REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 05-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #26
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I kinda agree that saturation is no good. Case in point, Wong fei hung. There r so many crappy movies using his name.
Advertisement

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

so is this movie available on youtube??
Fobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #28
Hyde's Understudy

can someone post the torrent, cant find the canto version
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,967 Times in 290 Posts
watched it online, pretty fucking intense i must say

Link: http://vidreel.com/video/NTk5ODQ3/

UNCE UNCE UNCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
Comparing A&B with deadmau5? Really? I should fucking slap you

2007 Acura TL
2005 Acura TL....RIP
2003 Honda Accord Coupe V6....RIP
tonyvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:44 PM   #30

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
my fav scene is in the first movie,

where he fights the 10 japanese students..

is hand speed is GODLY
Old 05-19-2010, 10:34 PM   #31
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

bought the dvd couple days ago.

Watched it today. Good movie, but I still liked the first one better.
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:42 PM   #32
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

first one was more epic then the second one. Did not enjoy the boxing match.. i thought it was.. odd... reminded me of another movie "true legend". The first one where ipman and 10 black belts fought.. i think that still takes the pie for most epic fight scene ever.
genesis195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:53 PM   #33
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
Ip Man 1 was great. A great introduction to the Wingchun fighting style and the japanese fighting was amazing. Ip Man 2 wasn't bad, it kept up with it's fighting styles, historical settings, costume design... and expanded a bit more on the history / background of Ip Man's life. We have seen all the awesome Wingchun fighting styles so it wasn't much of a surprise this time, wished they could have showed some new movies or at LEAST showed us some fighting or wingchun teaching scenes with his disciples. OH, there were no new fighting styles and damn, the chick who played his wife (Aaron Kwok's gf) literally had like 6 scenes with only 2 lines in the movie.

I thought the part where Ip Man and Samo was really really good. I thought Samo did a really great job and almost almost stole the show. The boxing part wasn't as good as I thought, and to tell you the truth, I'm not even sure if there was a boxer named Twister.
Then again, I doubt people had to fight on a table either.

They made Ip Man like a national hero which I didn't quite get and it made him like a freaking philosopher which I thought was really gay. All in all, same formula, same story line yet I still enjoyed it a lot.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:28 AM   #34

I was really surprise with Samo, given his size, he can still fight and move pretty good.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:13 AM   #35
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
expanded a bit more on the history / background of Ip Man's life.

They made Ip Man like a national hero which I didn't quite get and it made him like a freaking philosopher which I thought was really gay. All in all, same formula, same story line yet I still enjoyed it a lot.
The movies had nothing to do with Ip Man's life. They aren't an adaptation of his story, or a dramatization. They are pure communist propaganda, using his name to make up yet another phony martyr people can identify with.

He was a teacher in China who started a martial arts school in Hong Kong when he fled the communists. Pretty simple story, really. To give you an idea of how 'normal' he is, my wife's dad went to one of his schools at one point. Bruce Lee may or may not have trained with him at one point in his life (and with Bruce Lee stories, there's always about 10% truth with 90% exaggeration )

It sucks too, because so many excellent movies from China and HK are ruined by the need (requirement, really) to pander to the communists (because without that, there's no way your movie will be shown in China to millions of people).

I only hope that people don't fall for the bullshit, and just enjoy the good parts of the movie. And when you do find out it's bullshit, don't get mad at the people who tell you it's bullshit
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:12 AM   #36
RS controls my life!

the wife is aaron kwok's gf? really?

i don't know... she doesn't really seem "hot" and yet sometimes gives me some awkward feelings. must be the bulging eyes...
ASG111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #37
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
they weren't going to use her with her salary requests but she took a pay cut to be in it. (seriously, she didn't act at all)

6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #38
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
The movies had nothing to do with Ip Man's life. They aren't an adaptation of his story, or a dramatization. They are pure communist propaganda, using his name to make up yet another phony martyr people can identify with.

He was a teacher in China who started a martial arts school in Hong Kong when he fled the communists. Pretty simple story, really. To give you an idea of how 'normal' he is, my wife's dad went to one of his schools at one point. Bruce Lee may or may not have trained with him at one point in his life (and with Bruce Lee stories, there's always about 10% truth with 90% exaggeration )

It sucks too, because so many excellent movies from China and HK are ruined by the need (requirement, really) to pander to the communists (because without that, there's no way your movie will be shown in China to millions of people).

