REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:04 AM   #26
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I was driving my dad's BMW 5 series at the time as I don't have my own car... Don't really need one since I'll be living around UBC once school starts anyway. AND I don't plan on disputing and risking for a excessive speed ticket as the officer mentioned.

I didn't know they could revoke ANY license once you got it...?
Advertisement
mkchoi0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:34 AM   #27
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkchoi0801 View Post
I was driving my dad's BMW 5 series at the time as I don't have my own car... Don't really need one since I'll be living around UBC once school starts anyway. AND I don't plan on disputing and risking for a excessive speed ticket as the officer mentioned.

I didn't know they could revoke ANY license once you got it...?
They don't really revoke anything. They just suspend and prohibit from driving for 'X' amount of time.

If you get your class 5, you'll keep your class 5.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:39 PM   #28
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
I've got 2 tickets equaling to 10 points. I disputed both tickets and I'll be taking my class 5 this August.

ICBC told me that while the tickets are in dispute, they are 'on hold' meaning that you don't have to pay them until considered guilty by the court. Which means that you can still take your class 5
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #29

wow, that must be like $600 in tickets and another $1000? ish on DPP....
ICBC is a money grabbing scum.
Good luck to you on your class 5 tho
Old 05-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #30
CRS

Quote:
wow, that must be like $600 in tickets and another $1000? ish on DPP....
ICBC is a money grabbing scum.
Good luck to you on your class 5 tho
It is hardly money grabbing scum when you are committing the crime.

What kind of punishment were you looking to get?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 05-29-2010, 07:00 PM   #31
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Perhaps he'd prefer jail time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #32

What kind of punishment was I looking to get?
A ticket.

Not some point system that sucks out money.

Last edited by mkchoi0801; 05-29-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #33
CRS

I read through all your edits. The two that you did were both equally stupid with baseless arguments. This is your third edit.

If that is really your argument then you really need to reaccess who you are as a member of society.

I'm personally fine with the whole points system. Do you know why? Because I don't get tickets that push me to the DRP. I don't run red lights and I don't do it while excessively speeding.

How else are the rest of us suppose to get reckless drivers off the road? ICBC is smart at hitting you guys were it hurts. Your pockets because clearly you don't care about other people who may be around when you knowingly commit to these reckless acts.

I think I have been more than accommodating here. I have answered all your questions as well as the questions as others. It is time for you to either man up and accept the consequences or continue to whine and show the rest of us how much of a little girl you are.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 05-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #34

lol I didn't want to be too offensive to the people that spent their time to help me out.

I regret that I should have waited for the red light to switch,
and I still think it was a low move for the officer to tailgate me and see if I would do something more stupid.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #35

Numerous times, I mentioned that I will dispute the ticket ONLY to delay the court date. I will pay the full fine.
I don't get where this, Man up and stop acting like a girl, comes from
and it seems to be a frequent trend around here as well.

The thread would have died if not that other guy called me out for running a red light as if I was inches away from T-boning an innocent driver.
I defended myself by saying that it was 1:30 AM and no one was outside in such a small neighborhood.

I find myself extremely unfortunate that my license will most likely be suspended for one small mistake. Is that such a 'girly' statement?
Old 05-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #36
CRS

Constantly complaining about the system is being 'girly'.If you think the system is so flawed, go do something about it. We all play by the same rules here. Stop playing the "woe is me" card because you will not get no sympathy.

It is hardly a "small mistake" when you run a red light while excessively speeding regardless of the cop "tailgaiting you".

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 05-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #37
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
lol I didn't want to be too offensive to the people that spent their time to help me out.

I regret that I should have waited for the red light to switch,
and I still think it was a low move for the officer to tailgate me and see if I would do something more stupid.
It's usually the stupid kids driving mommy or daddy's BMW 5 series with an N sign on the back (like you) that get more attention from the cops. Drivers like you shouldn't be allowed on the road. Running a red is running a red regardless of time and the number of cars on the road.
Mizter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #38

How does driving my dad's beamer make me any worse of a driver?
He's in Korea atm and I was allowed to drive his car since I don't have one / don't need one.

