REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:35 PM   #26
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I use cooper vision encore 100, I've used them since I started wearing contacts which has been for about 15 years. Never had a problem with them

Last edited by hotjoint; 07-17-2010 at 12:09 PM.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

Are contacts worse/better/neutral better than glasses?
jhxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #28
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
where's the cheapest place you guys are getting your Oyasis from? the best place i got from asking around was 4 packs for $120 (6 months)
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:46 PM   #29
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
^ predictably... Hong Kong. I'll ask my mom about the price when I get the chance (she bought them for me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhxb View Post
Are contacts worse/better/neutral better than glasses?
I'd say it really depends on what kind of situation you are in.
If you are working outdoors all day, wear glasses - contacts suck up a lot of moisture from your eyes, and working outdoors really isn't what you want

But since contact lenses cause a slight "compression" in the eyeball, it actually helps reduce the likeliness of your nearsight getting worse (at least in my case, where I wore them and my nearsight didn't increase for 2 years, then I stopped wearing them, and it shot up at a rate of 25/year again)

Again, it really depends, so my suggestion to you would be to do a mix of glasses and contacts (ie: certain days you wear contacts etc...)
Old 07-17-2010, 03:35 AM   #30
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
After numerous contact lens fitments at the optometrist, I finally found contacts that fit me.... i.e. won't distort vision and don't feel like I've got a couple grains of sand on my eyeballs.

Since I have astigmatism, I need Toric lenses, but they all felt like sandpaper, so I used non-Toric Acuvue 2 lenses for a while, which are VERY COMFY. However, they kinda magnified my vision a little bit (nickels looked like quarters) so I only used them for sports where details don't matter.

Now I'm on Toric Cooper Vision dailies and they are perfect.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:44 AM   #31
d1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
where's the cheapest place you guys are getting your Oyasis from? the best place i got from asking around was 4 packs for $120 (6 months)
contactlensking has them for $23/box (USD I think), however with shipping they'll probably end up not being too much less. You could always price match it.
d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:10 PM   #32
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
After numerous contact lens fitments at the optometrist, I finally found contacts that fit me.... i.e. won't distort vision and don't feel like I've got a couple grains of sand on my eyeballs.

Since I have astigmatism, I need Toric lenses, but they all felt like sandpaper, so I used non-Toric Acuvue 2 lenses for a while, which are VERY COMFY. However, they kinda magnified my vision a little bit (nickels looked like quarters) so I only used them for sports where details don't matter.

Now I'm on Toric Cooper Vision dailies and they are perfect.
I have a slight astigmatism but I don't need toric lenses. I'm using cooper vision encore 100's. I've used nothing but cooper vision lenses ever since I started wearing contacts and have had no problems ever

+1 for cooper vision
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:51 PM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

I'm looking to get my first contacts. Which places would you recommend?
Old 07-20-2010, 04:56 AM   #34
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
My eyes quickly dry out when wearing contacts, I know it's not just me being fussy cause it's really bad.

I know this isn't normal.

The optometrist mentioned wiping my eyelids before I got to bed to help make my tear ducts less oily. Although that's a bunch of bull to me, I've been doing it anyways, just in case it actually worse.

Do you have any suggestions on something I can wear for the whole day?
If I bought the ones that they advertise as "you can sleep in them", would they work significantly better than my current monthlies?
Old 09-03-2010, 08:44 AM   #35
Banned (ABWS)

I tried to wear contacts the other day, but because I have astigmatism, my vision wasn't as clear as wearing glasses. Any suggestions from people with astigmatism also?

Edit: oops, should have read the above first. @woob, how strong is your astigmatism? I'm 1.25 and they said that was pretty strong/heavy. Which optical store did you go to?

Last edited by jhxb; 09-03-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #36
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
My eyes quickly dry out when wearing contacts, I know it's not just me being fussy cause it's really bad.

I know this isn't normal.

The optometrist mentioned wiping my eyelids before I got to bed to help make my tear ducts less oily. Although that's a bunch of bull to me, I've been doing it anyways, just in case it actually worse.

Do you have any suggestions on something I can wear for the whole day?
If I bought the ones that they advertise as "you can sleep in them", would they work significantly better than my current monthlies?

what brand of contacts do you use?

i use acuvue oasys... i think they say it's meant for 2 week use, you can leave them in while sleeping, but after 1 week to take them out to clean and then you can keep using them. i keep them in until they start getting dry and irritated (they feel like they're stabbing my eye) and then i take them out. i've probably gone 3 months or more with them on :P
Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote