REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #26
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
so you don't speed in your truck because you would lose your job. You break the law to keep up with the flow of traffic, and it sounds like you're one of those retards that gets in the left lane on the highway and goes 89.99999km/h... good for you
No, I don't speed in the work truck because IT'S THE LAW and breaking the law could get me fired. And you're the one who's the retard (although I would use much stronger words..), let me quote part of my previous message for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
but at least I stay in the right lane except to pass..
If I'm going the speed limit... I'm usually the slowest one out there. Very rarely do I find someone that I need to pass.
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #27
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
If I'm going the speed limit... I'm usually the slowest one out there. Very rarely do I find someone that I need to pass.
That sort of speed differential isn't all that safe either.

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
That sort of speed differential isn't all that safe either.
Says you, the speed demon.

I've never had a speeding ticket, and I've never caused an accident.

If someone else wants to speed past me.. they're more than welcome to. I'm in the right lane, where I belong, obeying the law.

You and all the other leadfoots can go *** yourself!

EDIT: Good luck with your online petition... you won't get it... complete waste of time, like trying to argue you with about obeying the law.... screw it, I'm done with you.

Last edited by jlenko; 05-22-2010 at 10:34 PM.
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:32 AM   #29
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Says you, the speed demon.

I've never had a speeding ticket, and I've never caused an accident.

If someone else wants to speed past me.. they're more than welcome to. I'm in the right lane, where I belong, obeying the law.

You and all the other leadfoots can go fuck yourself!

(Sorry Skidmark for the profanity.. but this guy just doesn't get it..)

EDIT: Good luck with your online petition... you won't get it... complete waste of time, like trying to argue you with about obeying the law.... screw it, I'm done with you.
Name calling is uncalled for. Virtually all of my driving is "go with the flow" and I never show any agression to other road users. I'm hardly a leadfoot and like you I have never had a speeding (or any other ticket or warning) or caused a collision. If you want proof I'd be happy to let Zulutango run my DL# and confirm it for you

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:35 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
Name calling is uncalled for.
You started it "retard"!
Old 05-22-2010, 10:58 PM   #31
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
are you actually going to sit there and tell me that you NEVER EVER break the law? you never speed? you have never rolled through a stop sign, you never accelerated to make a yellow light? come on don't be such a hypocrite.
Yes, I speed, but not to the point that I would get caught. I follow the flow of traffic and if I'm the first car, I keep it around 55km/h. I know I'm still speeding but am less likely to get a ticket. I haven't got a speeding ticket yet and the only time I was stopped for speeding, I got a warning. The only time I ever had to go to court was when the police officer gave me a ticket for tinted windows when my car didn't have it and the officer owned up to it and took care of everything for me in court. Unfortunately, I had to wait over a year cause of people who get caught speeding, whine about it and then clog up the court systems by disputing it even though there are no grounds for the dispute because they do the violation stated on the ticket because they don't want to own up to their mistake.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote