REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   Motorcyclist down (https://www.revscene.net/forums/614924-motorcyclist-down.html)

SilverBlitz 05-17-2010 12:18 AM

Motorcyclist down

Well this is my second time I went down i turned in too sharp and low sided. I learned lesson don't turn too sharp with cold tires. Anyone want to share their stories?

eurochevy 05-17-2010 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverBlitz (Post 6954743)
Well this is my second time I went down i turned in too sharp and low sided. I learned lesson don't turn too sharp with cold tires. Anyone want to share their stories?

1 wait for tires to warm up... 2 how sharp is this corner because unless your trying to knee drag or something even with you tires cold you shouldn't of gone down..unless you were at some retarded speed in which you had to lean that much and what kind of bike is this

dinamix 05-17-2010 03:58 AM

gravel?

SilverBlitz 05-17-2010 07:40 AM

Yeah I think it's both me trying to get my knee down and gravel that I didn't see. I just know I was stupid and lesson learned. Good thing my frame slider took the hit saved me from a lot of headaches :)
Posted via RS Mobile

turb0fr3ak 05-17-2010 07:47 AM

years ago when i was riding i locked my rear breaks, touge battled with a transit bus to a corner. broke my right leg. lesson: do not wear regular shoes

Gh0stRider 05-17-2010 08:23 AM

damn, sorry to hear that. :(

taylor192 05-18-2010 12:41 PM

The only story I have is definitely make sure you're at the right speed/gear before turning. I had to downshift in a corner, didn't blip the throttle, locked the rear wheel and almost lowsided.

Still getting used to what speed I can take corners at and often misjudge too slow (which is a good thing!), yet judged this one too fast.

eurochevy 05-18-2010 12:55 PM

yep frame sliders are good for the super slow drops or let downs other than that..anything higher speed they pretty much not gonna do that much..but if you go down when your going that fast chances are you probably won't get back up any way haha

gsxr7 11-05-2010 01:21 PM

watched my buddy go down at 120kmh cuz he was goin too fast for his confidence level and wouldnt lean far enough over ,so he flew off the corner.broken collarbone,severe road rash,wrecked $700 helmet and had to replace plastics and screen.

Gh0stRider 11-05-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsxr7 (Post 7174262)
watched my buddy go down at 120kmh cuz he was goin too fast for his confidence level and wouldnt lean far enough over ,so he flew off the corner.broken collarbone,severe road rash,wrecked $700 helmet and had to replace plastics and screen.

OMG!
Posted via RS Mobile