowsided on my streetbike when I was too fast in a corner twice. 125cc's LOL your hilarious.
Ulic Qel Droma lowsided on a 49cc scooter so.....125cc is nothing.
Advertisement

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #27
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
frame sliders FTW!

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:49 AM   #28
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I just picked up a pair of Sidi Vortice from Aaron at Modern. His pricing was even better than the pricing on Ebay...but yes, deal with him, not his dad murray.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #29
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashimaro View Post
I just picked up a pair of Sidi Vortice from Aaron at Modern. His pricing was even better than the pricing on Ebay...but yes, deal with him, not his dad murray.

Those boots are so hawt. Do u mind if i ask how much he sold them for?
tegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegz View Post
Those boots are so hawt. Do u mind if i ask how much he sold them for?
lol, yah dood, i love these boots, takes a few mins to get in and out of them though....

i paid $500 OTD for these boots from Aaron @ Modern.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashimaro View Post
lol, yah dood, i love these boots, takes a few mins to get in and out of them though....

i paid $500 OTD for these boots from Aaron @ Modern.
Ahh the price to pay for the best boots around.

What u think about these? I really dont have the money to spend $500 currently on just boots....

Do you know if modern has these sidi strada's in stock?
Old 05-15-2010, 01:49 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
frame sliders FTW!
The bike im picking up today (gixxer600) has frame sliders installed, does that mean I should be less worried about damaging my ankle?
Old 05-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #33
RS Veteran

Uhh...no. Frame sliders are to protect your fairings in the event you drop it but it doesn't mean it will 100% protect it from damaging your bike.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 05-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #34
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Superslowss wtf 125cc? that's less than my friends dirtbike. I highsided in dirt but it still counts as riding. I've only lowsided on my streetbike when I was too fast in a corner twice. 125cc's LOL your hilarious.
I thought you highsided on the street.

But I have seen you ride. You should follow 125cc for a while. Not newbie..but someone experienced.

Quote:
The bike im picking up today (gixxer600) has frame sliders installed, does that mean I should be less worried about damaging my ankle?
maybe if it has racing foot pegs.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #35

Quote:
Frame sliders are meant to save your frame and not always the fairings

Those boots would be great to get. Riding boots are better than any running shoe in a crash!
Old 05-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #36
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlowSS View Post
I thought you highsided on the street.

But I have seen you ride. You should follow 125cc for a while. Not newbie..but someone experienced.

maybe if it has racing foot pegs.
Sorry but that's not realistic at all. I have not met anyone experienced who rides on a 125cc. And can I ask who you are? I like to know who I'm getting advice from before I move on. Especially with trolls these days a pic of your bike would be good enough I dont need a pic of yourself.

And can I ask what your qualifications are on giving me advice?

Last edited by xPhuong; 05-15-2010 at 06:29 PM.
xPhuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #37

Acuracura! he is a good and safe 125cc rider. If you are lucky enough to meet him one day on a group ride. Follow him. Watch and learn. Really it can be any good safe rider that does the speed limit.

And you know..I didn't say forever. Just for a few rides. It really helps. All about building confidence.

oh who am I? well next time you see a ride for s2s... pace: expert. Come.

Last edited by SuperSlowSS; 05-15-2010 at 07:57 PM.
SuperSlowSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #38
RS Veteran

Displacement of a bike does not equate to riding experience. There are a lot of complete fools on litre bikes who have little to no riding experience.

Oh, and there are TONNES of experienced riders out there, including 7 time champions who ride a 125cc.

This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2010, 02:44 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Displacement of a bike doesn't not equate to riding experience. There are a lot of complete fools on litre bikes who have little to no riding experience.

Oh, and there are TONNES of experienced riders out there, including 7 time champions who ride a 125cc.
QFT. Today I found out that I wasn't a squid.... yet!

Went the speed limit -- sometimes below it... -- and tried to be well aware of my surroundings on my first ride (with a supervisor following me of course)

Needless to say that it was the best day of my life

Would you guys ever forget your first street ride on a bike?

Anyway here's a phone pic of my gixxer, hopefully I can get the hang of controlling it better soon enough!

Pretty stock except for the fender eliminator kit, levers, chain, and the frame sliders.

Gonna take some hi-res pics of it by next weekend!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:33 AM   #40
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlowSS View Post
Acuracura! he is a good and safe 125cc rider. If you are lucky enough to meet him one day on a group ride. Follow him. Watch and learn. Really it can be any good safe rider that does the speed limit.

