REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

What is good method to accept Credit Card payments(not paypal)

I need to set up a credit card processing system for a client who only pays thru cc.
It's not gonna be many transactions probably 24 thru out the year and each transaction will be about $500-$2000. I'm hoping there is way of just getting their cc info and process it by phone or online, I don't think I need a pos machine where I would have to swipe the card.
Any one know what the rates are for this type of system or if there's another way of doing it.
I don't want to do paypal because then the client is going to have to set up an account and it's too much hassle dealing with paypal. I just want to make it easy as possible for them to pay me.
Advertisement
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:05 AM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I think if you set up a business paypal, your client does not need to have a paypal account. The co. I work for accepts credit card payments via paypal even if the other party does not have an account.

We also use Global Transport..the fees are similar to paypal and it's linked directly to the bank account. There are no monthly fees for CAD; they just take a % of your deposit. However, there is a monthly fee for USD accounts.

Where's your client and which currency will they be paying in?
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:58 AM   #3

I have a business paypal already, I haven't looked further into it but it's just the fees and the negative feedback that's sort of keeping me away from it.
The client's in BC and it's hopefully gonna be CAN currency I haven't asked them yet but they do have locations in almost every Province and State.
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #4

Square

This is a brand new system for the whole iPod, iPhone and iPad.
Their cut is quite high, but for the convenience it should be very popular.

Here is a more in depth look at the system by Wired Magazine:
http://www.wired.com/reviews/product/pr_square_iphone
mrks is offline   Reply With Quote