REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 06-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

okanagan/osoyoos

Need to start planning for a 4 day trip to okanagan or osoyoos.
Has anyone been there before or have recommendations on which one to go and type of activities?
Advertisement
xxxrsxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

m going osoyoos in 2 weeks time. tell u more when i come back! lol...

anyway, u can research more on google earth and www.destinationosoyoos.com

Hope the second part helps!
milkmilk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

http://www.osoyoosbc.com/
milkmilk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Not a lot to do in Osoyoos but it is a relaxing time. We went for about a week last year, my dads friend hooked us up with a free 2 bedroom condo overlooking the lake so I can't really complain as the price was right. My son had a blast, spent the days relaxing on the beach. He still talks about it and wants to go back. There are lots of wineries around there if your into that. There is a model train museum, kind of lame but again my kid liked it.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
I went to Penticton with my gf last summer to visit a friend who moved there after his first visit. (He went with his family for vacation, loved the place and decided to stay there)...

very relaxing place... and u-pick cherry was AWESOME!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

are there any places i should stop and sightsee or do whatever on the way to osoyoos??
talula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^ Not sure what you're into but a few places off the top of my head are the Hope Landslide, Manning Park, Spotted Lake right before Osoyoos. I wouldn't stop because I've seen them so many times but its cool to check out if you've never seen those places. You could stop at those stands in Keremeos they usually have fresh fruit and vegetables.
PavelGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #8
I bringith the lowerballerith

osoyoos is pretty limited, nice small place. There little adventure park is pretty fun esp the go karts.
watch out for the locals though. I got jumped 4 years ago there with a knife by 15 guys
all for just walking and talking to two girls that came up and started talking to me and my friend.

1992 Black Acura Integra GS-R #470
kookoobird88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:19 PM   #9
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoobird88 View Post
osoyoos is pretty limited, nice small place. There little adventure park is pretty fun esp the go karts.
watch out for the locals though. I got jumped 4 years ago there with a knife by 15 guys
all for just walking and talking to two girls that came up and started talking to me and my friend.
I had the same thing happen to me and my buddy... We were talking to some girls and a group of guys came up and wanted to fight us. We managed to talk our way out of it..

Osooyos is good if you are going with a family...
Penticton and Kelowna is better if you are looking at having a good time with the boys. Lots of girls and way more to do.