Ignorant people like you shouldn't breathe in valuable air and set foot on this already tight space.

I already admitted I made a mistake of running red. The time and number of car excuse was simply saying I wasn't inches away from t-boning a car. I already admitted I made a mistake of running red. The time and number of car excuse was simply saying I wasn't inches away from t-boning a car. Copy and paste for those who only read parts of the post.

And none of us should blame anyone for speeding. You are all liars if you haven't sped before and you know it. I was trying to say, I'm one of many that was unlucky to get caught doing so, but I admit it was my wrong.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:21 PM   #39
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
How does driving my dad's beamer make me any worse of a driver?
He's in Korea atm and I was allowed to drive his car since I don't have one / don't need one.

Ignorant people like you shouldn't breathe in valuable air and set foot on this already tight space.

I already admitted I made a mistake of running red. The time and number of car excuse was simply saying I wasn't inches away from t-boning a car. I already admitted I made a mistake of running red. The time and number of car excuse was simply saying I wasn't inches away from t-boning a car. Copy and paste for those who only read parts of the post.

And none of us should blame anyone for speeding. You are all liars if you haven't sped before and you know it. I was trying to say, I'm one of many that was unlucky to get caught doing so, but I admit it was my wrong.
Maybe you should re-read what I wrote because you are the one ignorant one here. I said that cops would pay more attention to N drivers especially ones that drive fast cars. I never said that made you any worse of a driver, that's what you said.

So not being inches away from t-boning are car means that its okay to run a red? If not, then I don't see why you keep bringing that issue up. The law is there for a reason. Perhaps an idiotic person like yourself should follow them because you are the true waste of space on this already crowded world.

Yes, people speed but responsible drivers speed to keep up with the traffic around them.
Mizter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #40

"It's usually the stupid kids driving mommy or daddy's BMW 5 series"
Calling someone stupid because I get to drive my dad's nice car. Yup.

"Yes, people speed but responsible drivers speed to keep up with the traffic around them"
That is still breaking the law, how are they different from me? (excluding the fact that I ran a red light lol)

I won't reply here anymore, because I didn't come here to pick a fight. Thanks again to those that replied esp. CRS. Night.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:49 AM   #41
Banned (ABWS)

mkchoi0801. used and abused revscene.
newbie account with 16posts and so revscene is so helpful to this guy.

mkchoi0801: relax. u ain't dying. damn kids these days
fishing666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:35 AM   #42

One last comment,

Yah, because some people have been SO helpful,

I came for answers and suggestions, you don't think I already learned my lesson here already? I'm devastated by the ticket, and this will help me in the long run. I didn't come here so others can swear at me for something I didn't do, or call me stupid, because my dad owns a beamer.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:26 AM   #43
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Will mkchoi0801 really drop it now??

Or will he continue to defend himself to an uncaring Revscene until he becomes the next Bradford Chow??

Stay tuned for our next episode! :noob:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:22 AM   #44
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Will mkchoi0801 really drop it now??

Or will he continue to defend himself to an uncaring Revscene until he becomes the next Bradford Chow??

Stay tuned for our next episode! :noob:

That's a pretty far stretch.

Regardless, I believe mkchoi0801 is sincere about paying the tickets as soon as he gets his class 5. You have to place a little faith in humanity to do the right decision.

Anyways, good luck, mkchoi0801. I hope your stay at RS isn't as short as just some quick answers + suggestions.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 05-31-2010, 01:36 AM   #45
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

I've been in your situation.
Was N
had 1 prior ticket
got a 2nd one like 2month before a class 5 Test.
disputed the 2nd ticket,
took the class 5, Passed.
got a court date for the ticket
plead guilty and paid the ticket

Result: no suspensions + time to pay the ticket
simsimi1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:53 AM   #46
My homepage has been set to RS

Are you not able to treat a red light that doesn't switch for a long time in the middle of the night similar to a stop sign? or is that only motorcycles? or am I just crazy?
Posted via RS Mobile
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:42 AM   #47
nma
#RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
I read through all your edits. The two that you did were both equally stupid with baseless arguments. This is your third edit.

