REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:32 AM   #26
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I guess I'm one of the rare people that never drink coffee on a weekday. I may have a cup here or there on the weekend if I'm eating timmy's but I don't depend on it like others.

hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:07 AM   #27
Banned (BBM)

What about black coffee with brown sugar?
kokanee_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #28
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/10202553.stm

An interesting read. I try to drink coffee almost everyday or at least once a week, but I usually just forget. A shame I'm one of the people who is immune to coffee and its effect. Good or bad, drinking four or five cups per day is safe and could be beneficial.
way2quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #29
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by way2quik View Post
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/10202553.stm

An interesting read. I try to drink coffee almost everyday or at least once a week, but I usually just forget. A shame I'm one of the people who is immune to coffee and its effect. Good or bad, drinking four or five cups per day is safe and could be beneficial.
Quote:
He recommended more research, adding: "Coffee when consumed in moderation, four to five cups per day, is safe and may confer certain health benefits, including contributing to your daily fluid intake."
C affine is a diuretic. Unless he's making the bold assumption that people who drink coffee, pee a lot, and thus drink more water...all I gotta say to this guy is
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:34 PM   #30
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaru View Post
Of all the vices you could possible choose, coffee is probably one of the least harmful. Everything I have read suggests that a cup or two every day will have no negative health effects. If you enjoy it, and if it keeps you awake and more productive, then why not indulge? Just don't drink it within 6 hours of bedtime if you have any trouble sleeping (ie. last cup of the day should be no later than mid-afternoon).

Contrary to popular belief, btw, coffee itself does not dehydrate you (nor does diet soda, for that matter). Caffeine is a diuretic, so it makes you pee more... but coffee is also 99% water, so the diuretic affect is mostly offset by the water intake. Of course I'm not suggesting it is a replacement for water, but it is mostly sodium-free and won't actively dehydrate you the way alcohol or a sodium-filled snack would. Still, plenty of water is always a good plan.

When I drink coffee, I have found that homo milk is sufficient in place of cream, while anything with less fat (ie. 2% milk or lower) is too watery. Frankly, I find it hilarious when people use skim or low-fat milk in their coffee for weight loss reasons. When you're talking about a couple of tablespoons of milk, the difference between homo and skim is miniscule. It's hardly worth ruining your daily coffee just to avoid a half gram of fat. (Usually, the people that put skim milk in their coffee because it's "fat-free" are the same people whose "afternoon snack" includes thick slices of cheese and sodium-packed table crackers. Pretty laughable how ignorant most people are when it comes to fat/calorie content.)

Anyway, I digress... when it comes to my daily coffee(s), I've long since cut out sugar... mostly because I can't taste the difference. Most people can't.

In fact, if you know someone who swears they need sugar in their coffee to enjoy it, challenge them to a taste test: Ask them to leave the room while you pour two small cups of coffee from the same pot. Add identical amounts of cream to each cup, but don't put any sugar in either cup. When the person returns to the room, tell them one cup has sugar in it and the other does not. Ask them to take a sip of both and identify the one that contains sugar. I guarantee you they'll choose one of the cups and claim - with great certainty - that it's the one with sugar in it. They'll feel like a moron when you tell them neither cup contains sugar, and probably won't ever put sugar in their coffee again...
i usually get a double double from timmys and today just got 2 creams and it tasted fine without the sugar

Last edited by sunny_j; 06-06-2010 at 10:42 AM.
sunny_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:23 PM   #31
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

http://www.theness.com/neurologicablog/?p=2023

It appears that caffeine doesn't make anyone more alert or energetic than they normally would be. Though, if you've developed a dependency, each precious drop does stave off the numerous ill effects of withdrawal.
SkippyLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:54 PM   #32
My homepage has been set to RS

^ you mean regular caffeine use.. i'm still jumping off the wall from the two coffees i had earlier
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:56 AM   #33
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
I dunno.. I love coffee.
And sometimes I just drink it because I need something warm in the morning,
and coffee does it.

I find it nearly impossible to get 8 hrs of sleep.
I just find it a waste of time to sleep that long.
I can't get as much done each day if I allocated that much time for sleep.

I use quite a bit of sugar in my coffee. I never had to worry
about my weight since I'm underweight and my metabolism is insane,
in a bad way.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #34
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
That is just wrong
You need to rest and repair you mind and body with sleep
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #35
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
I dunno.. I love coffee.
And sometimes I just drink it because I need something warm in the morning,
and coffee does it.

I use quite a bit of sugar in my coffee. I never had to worry
about my weight since I'm underweight and my metabolism is insane,
in a bad way.
how much coffee do you drink?

If you're finding it impossible to get 8 hrs of sleep and having an insane metabolism, maybe you're drinking too much
Marioo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote