REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 05-16-2010, 11:50 PM   #26
Director of RS Cares

I don't know you but as an outsider looking into all I can see is,

You are using this poor guy as your backup plan if things don't pan out with your search for love. You are willing to take emotional/physical/financial support from him because you knows he would and will do it for you no matter the circumstances while he thinks "the more I do and show this girl how much I love her..one day she'll realize I AM THE ONE,"

Basically, you need to set boundaries with what you say/do/take from him. If you don't have feelings for him, then you need to tell him. If he doesn't listen, then it's YOUR duty as a real friend to show him with actions (limit contact, avoid hanging out one on one, etc etc). Yes, it may hurt him at first but this is for his own good as well as yours. Don't be selfish like you said. You already know he deserves someone worth his time so cut hm loose.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #27
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Thanks for reading my post and sharing your opinions.

Some people questioned that whether I should post it on RV. My intention was to get different perspectives from people.

If I did not make things crystal clear from the start, he and I won’t be friends for 10 years. If I was intentionally to lead him on, I think he will be long gone.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #28
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Nice guys finish last almost always, he thinks the longer he stays by your side. The better his chances are, sometimes wrong, hence friendzone. But you can't say you're not to blame, you say you've made it crystal fucking clear. So why is this an option? Why is this thread even made?
Posted via RS Mobile
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:02 PM   #29
ah_some

you're not intentionally leading him on, you are basically using him b/c you know that he's there whenever and wherever you need him.

he's still there for you b/c he has high hopes that you'd "wake up" and realize that the guy you've been looking for is right infront of your face.

CoLoRs member #19 [The Enforcer, you maggots!]
RSB #6

ah_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #30

Thanked 2,284 Times in 186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post

Some people questioned that whether I should post it on RV. My intention was to get different perspectives from people.

If I did not make things crystal clear from the start, he and I won’t be friends for 10 years. If I was intentionally to lead him on, I think he will be long gone.
More like if he pays for your financial endeavors and provide you emotional stability at your disposal, you'll intentionally lead him on..and he won't be long gone.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #31
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:

telling a guy he's just a friend and just that, and making things "clear" will not stop him from trying. men are determined creatures. it will take a lot more than just mere words from stopping him from trying to win you over.

if man gave up that easily, we'd still be fucking apes.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2010, 10:24 PM   #32
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Ape would rape if you try to mindfuck it.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

OP is a gold digger. Her post content has always been Me, Me, Me, Me.
BlacknJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:33 AM   #34
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeivb View Post
Dont be too picky. Just remember men age like wine and women age like milk

When most men get older, they become wealthier, which results in being more powerful, which results in confidence, which makes them more attractive to women.

Most women on the other hand are insecure since they have to compete with the younger girls. Most older men dont have to compete with younger guys. They are generally more distinguished and powerful.
not always.. look at Ashton Kutcher.. haha he snapped up Demi Moore!!

Quote:

if this wasnt the case, why are you still using his money? why dont you tell me tim leave you alone... WHY not try to love him, if it does FAIL, then at least the both of you know..

Appearances can ONLY go so far in life.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:30 AM   #35
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

i think one thing u need to realize is that not all good things last forever, soon he will be gone too...and that may or not be fine with u
you can choose to not give him a chance which is absolutely fine...but in reality, dont expect him to always be there because although he is a "nice guy", eventually even HE will find someone
Jackwimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:49 AM   #36
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackwimmer View Post
i think one thing u need to realize is that not all good things last forever, soon he will be gone too...and that may or not be fine with u
you can choose to not give him a chance which is absolutely fine...but in reality, dont expect him to always be there because although he is a "nice guy", eventually even HE will find someone
or he'll realize that being the "nice guy" isnt working
Marioo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:03 AM   #37
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackwimmer View Post
thanks. I think when that happens, I'll be happy for him.

After reading all the postings, I realized that it's good that me and him never started. I think I would hurt him even more if we try it out.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #38

So you don't like nice guys, no problem. Let's get drunk, Ill be the nice guy and allow your friend to record.
Posted via RS Mobile
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #39
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I love you vs I am IN LOVE WITH YOU are totally different things. Looks like you are driving on a one way street, it might work, you need to try.