If that is really your argument then you really need to reaccess who you are as a member of society.

I'm personally fine with the whole points system. Do you know why? Because I don't get tickets that push me to the DRP. I don't run red lights and I don't do it while excessively speeding.

How else are the rest of us suppose to get reckless drivers off the road? ICBC is smart at hitting you guys were it hurts. Your pockets because clearly you don't care about other people who may be around when you knowingly commit to these reckless acts.

I think I have been more than accommodating here. I have answered all your questions as well as the questions as others. It is time for you to either man up and accept the consequences or continue to whine and show the rest of us how much of a little girl you are.
Yes I'm sure you never ever speed and always obey the rules of the road. Just because you don't get tickets doesn't mean you're an excellent driver. I've seen the worst drivers in the world drive 45 km/h. You can get pulled over for going 70 in a 50 which I'm sure most of us do, or 100+ on a highway. Stop acting like Mr. Perfect; just because you're lucky to avoid being caught doesn't mean everyone else drives recklessly and deserves to get butt raped by ICBC (not referring to OP just general view on ICBC point system)
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:47 AM   #48
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax View Post
Are you not able to treat a red light that doesn't switch for a long time in the middle of the night similar to a stop sign? or is that only motorcycles? or am I just crazy?
Posted via RS Mobile
You're "just crazy". A red light is a red light, no matter the time of day or night.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:46 AM   #49
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma View Post
Yes I'm sure you never ever speed and always obey the rules of the road. Just because you don't get tickets doesn't mean you're an excellent driver. I've seen the worst drivers in the world drive 45 km/h. You can get pulled over for going 70 in a 50 which I'm sure most of us do, or 100+ on a highway. Stop acting like Mr. Perfect; just because you're lucky to avoid being caught doesn't mean everyone else drives recklessly and deserves to get butt raped by ICBC (not referring to OP just general view on ICBC point system)
I would hardly consider it luck. With that being said, I almost always go with the flow of traffic which cruises at about 55-60km/hr.

Do I get pulled over? No. Can they pull me over? Yes.

No cop in Canada will pull you over for going 10km (or less) over the speed limit. I have NEVER seen a cop pull anyone over unless they caught the cop's attention by doing something stupid.

Perhaps you should stop sucking at driving and not get any tickets? Or perhaps just get a little more observant to figure out what I said above.

With all that said, am I am excellent driver? I think I'm alright. I'm by no means a professional driver but I have multiple licenses to atleast show I qualify. What about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
You're "just crazy". A red light is a red light, no matter the time of day or night.
Unless it is a flashing red light!

Hellllooooo 4 way stop! Or most likely a four way stop... Provided it is an intersection is that is flashing four red lights...

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 05-31-2010, 09:19 AM   #50
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
I would hardly consider it luck. With that being said, I almost always go with the flow of traffic which cruises at about 55-60km/hr.

Do I get pulled over? No. Can they pull me over? Yes.

No cop in Canada will pull you over for going 10km (or less) over the speed limit. I have NEVER seen a cop pull anyone over unless they caught the cop's attention by doing something stupid.
I've been pulled over and ticketed for supposedly going 65km/h even though the cop literally eyeballed my speed from the opposite direction of traffic. He then proceeded to accuse me of being drunk on a Wednesday evening and made me do a breathalyzer test which I obviously passed. Wish I kept the ticket where he wrote down the speed but this was about 2 years ago.

And yes, the whole ICBC points system is a money grabbing scheme. 2 speeding tickets and you're out ~$500 getting double fined for the offence and the DPP. I've never gotten enough DPP to pay but when cops are willing to ticket for anything between 60-70km/h or 100 on a highway, it's pretty obvious. Hell, if I were still in high school with my N and got a speeding ticket at the minimum fine and another ticket for carrying an extra passenger 9, 10 months later, I'd be screwed. The ticket itself should be enough of a punishment/deterrence. ICBC's DPP is just unnecessarily harsh and shouldn't apply to minor offences like speeding under 20km/h over the limit or driving more than one passenger with an N.
Vinny G is offline   Reply With Quote