And you know..I didn't say forever. Just for a few rides. It really helps. All about building confidence.

oh who am I? well next time you see a ride for s2s... pace: expert. Come.
Sorry but I've been on the s2s and it doesn't take a professional to go fast on there. The highway is generally 3 lanes except for sometimes. And generally the twistie parts aren't very technical. There's a brief corner b4 the sign about squamish and some kind of museum I can say that takes finesse to actually turn at speed but the other ones aren't. And its crawling with cops too. Not trying to hate on you or anything lol. And I have no hate for 125cc's but like I've said I've never met anyone who's ridden a cbr125 that is well rehearsed.
Posted via RS Mobile
xPhuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #41
MOD

Tegz, nice pick on the gixxer. Too bad you couldn't make it to the meet. It was dominated by gixxers
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-16-2010, 10:32 AM   #42
RS Veteran

tegz,

Come out to the next RS Coffee Meet! Nice choice on the bike. I am jealous.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #43

Thanks, I will definately try to improve to the point where I won't embarass myself too much in the next 2 weeks!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #44

Quote:
Thanks, I will definately try to improve to the point where I won't embarass myself too much in the next 2 weeks!
Just ride safe and ride within your skill level/comfort zone

nice bike you got there! looks to be in great shape as well! bring it out to the next RS Coffee meet. Would've been cool having another gixxer there
(i've got the orange/black 750 in the coffee meet pics page)
Old 05-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #45
RS Veteran

^
Ditto.

Everybody was very well behaved and we're all old enough to know that horsing around on bikes isn't "cool." The ambulance was there last night so...if you had gotten hurt...

Old 05-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #46
MOD

Although some punk on a scooter was reving their engine. Almost had to report him to the cops
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-16-2010, 04:00 PM   #47

Quote:
Sorry but I've been on the s2s and it doesn't take a professional to go fast on there. The highway is generally 3 lanes except for sometimes. And generally the twistie parts aren't very technical. There's a brief corner b4 the sign about squamish and some kind of museum I can say that takes finesse to actually turn at speed but the other ones aren't. And its crawling with cops too. Not trying to hate on you or anything lol. And I have no hate for 125cc's but like I've said I've never met anyone who's ridden a cbr125 that is well rehearsed.
Posted via RS Mobile
lol you are a funny guy. Look, I know you are young and still in highschool.
So I am not going to tear you a new one. Besides I really just wish you to ride your bike as long as you can. And be safe on the road. If you go back and read what I actually wrote...you will see that I suggested you follow any good rider that does the speed limit. Slow first... speed will come. Anyways, wish you a good season and many more to come.

Last edited by SuperSlowSS; 05-16-2010 at 04:27 PM.
SuperSlowSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #48
B&S Sexy mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc25 View Post
x2 for sidi.
But if youre on a budget, I bought a set of Nitro high cut boots, not ankle (since its the most important area to protect)
I'd stay away from the Nitro boots, I had a set and they fell apart after 2000 km of me riding with them, so I'd be skeptical if they'd actually hold together in a crash

Quote:
If your just doing city thing get short cuts or even regular sneakers will do. Because in a city if a car hits u ur leg is gonna be crushed either way lol.
Sneakers are NOT substantial enough, I know 2 people know who've had their bike land on them and have the foopeg go through their shoe and into their foot (one a lowspeed off and another getting bumped over by a car in a parkinglot)
The non-racing model Sidi's are the best way to go IMO, very breatheable, comfortable, dont squeek when you walk, look relatively normal under street clothes and arent crazy expensive, while still providing you with good protection.
I even went offroading with my Sidi Vertebra's yesterday and they worked out OK ish (went on a ride and found a access road/walking path/donkey trail those of us on supermotards couldnt resist)
stevo911_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:18 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
^
Ditto.

Everybody was very well behaved and we're all old enough to know that horsing around on bikes isn't "cool." The ambulance was there last night so...if you had gotten hurt...
Thanks, I'm trying to brain-wash that train-of-thought into my head as I ride all the time.

Today I dropped my bike, although the frame sliders protected the bike from any damage except a rock-chip sized scratch on my rear frame.

What happened was I forgot that I had my disk brake lock on after parking it on the street (So far I'm only used to taking it off when I leave home) and when I started up the bike and let go of the clutch with both feet on my pegs, my bike fell to its side while I was trying to pull away from the curb.

Something like this..

"It's not if you drop it, it's when you drop it."

Thank god no damage over $100 was done, but I'm still bummed out and kind of disappointed that I did this to my baby!!..
Old 05-16-2010, 11:48 PM   #50
RS Veteran

Ouch!

But hey, it happens to the best of us. At least this wasn't while in traffic. That would have suck. Probably better to have gotten over it now than later, right?

Looks like you're starting off on the right path with a good attitude. I always tell myself that when you're on the road, there's nobody to impress other than yourself making sure you get home safe.