I only hope that people don't fall for the bullshit, and just enjoy the good parts of the movie. And when you do find out it's bullshit, don't get mad at the people who tell you it's bullshit
And this is probably why Donnie Yen doesn't want to be involved if there's a part 3.

Where can I find a cantonese version (even better if there's eng subs)?
Not interested in watching online stream though.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #39
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Ip Man 2 was pretty good, especially for a sequel.. although the first one was still better.
Also, use spoiler tags please, especially the OP
Old 05-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #40
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
And this is probably why Donnie Yen doesn't want to be involved if there's a part 3.

Where can I find a cantonese version (even better if there's eng subs)?
Not interested in watching online stream though.
jsut go to parker place, $5 for the dvd
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #41
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Saw it in both the mand and canto version.

Fight scenes: Ip Man > Ip Man 2
Story: tied

Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Saw it in both the mand and canto version.

Fight scenes: Ip Man > Ip Man 2
Story: tied

Spoiler!
the reason why he doesnt want to beat the crap out of them is because thats not how he wants to fight?? the chinese martial arts is not used to punish people... haha at least thats what he keeps saying in the 2 movies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
HOLY COW shes ugly in this pic
Old 05-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #43
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

yea..ip man one was better
2nd one's not as epic
t8v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #44
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

After re-watching Ip Man 1 and Ip Man 2, the differences are way more pronounced

Fighting in Ip Man 1
Master Liu vs Ip Man, Jin vs various masters, Jin vs Ip Man at home, Liu vs Soldiers, 3 vs General, epic Ip Man vs 10, Jin vs Ip Man at factory, Ip Man vs General

Fighting in Ip Man 2

Ip Man vs Wang Liang, Ip Man vs Wang Liang + Friends, Wang Liang vs other student in alley, Ip Man vs fish market people, not-so-epic Ip Man vs 3 masters, students vs students brawl on street, Ip Man vs Master Hung, Master Hung vs Twister, Ip Man vs Twister.

Each fight in Ip Man 1 is reliant on skill. Anybody can get into a brawl on the streets, but not everybody can take on a black belt karate master or 10 karate students at once. In Ip Man 2, only the table fight was skill, everything else was pretty much all strength or numbers
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:35 PM   #45
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
I just finished watching Ip Man 2 yesterday. I'm slightly disappointed only because
(silly me) I expected a sequel to be even better than he original.

In summary, Part 2 had more fights, less story/meaning to it.
It focused more on the action scenes which sells. But I thought fights were just randomly
happening sometimes. Too much brawling.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:28 AM   #46
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

If you did your research, the story is NOT made up. Ip man 1 & 2 is a story retold by Ip Man's son, who is still alive and teaching wing chun in HK.
2nd, all movies are exaggerated. They are made as entertainment, not documentary. go watch some discovery channel if you wana watch no exaggeration.
milkmilk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-26-2010, 03:49 AM   #47
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
It's made up. Ip Man was KMT, he didn't flee the Japanese, he fled the fucking communists that are promoting these movies.

This isn't exaggerated, it's propaganda.

You want to argue with me? Sure go for it. Just get your facts straight first before you try.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:36 AM   #48
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
the first was so much better than the second, deeper story and better fights

only reason the second is worth watching is the sammo and donny fight, they make very good oppositions, like in saat po long
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:52 AM   #49
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
It's made up. Ip Man was KMT, he didn't flee the Japanese, he fled the fucking communists that are promoting these movies.

This isn't exaggerated, it's propaganda.

You want to argue with me? Sure go for it. Just get your facts straight first before you try.
I think people know that it's fictional, and it just uses the names and themes of some real people and places. It's like Enter the Dragon, or Da Vinci Code: Entirely false from a historical standpoint, but still entertaining as a fictional work.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #50
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
The first one was much better. The 2nd felt like a sequel just for the sake of having a sequel.

Reminds me of the matrix. Should've just left it at the first one. I have no doubts that if they made a 3rd, it would be terrible... 'over-saturating' itself!
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote