REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Eat! Vancouver happening soon (https://www.revscene.net/forums/615667-eat-vancouver-happening-soon.html)

Gnomes 05-25-2010 08:21 PM

Eat! Vancouver happening soon

http://www.eat-vancouver.com/

Friday May 28th till Sunday May 30 at the Vancouver convention center. $12 tix online, $15 at the door.

Anyone ever been to this event in the past before? I am tempted but no idea what to expect.

StealthFighter 05-26-2010 08:45 AM

it's alright, you just go on and watch people cook. you gotta pay for tickets/vouchers to sample food and drinks though.

only thing i liked was the beer tasting class(had to pay though) and trying absinthe.

overall though, not really worth it for me.

hamsup 05-26-2010 10:46 AM

A long time ago.. all the vendors sold products at reduced prices and the servings for the tapas sized restaurant food was pretty large for 2 bucks a hit. I am going to pass on this event as previous years erally dissapointed me.

Marioo1991 05-26-2010 10:51 AM

I think its worth checking out if you havent gone before... I went a few years ago, not sure if i would go again...

most of the food you have to purchase tickets for, but there are a number of free samples too..

kitsune 05-28-2010 11:09 PM

Bump..

Just wanted to give a heads up:
Use the promotional code 'VITAMIN' to buy tickets for $10 online.
;)

willystyle 05-28-2010 11:47 PM

Eat! Vancouver is a total ripoff. Most of the vendors there are to make money from this event, not to showcase their culture and restaurant's food. For the price and portion that you pay, It's actually quite overpriced.

Gnomes 05-29-2010 04:05 PM

The main thing I wanted was to sample different food, try out new stuff I never had before. I wasnt disappointed. I came in at 11am, was not busy. Went to a seminar on cheese -different cheeses were introduced and sampled 6 types. Moved onto the different vendors. Did not buy but ate a lot of their samples. By 1pm rolled around, it started to get very busy. The main food area, Bite of Vancouver (BoV) started to be super busy with lineups.

BoV had small tapas as mentioned above. Redeem 5 tickets for their item was the norm. Tickets are sold near the entrance - $10 for 20 tickets. Some small vendor offer samples for these tickets but can be bought using cash - 50 cents for each ticket worth.

K-Dub 06-09-2011 02:15 PM

Eat! Vancouver happening again this Fri-Sat-Sun.

I'll be there Friday, anyone else?

Senna4ever 06-09-2011 05:48 PM

It was a complete waste of time & money.

icemiko 06-10-2011 11:12 AM

Worth it to go this year? I was thinking about going on Sunday, have never been to it before though.

Senna4ever 06-10-2011 11:27 AM

I think it's great for the general public, but if you're in the restaurant industry experienced in the food prep side, then it's not worth going.
Posted via RS Mobile

Death2Theft 06-10-2011 11:38 AM

When the vendors decided to make money on the event instead of allowing the public to sample their food for cheap.... thats when it turned to crap.

ImportXxX 06-10-2011 11:49 AM

go if you haven't gone, but there's nothing special that you have not seen in vancouver. It's just a variety of food that you probably seen or eaten all over lower mainland restaurants anyways with the vast of multicultural food we have here. It might have change a bit since i've gone last time, but not worth it for me, portions are too small for the price you pay.

good place to take your date if you're going on one though.

willystyle 06-10-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImportXxX (Post 7467091)
go if you haven't gone, but there's nothing special that you have not seen in vancouver. It's just a variety of food that you probably seen or eaten all over lower mainland restaurants anyways with the vast of multicultural food we have here. It might have change a bit since i've gone last time, but not worth it for me, portions are too small for the price you pay.

good place to take your date if you're going on one though.

I remember spending $50 on ticket vouchers with my date, walking out of there with an empty stomach thinking that it was the biggest ripoff. lol

Culture_Vulture 06-10-2011 03:38 PM

I agree with the above...it's really nothing fascinating. A decent way to spend an afternoon but it's a one time thing...kind of like science world.
And from more recent reviews it seems to have gone downhill.

Cereal Killer 06-12-2011 12:42 AM

First time checking out the event today. Like others have said, nothing really stands out but it was a good way to pass the time and to sample various food items. Tickets for food can be bought at a rate of $10 for 20 tix.

ilvtofu 06-12-2011 11:58 AM

If anyone wants to go I have 2 entrance tix, I'm not feeling so well :/

K-Dub 06-12-2011 04:11 PM

Y'all paid? :troll: