REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:58 PM   #651
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
So the Fifa boss basically said that a goal which clearly went in for England and was missed by the REF and his stupid ass assistant is what makes "soccer exciting" and there's no need for instant replay. Corruption much? Like wtf is wrong with Fifa? How is the game "exciting" when refs completely fuck up games with stupid calls and miss calls like the England call and the offside in the Mexico game. /rant.
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:23 AM   #652
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Gekko View Post
So the Fifa boss basically said that a goal which clearly went in for England and was missed by the REF and his stupid ass assistant is what makes "soccer exciting" and there's no need for instant replay. Corruption much? Like wtf is wrong with Fifa? How is the game "exciting" when refs completely fuck up games with stupid calls and miss calls like the England call and the offside in the Mexico game. /rant.
What gets me is that it not only doesn't add excitement, it actually takes the excitement away. Getting a goal disallowed has to be one of the most gutted feelings a team can endure. Yeah, let's take away a teams hard effort on getting back into the game and make the hardcore fans lose sleep at night. Gee, that's fucking exciting.

I don't mind fouls being at the discretion of the ref, but video reply should be brought into the game for goals.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:32 AM   #653
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts

shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-28-2010, 06:02 AM   #654
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
is it just me or is the camera for the dutch slovak game shaking... i feel like im having a seizure

edit: guess its just the HD feed i dont notice any issues with the SD version
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:43 AM   #655
RS controls my life!

^must be the wind
VSBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:26 AM   #656
G
Banned (BBM)

HUP HUP!
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:34 AM   #657
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Gekko View Post
So the Fifa boss basically said that a goal which clearly went in for England and was missed by the REF and his stupid ass assistant is what makes "soccer exciting" and there's no need for instant replay.
That's just idiotic.

Yeah, I'm always at the edge of my seat wondering when the next blown call is going to be!
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:18 AM   #658
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
That's just idiotic.

Yeah, I'm always at the edge of my seat wondering when the next blown call is going to be!
Its more "traditional" that way because its all about whats happening on the field.

Doesn't matter though, England already los...

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:32 AM   #659
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
^ who cares if it's "traditional"? maybe it's cause this is the first WC I've watched, but it looks pretty fucking dumb when the refs are making calls that are so obviously wrong when seen with a slow-mo replay on tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
What gets me is that it not only doesn't add excitement, it actually takes the excitement away. Getting a goal disallowed has to be one of the most gutted feelings a team can endure. Yeah, let's take away a teams hard effort on getting back into the game and make the hardcore fans lose sleep at night. Gee, that's fucking exciting.

I don't mind fouls being at the discretion of the ref, but video reply should be brought into the game for goals.
Posted via RS Mobile
For red-carded/yellow-turned-red offences as well I think. The ref already has that little mic and shit, why not have some people upstairs reviewing stuff and telling him whats up. Then when the whistle is blown, they can check all the camera angles and see what exactly happened. There would be more stoppage time but who cares, the game would be much better
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #660

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
^ who cares if it's "traditional"?
Maybe rest of world? I'm not sure though, I'm not a mind reader. But it is one of the aspects that make soccer a simple but tough sport. Plus we'd stop seeing Italy take dives

Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #661
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Its more "traditional" that way because its all about whats happening on the field.

Doesn't matter though, England already los...
And maybe it's only "traditional" since they didn't have the technology to have video replays in the 1600's.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:58 AM   #662
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Maybe rest of world? I'm not sure though, I'm not a mind reader. But it is one of the aspects that make soccer a simple but tough sport. Plus we'd stop seeing Italy take dives
tough as in there is a chance that your clear goals will be waved off?
tough as in you have to worry about the opposing team running into you but you get a yellow card for it?

cuz i know you dont meant physically tough

and instant replays please, why does the ref make all the decisions, what if they're calling games?
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #663
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Netherlands vs Brazil

HUP Holland HUP!
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #664
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Fuck tradition it's all about evolving and improving the game. If you can make the game better why wouldn't you?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #665
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
its gonna suck to watch
germany vs argintina
brazil vs netherlands
spain vs portgual

it seems like brazil will steal this world cup championship again
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #666
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
its gonna suck to watch
germany vs argintina
brazil vs netherlands
spain vs portgual

it seems like brazil will steal this world cup championship again
Brazil won't win.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #667
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
It's Deutschland's year. It's just too bad their opponent won't be France...or Belgium...or Poland...because that would be hilarious.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #668
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
It's Deutschland's year. It's just too bad their opponent won't be France...or Belgium...or Poland...because that would be hilarious.
no its not

if anything it's Netherlands year

they've been unbeaten for 23 matches now and they've looked good throughout the entire tourney
Old 06-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #669

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
tough as in there is a chance that your clear goals will be waved off?
tough as in you have to worry about the opposing team running into you but you get a yellow card for it?

cuz i know you dont meant physically tough

and instant replays please, why does the ref make all the decisions, what if they're calling games?
I'm playing devil's advocate here, but you can't say soccer is not a physically demanding sport. Yes, its tough on the mind too, yes, it can seem unfair, but how many times have you heard people say that life is unfair?

Its one of the most simplest sports televised and its the lack of technology that allows anyone anywhere around the world to pick up the ball and play. If you implement technology into the decisions of the game, you're taking away from what the sport is.

Now lets think about hockey and football? How many times have we seen refs give bad calls even with the presence of technology? No matter what you add into a game, people will always bitch, complain, and moan about the game being unfair to a certain degree and will demand something to be added. I wouldn't be surprised if the most of the bitching is coming from butt-hurt North Americans too.

However, I do think some sort of goal-line technology like in hockey would be a great addition to the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonogunn8 View Post
Fuck tradition it's all about evolving and improving the game. If you can make the game better why wouldn't you?
Because then its not the same game, only in North America people don't give a shit about tradition. Think of it this way, people are playing the same soccer that was played by their fathers and grandfathers back in the day. To some people, thats really meaningful.

Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Old 06-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #670
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonogunn8
Rugby and Cricket got "Evolved"
Now we have the over protective, uninteresting, over commercialized sports like American Football and Baseball,
Dan_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #671
G
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
no its not

they've been unbeaten for 23 matches now and they've looked good throughout the entire tourney
It's anyone's game... All the teams that are in right now deserve to be where they are. All of them are the best of the best. But it's going to be a close game.

Netherlands (HUP HUP) are unbeaten so far, but from what I always hear, they have some curse that makes them screw up. Hopefully this isn't true. Robben is back and he's fucking rape.

Germany is a young team, good passing, rape-age offence, and mediocre defence, their goalie is questionable too, but they are one of the best contenders..

Brazil is Brazil, and Argentina is Argentina. 2 teams that usually make it far in the tournament from experience and skill... and Maradona is doing pretty good

Spain = Lots of known players but they haven't been able to show their true power...Before the whole thing I thought they would rape every team like 99-0. But that hasn't been the case...

Portugal = C.Ronaldo is a bitch. Enough said.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #672
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Portugal = C.Ronaldo is a bitch. Enough said.

/sig worthy
Dan_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:36 PM   #673
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
no its not

Pfft when you consider that 8 of those matches were in their World Cup qualifiers against such mighty world powers as Norway, Scotland, Macedonia and Iceland, and that in their international friendlies before the World Cup they drew Italy & Paraguay, and only managed to beat the US and Mexico 2-1, it's not very impressive, despite what they've done in the group stage. They did look pretty good against Slovakia, but it's all ending once they face Brazil. Not like that matters though, because Germany's taking it all!

Deutschland, nummer eins!

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #674
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Ima laugh if Ghana somehow wins

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #675
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Doucheland wont win.
PavelGTR is offline   Reply With Quote