REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
I don't get it

broken nail

hey guys long story short, I fell yesterday and the nail on my index finger broke in half and was bleeding a lot. Its still attached a bit. the nurse at the hospital just wrapped it up. I changed the bandage today and cleaned it with hydrogen prioxide as told by the nurse. It was still bleeding a little bit and hurts from time to time. Just wondering how long it will take for the bleeding and pain to stop, also how long it will take for the nail to grow back?

Thanks

yamahar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:40 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

bleeding and pain - about a week or two

nail will come back in a couple months.. your whole nail might fall off. Don't worry, it happens to everybody

By next year, you won't even notice it was gone! This is for feet, though. My toes are a mess LOL.
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #3
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I lost my thumb nail back then. Try to tape something hard against your finger (finger crutches but not affecting the mobility of the finger joints). Your index finger will bump into stuff from time to time and it will hurt.
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
one of my nails completely broke off. and it took exactly 4 1/2 months to grow back fully as if nothing had happened
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: