REVscene - The Northwest's #1 Sport Compact Car and Classifieds Site


Welcome to the Vancouver's Top Classifieds and Automotive Forum - REVscene.net forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   Vancouver's Top Classifieds and Automotive Forum - REVscene.net > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 37,215
Thanked 12,849 Times in 3,915 Posts
Failed 999 Times in 344 Posts
Blender Bottle

OK we all drink protein shakes. And I'm sure you've all had the same problems as me with your shaker bottles:

-the cap leaks eventually
-the lid doesn't seal fully, so leaks
-the lid breaks or falls apart
-certain brands don't mix as well, so can be lumpy
-you can't mix anything that isn't a pure liquid

I decided to give the blender bottle a try, for about $6 on bb.com. These things are fucking AWESOME!

First of all, the lid and cap are high quality, so they don't leak. And the cap is sturdy so it shouldn't break as easily. So all that is taken care of.

Secondly it comes with this little mini-whisk ball thingy that helps blend drinks. Most good protein powders mix fine, but I used to have issues with certain blends, like Syntha-6. Casein can be a bitch too. They would always have lumps no matter what. But now with this whisk thingy, they mix perfectly.

And best of all, I can mix other ingredients into shakes, without needing a blender. A favourite of mine is to take 4 or 5 spoons of unsweetened yogurt, 400 ml of water, and a scoop of tropical punch whey from ON. That is delicious!

Another good one is 100 ml of pure coconut milk, and a scoop of vanilla syntha-6

Just a heads up if you have been frustrated (or even a little annoyed) and mixing shakes, this thing will make your life just a little bit better

__________________
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #2
what manner of phaggotry is this
 
RRxtar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Kelownafornia
Posts: 16,936
Thanked 3,758 Times in 1,316 Posts
Failed 132 Times in 89 Posts
i think they have them at london drugs too
__________________
STRENGTHaesthetics
RRxtar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
RS Operative (G)
 
hal0g0dv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GYM
Posts: 12,485
Thanked 3,967 Times in 1,388 Posts
Failed 398 Times in 123 Posts
w0w i need to get one
mine is brutal, shaking it one day all over my 52 lcd tv
__________________
╔╦╦╦═╦╗╔═╦═╦══╦═╗
║║║║╩╣╚╣═╣║║║║║╩╣
╚══╩═╩═╩═╩═╩╩╩╩═╝

It's not the steroids that makes the champion but it's hard training .. dedication, the diet and sacrifice and genetics that person has.. what makes the champion.
hal0g0dv2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,785
Thanked 1,604 Times in 475 Posts
Failed 271 Times in 84 Posts
gonna order one thanks!
hotong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #5
nns
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
nns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,877
Thanked 1,418 Times in 459 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 58 Posts
FYI, don't buy shaker bottles from Reflex. They're essentially the same as a regular blender bottle, except for the following:
-crappy build quality
-their Reflex logo will get on your skin by simply holding the bottle in your hand
-the proportions are slightly off from a real blender bottle; i.e. no swapping tops and bottoms from "real" blender bottles
-the numbers on the side are harder to see, probably because the bottle itself is cloudier to see through
__________________
nns
nns is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:28 AM   #6
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
StealthFighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: smallville
Posts: 1,253
Thanked 637 Times in 176 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 18 Posts
i've been using the blender bottle for over a year now. hasn't leaked on me and no clumps. easy to clean.

i got mine from popeye's though. it was under 10 bucks.
StealthFighter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:29 AM   #7
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 37,215
Thanked 12,849 Times in 3,915 Posts
Failed 999 Times in 344 Posts
I'm going to buy an extra one just for coconut milk.. No longer have to worry about it separating
__________________
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:43 AM   #8
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
DC5-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,874
Thanked 253 Times in 98 Posts
Failed 325 Times in 69 Posts
I mix my shakes in a magic bullet then put them in a shaker bottle i got from popeyes (which doesnt leak) but someone told me its bad because it destroys the protein molecules, do you think this is true?
DC5-S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:52 AM   #9
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
hchang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Richmond
Posts: 4,042
Thanked 686 Times in 256 Posts
Failed 357 Times in 118 Posts
I've had my Blender Bottle for about a year now, and it has still not leaked on me yet.

I've seen them for sale at London Drugs, Popeyes, and places like GNC obviously.

There's a store in Empire Square (Where Hons used to be) that sells Vitamins and some Sports Nutrition, I got my Blender Bottle there for $4. Worth checking out
hchang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #10
RS Operative (G)
 
hal0g0dv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GYM
Posts: 12,485
Thanked 3,967 Times in 1,388 Posts
Failed 398 Times in 123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
I've had my Blender Bottle for about a year now, and it has still not leaked on me yet.

I've seen them for sale at London Drugs, Popeyes, and places like GNC obviously.

There's a store in Empire Square (Where Hons used to be) that sells Vitamins and some Sports Nutrition, I got my Blender Bottle there for $4. Worth checking out
O nice thanks, yeah the cup ones don't cut it they seem to keep getting shitty
Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:17 AM   #11
what manner of phaggotry is this
 
RRxtar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Kelownafornia
Posts: 16,936
Thanked 3,758 Times in 1,316 Posts
Failed 132 Times in 89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
I mix my shakes in a magic bullet then put them in a shaker bottle i got from popeyes (which doesnt leak) but someone told me its bad because it destroys the protein molecules, do you think this is true?
some people would make the same arguement that cooking your steak destroys the protein too
__________________
STRENGTHaesthetics
RRxtar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #12
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
hchang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Richmond
Posts: 4,042
Thanked 686 Times in 256 Posts
Failed 357 Times in 118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
O nice thanks, yeah the cup ones don't cut it they seem to keep getting shitty
Posted via RS Mobile
Just to clarify, I think my post was confusing, sorry.

It's in Empire Square, in the mall, not where Hons used to be, but the square in where Hons used to be.

Oh, and be careful parking there, I've almost been hit by two seperate C-Lais backing out in one visit.
hchang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #13
RS Operative (G)
 
hal0g0dv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GYM
Posts: 12,485
Thanked 3,967 Times in 1,388 Posts
Failed 398 Times in 123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
Just to clarify, I think my post was confusing, sorry.

It's in Empire Square, in the mall, not where Hons used to be, but the square in where Hons used to be.

Oh, and be careful parking there, I've almost been hit by two seperate C-Lais backing out in one visit.
o yeah that is brutal and tons of ppl go in the wrong way and make a wall haha
__________________
╔╦╦╦═╦╗╔═╦═╦══╦═╗
║║║║╩╣╚╣═╣║║║║║╩╣
╚══╩═╩═╩═╩═╩╩╩╩═╝

It's not the steroids that makes the champion but it's hard training .. dedication, the diet and sacrifice and genetics that person has.. what makes the champion.
hal0g0dv2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #14
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 333
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
The blender bottle w/ the whisk ball is awsome! Had mine for well over half a year and it's going stong!
Wilso09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #15
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 283
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
london drugs do have them for 8.99 and they come in lots of colours so you dont mix up with everyones red one at the gym
Ranterok is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #16
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,673
Thanked 210 Times in 82 Posts
Failed 30 Times in 9 Posts
Ive had mine for quite a while too and its really good. That whisk is awesome
BinsentoW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:57 PM   #17
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,785
Thanked 1,604 Times in 475 Posts
Failed 271 Times in 84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
o yeah that is brutal and tons of ppl go in the wrong way and make a wall haha
c-lais ftl
hotong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #18
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Van
Posts: 4,156
Thanked 853 Times in 216 Posts
Failed 109 Times in 35 Posts
Yeah these bottles are awesome, had mine for some time now.

Highly suggest to purchase it.
JSilver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #19
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: BC
Posts: 742
Thanked 54 Times in 41 Posts
Failed 1,005 Times in 138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
OK we all drink protein shakes. And I'm sure you've all had the same problems as me with your shaker bottles:

-the cap leaks eventually
-the lid doesn't seal fully, so leaks
-the lid breaks or falls apart
-certain brands don't mix as well, so can be lumpy
-you can't mix anything that isn't a pure liquid

I decided to give the blender bottle a try, for about $6 on bb.com. These things are fucking AWESOME!

First of all, the lid and cap are high quality, so they don't leak. And the cap is sturdy so it shouldn't break as easily. So all that is taken care of.

Secondly it comes with this little mini-whisk ball thingy that helps blend drinks. Most good protein powders mix fine, but I used to have issues with certain blends, like Syntha-6. Casein can be a bitch too. They would always have lumps no matter what. But now with this whisk thingy, they mix perfectly.

And best of all, I can mix other ingredients into shakes, without needing a blender. A favourite of mine is to take 4 or 5 spoons of unsweetened yogurt, 400 ml of water, and a scoop of tropical punch whey from ON. That is delicious!

Another good one is 100 ml of pure coconut milk, and a scoop of vanilla syntha-6

Just a heads up if you have been frustrated (or even a little annoyed) and mixing shakes, this thing will make your life just a little bit better
somebody needs to fail this guy
fishing666 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #20
RS Operative (G)
 
hal0g0dv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GYM
Posts: 12,485
Thanked 3,967 Times in 1,388 Posts
Failed 398 Times in 123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishing666 View Post
somebody needs to fail this guy
why ?
__________________
╔╦╦╦═╦╗╔═╦═╦══╦═╗
║║║║╩╣╚╣═╣║║║║║╩╣
╚══╩═╩═╩═╩═╩╩╩╩═╝

It's not the steroids that makes the champion but it's hard training .. dedication, the diet and sacrifice and genetics that person has.. what makes the champion.
hal0g0dv2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #21
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: BC
Posts: 742
Thanked 54 Times in 41 Posts
Failed 1,005 Times in 138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
why ?
he's spamming advertisements trying to sell us 6$ bottles
fishing666 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #22
RS Operative (G)
 
hal0g0dv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GYM
Posts: 12,485
Thanked 3,967 Times in 1,388 Posts
Failed 398 Times in 123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishing666 View Post
he's spamming advertisements trying to sell us 6$ bottles
please shut the fuck up
__________________
╔╦╦╦═╦╗╔═╦═╦══╦═╗
║║║║╩╣╚╣═╣║║║║║╩╣
╚══╩═╩═╩═╩═╩╩╩╩═╝

It's not the steroids that makes the champion but it's hard training .. dedication, the diet and sacrifice and genetics that person has.. what makes the champion.
hal0g0dv2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #23
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 37,215
Thanked 12,849 Times in 3,915 Posts
Failed 999 Times in 344 Posts
Yeah I gain so much when you buy this bottle from some random store, you dumb fuck.
__________________
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:39 PM   #24
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,785
Thanked 1,604 Times in 475 Posts
Failed 271 Times in 84 Posts
lol fucking troll
hotong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:03 PM   #25
RS Operative (G)
 
hal0g0dv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GYM
Posts: 12,485
Thanked 3,967 Times in 1,388 Posts
Failed 398 Times in 123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Yeah I gain so much when you buy this bottle from some random store, you dumb fuck.
Ohh right u own body building .com and need sales on a 4 doller. Item
Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net