REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Kids running around alone in the streets (https://www.revscene.net/forums/615696-kids-running-around-alone-streets.html)

yamahar6 05-26-2010 12:38 AM

Kids running around alone in the streets

Hey guys, just a quick question, I live in a busy inner street and everyday there are many kids some under 3 years old roaming around alone, Every time I back out of my driveway slowly I end up slamming my brakes because of some kids running behind my car without looking. I have talked to the neighbors about there kids and they just ignore it. Well, yesterday was my last straw, I hear some noise and look out my window I see a child couldn't have been more then 2 years old, knocking on the lower window in the front of the house yelling "mommy" the light then turns on and the mother comes out and picks up her kid and says "how did you get out here". Can I call the police regarding all these kids roaming around on the roads with there power wheels without any guardians around?:flamemad::flamemad:

ws6ta 05-26-2010 02:28 AM

what did the police say? the neighbour's kid was going to get backed onto by my other neighbour yesterday if I hadn't of been going hope at that very second!! she's like 3 years old. i took her back to their house and the parents were just like oh what the hell i thought she was sleeping. how does a 3 year old kid leave the house and you don't realize :confused:

skidmark 05-26-2010 12:10 PM

Wait until you have kids of your own before you criticize too harshly. They can "get away" really easily on you. It's the attitude after the fact that is more important. If it is one of relief, you know it is a parent that cares. If not, well...you might have better luck with the ministry of child and family services than with the police.

Phil@rise 05-26-2010 01:18 PM

contact the police and child services that's unacceptable.

sho_bc 05-26-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidmark (Post 6966145)
Wait until you have kids of your own before you criticize too harshly. They can "get away" really easily on you. It's the attitude after the fact that is more important. If it is one of relief, you know it is a parent that cares. If not, well...you might have better luck with the ministry of child and family services than with the police.

Exactly this. There isn't too much we can do ourselves, and we'd end up passing the information on to the Ministry ourselves.

slammer111 05-26-2010 02:29 PM

Hate to say it, but some people aren't going to learn until one of their kids does get squished.

Not much you can do though, other than to use your mirrors a bit more often. :)

Phil@rise 05-26-2010 04:56 PM

"Wait until you have kids of your own before you criticize too harshly. They can "get away" really easily on you."

I got a kid and she didn't get away from me and for a long time when she was real young it was only me looking out for her.
A responsible caring parent has many tools at their disposal to keep their kids under control and accounted for.

Gumby 05-27-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidmark (Post 6966145)

If they're "getting away" on a regular basis, then there's something the parents need to change!

seekerbeta 05-28-2010 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 6966541)
"Wait until you have kids of your own before you criticize too harshly. They can "get away" really easily on you."

I got a kid and she didn't get away from me and for a long time when she was real young it was only me looking out for her.
A responsible caring parent has many tools at their disposal to keep their kids under control and accounted for.

Leashes work really well :P

Inaii 05-28-2010 07:32 AM

Imo that's a bullshit excuse. I'm not a parent, and therefore have LIMITED experience with children, but when I babysat my friend's 3 year old, she NEVER got outside the house. These parents need to pay more attention to their surroundings if their children are getting outside by themselves, end of story.

Phil@rise 05-29-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seekerbeta (Post 6968643)
Leashes work really well :P

I would never put a leash on a child. Leashes are for dogs and it saddens me everytime I see a parent getting lead around by their child on a leash

dinamix 05-29-2010 01:36 PM

where do you live? Indian reserve? Surrey?

hchang 05-31-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 6970040)
I would never put a leash on a child. Leashes are for dogs and it saddens me everytime I see a parent getting lead around by their child on a leash

I completely agree with you.

Leashes are something for pets, and if a parent cant keep control of their own kid then they need to reconsider their parenting skills. Kids are human beings, and putting a leash on them seems really degrading. Everytime I see a parent with their kid on a leash it kind of pisses me off inside.

freakshow 06-03-2010 10:23 AM

haha.. you guys make me laugh.

hchang, stop posting, it's obvious that you don't have a kid.

Phil@Rise, as a parent, i'm sure you're well aware of the difficulties of raising a child. Having seen my sister raise a BOY as a single parent, try not to be so quick to judge the parenting skills of others. MANY factors contribute to which tools you need to use to raise a child.

GLOW 06-06-2010 09:18 AM

if i were you i'd back in your car next time so you can drive out head first. even though these parents should be looking after their kids, you still wouldnt want these kid's health on your conscience if you accidentally bumped them w/ your car.

Cillu 06-11-2010 12:54 AM

Rev your car loud enough so they get scared and run away.

c32 06-11-2010 01:12 AM

^ exactly what i was thinking...

Start reving ur engine super loud, do a burnout maybe, when u drive by them rip the living crap out of ur car... make sure u pull out of the drive way super fast... they will be scared... just make sure u dont crash or else they will jus laugh at u.. do this at ur own risk.. just make them think ur a crazy maniac and im sure they wont screw wit u anymore.. h ell even if the parents see this they will prob tell them to stay away from the streets

CRS 06-11-2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cillu (Post 6987130)
Rev your car loud enough so they get scared and run away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phucmang (Post 6987146)
^ exactly what i was thinking...

Start reving ur engine super loud, do a burnout maybe, when u drive by them rip the living crap out of ur car... make sure u pull out of the drive way super fast... they will be scared... just make sure u dont crash or else they will jus laugh at u.. do this at ur own risk.. just make them think ur a crazy maniac and im sure they wont screw wit u anymore.. h ell even if the parents see this they will prob tell them to stay away from the streets

Yeah, do this if you're both retarded and delusional.

See how the cops feel when their parents call them out.

Subsequently, see how the judge feels at your hearing.

jpark 06-11-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6987349)
Yeah, do this if you're both retarded and delusional.

See how the cops feel when their parents call them out.

Subsequently, see how the judge feels at your hearing.

+1