REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 06-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #26
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
What does Burgoo have to do with sushi?

I think you meant to reply to this thread
Advertisement

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #27
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Just went last night with the gf, got there around 7:45 around 45 minute wait for us, reasonable on a saturday night, kinda wished there was somewhere to sit while I waited,

but more importantly food and service, service was very attentive as they were just standing around and not too busy. I ordered a lot of food and for the first time ever had a server tell me I ordered a little too much food for two people! LOL, after she told me that i went and ordered an order of prawn fry (thinner/crustier version of tempura)

Chicken Karaage was pretty good, takoyaki nothing amazing presentation was great though, Didn't like the sashimi salad, overpowered by onions and expensive.

Had a few rolls kaipan roll, caterpillar roll, omelette roll, and had the assorted nigiri sushi. Rolls weren't anything special, prefer the taste of toshi's rolls to these and i found the soy sauce very salty, but may have just been me as GF said there wasn't anything wrong and I said the same thing at shabusen the night before.

Overall I liked the sashimi and cooked food, but would prefer more flavourful rolls

8/10

Oh yeah dinner came to $64 including tips, LOL! I managed to finish everything though should've definitely dragged a 3rd person along

EDIT: Forgot to mention my plating didn't look as great as the pics kdub posted, still had that candle though which burnt out in 10 minutes...
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #28
Director of RS Cares

^i actually quite enjoyed the sashimi salad. It was super fresh, a nice mix of every ingredient and thought it was quite plentiful for the price. Hapa and guu's sashimi salad is. Great too but from what I remember you get less for the same (maybe a bit more) for the price.
Posted via RS Mobile
miss_crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I am no sushi/Japanese food connesieur, however, from my (limited) understanding is that the pink ginger is typically the bulk stuff you get out of Thailand and is not fresh.

The yellow ginger (again, due to my limited understanding) is generally made fresh and in-house. That being said, if a place is going to serve the yellow ginger, it generally suggests that a level of quality is maintained in regards to the food they serve.

Somebody who is more knowledgable on the topic of Japanese/Sushi will correct me.
i agree, yellow ginger is usually served at better quality japanese restaurants. They give a better ginger zingy spicyness. Pink ginger are made with color dye and preservatives and taste sweeter(what i heard from someone who worked at sushi place)
Old 06-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #30
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

K-Dub is correcto - I do likes the Zipangs
they're japanese, they serve japenese food, the food is good, and they're closeby

Spicy Cactus roll is very good, basically a spicy california roll with sesame seeds
With the 'Takoyaki' theres also 4 different kinds compared to the usual octopus
I also had pumpkin ball here but they dont always have it
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

True that -> "soy sauce very salty"

I ordered take out twice from Zipang
Fishes were fresh & sushis were great.
Japanese Chefs & Servers
Highly recommended.

I found Zipang from yelp Vancouver website, read some good reviews and then decided to try them out. Didn't disappoint Me ~!