REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 05-24-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Shuswap- houseboats?

Heard about these houseboats on Shuswap. Anyone have experience with them? Only found one review online and it was a pretty scary one too (albeit with a different company than we are looking at).

We are looking to rent from admiral houseboats. Any info would be great.

Basically I don't want to end up on a dirty mouldy house boat for a week.

Thanks!
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Waterways houseboats are probably the best..used em a couple years ago and they were great. I advise u to book em well in advance as the summer peak season books right up early. Especially canada day weekend!
Posted via RS Mobile
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
We also used waterways, they are decent. If ur looking to party get pissed drunk, puke off the side of the boat, this place is perfect. If your looking for 4 star hotel type shit this is probably not
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #4
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Wow, trying to remember which company's boats we were on when we went up there... what an adventure that was! I was roadie-ing for a band that was hired to play a party on one of the beaches at the far end of the lake, for Bust Loose! Vacations - imagine about four dozen house boat' worth of drunken college kids all partying it up on a beach in the middle of nowhere... a hot tub on pontoons... houseboat converted into a floating "corner store"... guys doing driving practice (the golf kind) off the roof of a houseboat out into the lake... and here's us, with the band's gear all crammed onto a houseboat and then setting them up to play on a barge...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
+1 for waterways
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Been houseboating for a few years now, either Twin anchors or waterways...
MASTER_J is offline   Reply With Quote