REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 05-08-2010, 06:18 AM   #1
I STILL don't get it

Phuket

Hey Gang,

Anybody here been to Phuket and know of any good / reputable scuba diving instructors there? I went once with this guy Dino from Dragon Dive, but can't seem to get a hold of him anymore. anybody have any leads to good day rates and instructors?

any ideas for fun things to do? i'll be there end of july for 3 days.

TIA!
Advertisement
leilomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
I am Hook'd on RS

Patong is the place to be, I was there this Xmas. If you are in Patong you want to check out Jungceylon, its a mall there. Near there is a street with alot of bar and night life. They close this road and ppl walk up and down it. There are alot of hot chicks and the red light district is there. You see naked girls dancing at some of the bars from the street. Thats the place you want to be for night life. As for everything else, its pretty much the beach. You can check out the old town on Phuket, but thats about it. I heard there is also a outlet mall just outside of Patong, never went there though.

Have fun!
nelnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
I bringith the lowerballerith

Phuket is awesome.
Allot of fun.

You can find Scuba lessons anywhere in Phuket.
I just asked my hotel for a recommended place.

Patong is hella fun. Especially if you are single.

I suggest sticking to real looking bars and clubs for drinks.
The bars with sweet looking bar girls and games on the table, these places are more expensive and the girls will be all over you to buy more drinks.
Pay off your tab every order. Dont let it rack up.

Clubs are fun. Especially if you are single. If not single, its still a great time.

I went to the kickboxing matches in Patong. Was pretty good entertainment.
Dont get suckered to buy the ringside seats. Bleachers are better.
They will con you that this one night is the biggest fight night. The truth is, every night is just a normal fight.

I rented scooters and went to town on them.
Fill up gas at gas stations. Avoid the mini pump stations or grocery store gas. Double or triple the price. Inspect your bike before renting them. Carry a passport when riding a bike. Always wear a helmet, you will get ticketed.

DO NOT RENT JET SKIS anywhere in Phuket. (You can google Jet Ski Scam Phuket)
SlySi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

nice im planning to head down there soon to train muay thai

i think u should try muay thai too
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote