REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 05-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #51
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmilk101 View Post
If you did your research, the story is NOT made up. Ip man 1 & 2 is a story retold by Ip Man's son, who is still alive and teaching wing chun in HK.
2nd, all movies are exaggerated. They are made as entertainment, not documentary. go watch some discovery channel if you wana watch no exaggeration.
Sorry to burst your Ip Man hero fantasy.

"Ip Man, born to a wealthy class, lived the life of an aristocrat, until the Japanese invasion, and then following the Communist takeover of China, fled the mainland to go to Macao, and later Hong Kong. While in Hong Kong, he became an instructor of the then unknown system of Wing Chun Kuen at the Chinese Restaurant Association in 1949. This is a dramatic difference between the real Ip Man, and the movie Ip Man.

The ending fight scene the Japanese General is a fictional account, and Ip Man was never shot after a challenge match, nor fought 10 Japanese karateka and took them all out without breaking a sweat."
Advertisement
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #52
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

the movie was alright id give it a 8/10
showtekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:59 AM   #53
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
only reason the second is worth watching is the sammo and donny fight, they make very good oppositions, like in saat po long
I dunno... I didn't feel too much from that fight to be honest.
The fights in the first one had better quality to it, and this one didn't help
with the BS balance act with hanging wires hopping over chairs.

One part, they were just both fluttering their fists around with nothing
happening. Reminded me of oldschool Dragon Ball where they repeat the same
animation for 20 seconds with no outcome.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #54
Banned (ABWS)

http://ipching.org.hk/IpMan.htm
milkmilk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #55
Banned (ABWS)

not sue if you wiki the info or where ever u got your source from but hear it rom his own son.

And I never say all they talked about in the movie is real.
milkmilk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #56
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmilk101 View Post
not sue if you wiki the info or where ever u got your source from but hear it rom his own son.

And I never say all they talked about in the movie is real.
So what exactly in the movie corresponded with real life events?

It wasn't beating up 10 Japanese in honour of his dead friend.
It wasn't getting shot after defeating a Japanese General.

So what exactly?

The only thing the movie shared in common with real life events is the Name of the movie.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:40 PM   #57
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
The only thing the movie shared in common with real life events is the Name of the movie.
Well I don't know about that acutally...
Isn't his name acutally "Yip Man" ?
But the movie's called "Ip Man"

I know it's the same name, but I'm just trying...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:17 AM   #58
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Well I don't know about that acutally...
Isn't his name acutally "Yip Man" ?
But the movie's called "Ip Man"

I know it's the same name, but I'm just trying...
the pronunciation in chinese is "yip"
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #59
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
I'm like the rest of you and enjoyed the first one more.

I loved the end scene with Bruce Lee being introduced as one of his future students. The fact that they went to show all those Bruce Lee pics and info about him learning Wing Chun later makes me think that they're not going to make Ip Man 3.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:17 AM   #60
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Ip Man 1 was better than the second one. The story line was extremely weak for Ip Man 2, to be honest the fight scenes were the only good parts in the whole movie. There was a lot of hype for Ip Man 2, because the first one was so good, but the second one was disappointing.

Last edited by Purely; 06-06-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Purely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:42 AM   #61
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
Sorry to burst your Ip Man hero fantasy.

"Ip Man, born to a wealthy class, lived the life of an aristocrat, until the Japanese invasion, and then following the Communist takeover of China, fled the mainland to go to Macao, and later Hong Kong. While in Hong Kong, he became an instructor of the then unknown system of Wing Chun Kuen at the Chinese Restaurant Association in 1949. This is a dramatic difference between the real Ip Man, and the movie Ip Man.

The ending fight scene the Japanese General is a fictional account, and Ip Man was never shot after a challenge match, nor fought 10 Japanese karateka and took them all out without breaking a sweat."
hate to tell u this but your close but not there, yip man was off in a wealth family from foshan & they moved to HK when he was 15 he attendant St. Stephen's College

he went back to forshan after finishing school then when the japanese came to china he moved back to HK & yes he can speak english (bruce lee was the only student he had that speak english)

if your wonder how i got all info & if it's right or not, i can tell you that my dad was a student of wong leung & he learn wing chun from him (yip man was my dads si-bak)

i watched the movie with my dad & the 1st thing he said after the movie was that wong leung was too softed, cuz my dad told me that back then if you got beaten real bad by guy using wing chun & you go look for yip man hes gonna tell that it gonna be wong leung

come to think of it i remember my dad tell me that wong leung got in to a fight with bruce lee cuz bruce lee likes to pick fights on the street as well & thats how yip man start to teach him privately (cuz yip man likes ppl that can fight well)

oh just so u know yip chun is the head of the HK wing chun association & f**king Communist throwing a shit load of money on movie productions right now hoping to make china's past look less terrible & all these actors are just kissing communist ass just so the ppl up stairs don't drop shit on the actors ( just look the movie founder of a republic where all the actors cast in it said they were gonna do the movie free of charge how is that not kissing ass)

so why don't u just enjoy the movie as it is (i remember there was a tv show in china & the chinese writers made one chinas most evilest man, the worlds patriotic person in china & the government fired all of there ass after cutting the show off air)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...

