REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 05-17-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

If you find yourself going too fast into corners..

and not wearing enough gear..

check out this site:

http://home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike.htm

Note: NWS + some disgusting stuff
Advertisement
tegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

wow crazy pics near the end.. especially the last one
Old 05-17-2010, 11:41 PM   #3
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

damn
Ride safe everyone!
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:21 AM   #4
14 dolla balla & Bradford Chow aint got nothing on me!

shit man i was just considering a bike too, the picture of the guy that was ejected from seat and into the wooden fence crotch first was the most devastating picture for me.
XtC-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:54 AM   #5
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,527 Times in 4,316 Posts
A lot of these accidents can be prevented if they had taken proper safety training and/or a combination of wearing proper gear. How many of those pictures on that page alone were due to lack of gear? i.e. helmets/gloves/boots etc.

I think it looks peasant as fuck and to me this is a 3/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
^PICS DAMNIT!!!! ill eat the pate out of her banhmi anytime.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:56 AM   #6
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Not going to click on the link and have the mental image recalled everytime I take a corner... just remember to brake on the straight and enter the corner dead slow.

There's no reason to not wear gear in Vancouver, the weather is dam nice.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:54 AM   #7
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Most of those road rash incidents could have been avoided, if people were wearing proper gear. Sure wearing a t-shirt, shorts and sandals are nice on a hot day out, but if you think its too hot to ride, then drive a car. Comfort should not be the deciding factor.

I urge people to get proper training. If they dont have the training, then i wont ride with them. Simple as that.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
Most of those road rash incidents could have been avoided, if people were wearing proper gear. Sure wearing a t-shirt, shorts and sandals are nice on a hot day out, but if you think its too hot to ride, then drive a car. Comfort should not be the deciding factor.

I urge people to get proper training. If they dont have the training, then i wont ride with them. Simple as that.
Yup.. bad road rash = speed + no gear lol!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #9
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
A lot of these accidents can be prevented if they had taken proper safety training and/or a combination of wearing proper gear. How many of those pictures on that page alone were due to lack of gear? i.e. helmets/gloves/boots etc.
Even with proper training, full gear, and a high sense of self-control stuff still goes down.

Maybe it's time to quit street riding and stick to track days for me.
Good_KarMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #10
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
omfg that is some messed up shit

y dont ppl wear proper protective gear i would give a fuck how it looked what matters is that it works...like ppl with no helmets, even glove like come on how hard is it to put on gloves ?
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:48 AM   #11
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,527 Times in 4,316 Posts
Judging by the pictures of those accidents, most of them, if not all, were in the US. There are a tonne of states out there that do not have a law which requires you to wear AT LEAST a helmet. Pretty ass backwards if you ask me. And television shows like Orange Country Choppers kind of promote squiding. Monkey see - monkey do. Go figure.

I think it looks peasant as fuck and to me this is a 3/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
^PICS DAMNIT!!!! ill eat the pate out of her banhmi anytime.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #12
RS controls my life!

this thread title is very misleading lol...and in case someone wants some real info...just look through the corner to your exit RELAX your muslces don't tense up because that alone will screw u...and push in the clutch if all else is failing
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #13
Better safe than Surrey

This weekend I got a good stick to the neck.

I was dirt-biking thru a over-grown trail and behind some leaves there was a 1" tree that had fallen part way, it had went under my helmet and gave me a good bit of rash as i went by. After that I called it quits on bush wackin....
OTG-ZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:03 PM   #14
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Ive been to that site 4-5 times before, and everytime it gives me the shivers.
Reminds me that I shouldnt speed on public roads and to wear gear.
BinsentoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #15

Went out yesterday night and 10pm for some practice riding in the rain, kept under speed limit or even below at all times.

Anyways, I was going down the snake hill between North Road and Coquitlam centre.. I downshifted before the corners to get a good RPM range to make the turns with enough throttle..

When I downshifted, I revmatched, but not quite enough, and what happened was my rear kinda went out of control and slided side to side... I was lucky enough to ease gently on the throttle to get back in control right before I went in the corner but was scared shitless to take the corner on at a reasonable speed, slowing down a car behind me throughout the turn..

I thought slipper-clutch and rev-matching was supposed to stop a rear slip (it definately doesn't slip ever in dry roads, but much more sensitive in the rain) now I'm just traumatized to ride corners confidently in the rain lol!!

My guess is that I didn't rev-match enough, was going about 50 in 3rd, shifted down to 2nd but I was shocked at how easy it was to slip on your rear lol.

Anyone got any tips to conquer this? What I'm gonna do is definately work on blipping harder with the throttle on downshifts, as I blipped too little yesterday, imo.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #16
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

keep it in third and be gental on the brakes if you're not that confident in rev matching going down snake hill while riding in the rain...or... Just drive when it rains...
Posted via RS Mobile
|<e|_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:15 AM   #17
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegz View Post
Went out yesterday night and 10pm for some practice riding in the rain, kept under speed limit or even below at all times.

Anyways, I was going down the snake hill between North Road and Coquitlam centre.. I downshifted before the corners to get a good RPM range to make the turns with enough throttle..

When I downshifted, I revmatched, but not quite enough, and what happened was my rear kinda went out of control and slided side to side... I was lucky enough to ease gently on the throttle to get back in control right before I went in the corner but was scared shitless to take the corner on at a reasonable speed, slowing down a car behind me throughout the turn..

I thought slipper-clutch and rev-matching was supposed to stop a rear slip (it definately doesn't slip ever in dry roads, but much more sensitive in the rain) now I'm just traumatized to ride corners confidently in the rain lol!!

My guess is that I didn't rev-match enough, was going about 50 in 3rd, shifted down to 2nd but I was shocked at how easy it was to slip on your rear lol.

Anyone got any tips to conquer this? What I'm gonna do is definately work on blipping harder with the throttle on downshifts, as I blipped too little yesterday, imo.
a slipper clutch isn't going to completely get rid of rear wheel slip. however at those speeds (not counting actual engine speed as you didn't indicate any) I highly doubt that your slipper clutch is doing anything. it only works after a certain limit. eg. shifting from 4th to 2nd going 100km/h.

loss of traction was more likely because of other factors than your slipper clutch reasoning especially at 50km/h
lexluthor09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #18
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegz View Post

how fast did you let the clutch out when you downshifted?
Old 09-16-2010, 04:57 AM   #19
I STILL don't get it

If u ride at night find some open space without traffic to 'warm' ur tires... Makes a HUGE difference..... Havin about 20% grip compared to full grip on ridin early in the morn, n late at night sucks
Posted via RS Mobile
Midnitez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #20
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnitez View Post
If u ride at night find some open space without traffic to 'warm' ur tires... Makes a HUGE difference..... Havin about 20% grip compared to full grip on ridin early in the morn, n late at night sucks
Posted via RS Mobile
Absolutely. There are a lot of posts from new riders on various forums about lowsiding right after leaving their house. Cold tires don't stick, keep the bike upright in the corners will you've been able to build up some heat. Especially as mornings get cooler and damp in the fall.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote