REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   Where to buy furnitures? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/615903-where-buy-furnitures.html)

Pumbaa 05-27-2010 11:54 PM

Where to buy furnitures?

Hi, I recently purchase a townhouse, and I am looking for a bunch of furnitures (something more modern and reasonably price).
So far I like Mobler furniture, they got some great collections but a bit pricey. This is also the only shop with modern style that I've been to. Please refer to other furniture shops with similiar style? greatly appreciated !

SuperAman 05-27-2010 11:58 PM

The Brick, United Furniture Warehouse, Ikea, JR

Pumbaa 05-28-2010 11:23 AM

I havent check out JR yet, I will take a look.
Thanks

aznrsx1979 05-28-2010 12:17 PM

Jysk, Canadian Tire, Inspiration Interiors, Urban Barn, Sandy's Furniture. Just go to Coquitlam and go on United Boulevard, there's many stores there.

hamsup 05-28-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumbaa (Post 6968889)
I havent check out JR yet, I will take a look.
Thanks

Moblers is really well priced when you shop for furniture. I bought a few single sofas from them.

Do not go to Mega Deal furniture in richmond. I had a huge problem with customer service and delivery.

Home delight has some really nice peices but are pretty expensive.

Scan Design is alot like home delight.. very nice things.

What exactly are you looking for? I guess it depends what you are looking for. I didn't find much at Ikea.

Marioo1991 05-28-2010 12:25 PM

I would recommend going to nicer places like once a tree furniture, Inspiration, mobler for the key pieces such as sofa, etc.. and going to more inexpensive places like JR, Ikea, Jysk for the small pieces like side tables, bar stools..

I'd recommend sofaworks on united boulevard in coquitlam for a couch. i'ts a bit more than your average, but I had mine custom made from there a couple years ago and it turned out really well. Still looks/feels the same as when we bought it, Ive seen a lot of friends who cheaped on their couch and within a couple years it looks/feels like crap

SilveRx 05-28-2010 12:30 PM

U can check this new place it's on #3 road beside pj pet, I was there the other day and it's kinda like
contemporary style and they having promotion right now, most stuff half price...
Posted via RS Mobile

josel_atr 05-28-2010 12:33 PM

the brick in surrey.

we bought a 2 piece leather sectional and a decent 40 inch samsung lcd tv for just over 1500+tax. we dealt with a sales guy (cant remember his name) and the store manager - they were pretty cool. i would definately recommend them. i think the "tent sale" is still on so go check them out!

v.Rossi 05-28-2010 01:35 PM

Tired of paying retail?
Buy direct!

As seen on TV!

sorry just saw that ad lol it seemed to answer the question, but seriously i would recommend the brick. try looking on craigslist for furniture, there's some companies that post 3 set couchs for a good price. brand new of course, who would want to buy a used LOVE seat.

JRseems overpriced, their products aren't great nor look great either. United furniture beats them, but i still think the brick is best.

Marioo1991 05-28-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coupeziRL (Post 6969056)
JRseems overpriced, their products aren't great nor look great either. United furniture beats them, but i still think the brick is best.

I bought my dining table/6 chairs for $300 from them... I thought paying that little I would have broken some of the chairs, but to this day its still in great condition

v.Rossi 05-28-2010 01:57 PM

nice what a steal for that whole package, was it the one on grandview hwy near renfrew next to the mcdonalds?

Marioo1991 05-28-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coupeziRL (Post 6969084)
nice what a steal for that whole package, was it the one on grandview hwy near renfrew next to the mcdonalds?

yah it was.. table is pretty solid too.. I havent really bought a lot from there so I'm not really sure how well their stuff is priced..

it was the one in richmond on bridgeport.. i'm sure they would have had something similar at another location though.

SuperAman 05-29-2010 12:49 AM

just scoped out the brick's tent sale at coquitlam, got some decent deals. I picked up a bonded leather sofa set - 3 pieces for 1000 bucks all inclusive. Not bad I guess for leather.

FerrariEnzo 05-29-2010 10:41 AM

IKEA, i love ikea... most of my furniture is from ikea.. plus the $1 breakfast rocks

racerman88 06-02-2010 08:29 PM

NOOD

buddy 06-03-2010 11:06 AM

^ second that

Cillu 06-03-2010 09:55 PM

The free section on craigslist!

gabi 06-03-2010 09:57 PM

costco.ca