Last edited by ae101; 06-06-2010 at 03:56 AM.
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:59 AM   #62
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
so is this movie originally in mandarin or cantonese? i don't like watching dubbed movies
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #63
RS controls my life!

^ canto
ASG111 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2010, 03:42 AM   #64
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
Did you guys know that there's yet another Ip Man movie? Totally unrelated to the first 2, but about the same character. I guess everyone wants to cash in on the guy's name...

Funny thing, Sammo is in this one as well as Ip Man 2 (and another one of my old time favourites, Yuen Biu)

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:43 AM   #65
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Did you guys know that there's yet another Ip Man movie? Totally unrelated to the first 2, but about the same character. I guess everyone wants to cash in on the guy's name...

Funny thing, Sammo is in this one as well as Ip Man 2 (and another one of my old time favourites, Yuen Biu)

Yes back when the first Ip Man movie came out I read that there was another Ip Man movie that was going to be made by somebody else and Yuen Biu is dope!

Actually the movie I heard was being made at the time has Tony Leung in it and after searching there is in fact a 4th Ip Man movie unrelated to the other 3. It's called The Grand Master

http://www.asianmoviepulse.com/2009/...-grand-master/

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"

Last edited by winson604; 06-27-2010 at 06:55 AM.
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:54 AM   #66
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Any working links to ipman 2?
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:53 PM   #67
I came, I saw, I conquered.

Cantonese - http://www.megavideo.com/?v=5KZDCOWG
Mandarin - http://www.megavideo.com/?v=PUCSD2W6
Old 08-29-2010, 11:50 AM   #68
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

Just watched this.. I would say its pretty bad compared to the first two.. The guy playing Ip Man has really douchey expressions and his voice is annoying as fuck.. he talks like a robot, and in all his fight scenes he looks robotic and weak as hell.. doesn't have any intensity or power at all. Did I mention he looks and sounds like a bitch?

Just not the same without Donnie.
bbbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:22 AM   #69
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
I watched it and it was... weird. I thought it was pretty nicely done, the dude had a few moves that were the same as Donnie, this is afterall the "prequel" so him being weak or not as awesome was over looked.

I didn't know Ip Man went to school and can speak english which was weird and man, the girls in the movie was just down right ugly. Couldn't they have found a better looking girl?

What I did like was Ipman's REAL wingchun master to play in the movie, that was actually pretty cool and have him sort of explain why there was a change in wing chun and what the huge ruckus was all about was sort of 'history' worthy to me.

what i really didn't like was the Japanese versus his story line was just totally weak sauce. I really didn't like the ending story line. Oh, they really have to stop using the same people like Samo as someone else cause it's getting me all confused when you see Samo in Ip man 2

All in all, action was 7/10 (which is actually decent compared to all to action movies nowadays in HK). Ip Man 1,2 and most jacky chan movies would be an 8-9 / 10
Story was 7/10
all in all, given the fact we have already seen 2 Ip man already, we all know the prequel would suck but they did pull it off. 7/10. which is really high for a honger movie right now.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:59 AM   #70
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
well the only problem is donnie's movements were wide in a way but he really makes it up by speed

when my dad taught me the basics of wing chun he said that the elbow should always be glued to your ribs/body or at least very close that u can protected it when u go back to defense mode

not sure about yuan biao, but i know it's not gonna be better then donnie for sure & tony leung just isn't cut out to be yip man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #71
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
sorry for bumping thread..but this is hilarious

RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-24-2010, 07:04 AM   #72

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
^^ what movie is this... looks funny... haha

laughing Gor FTW !!! haha
Old 10-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #73

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
^^ what movie is this... looks funny... haha

laughing Gor FTW !!! haha
It's this years Lunar Year comedy movied called "72 Tenants of Prosperity"

Trailer here

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #74
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
finally watched all of ip man 2..... its just a Rocky 4 adaptation -_-
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #75
I'm being watched.

Yeah Ipman 2 wasn't that good compared to the first one.
That 72 Tenants of Prosperity looks hilarious, I think I'm gonna check it out sometime
essel is offline   Reply With Quote