REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 06-12-2010, 03:58 AM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Please recommend a good brush for mineral makeup application

I am new to mineral makeup and I tried a bit today, which I liked but I had a Mac brush and felt it harsh on my skin. I am worried it could scratch it and damage it.
Are natural fibers better than synthetic and do they exist for applying MMU, I think is kabuki brush they type of brush?
Please recommend.
Advertisement

Last edited by danielclark; 04-26-2011 at 09:15 AM.
danielclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:15 AM   #2
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Post pictures of you so revsceners can see you and decide
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Try Quo. I'm fairly sure I remember seeing a mineral make up brush in their line. Their brushes also feel less harsh to me. I think they average $10-15/brush, depending on which one you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
Director of RS Cares

I am a firm believer good makeup brushes should be looked as an investment. A good quality brush should last you for years if they are well kept and cleansed. I'd honestly stay away from brushes that feel harsh and just feels..unnatural (coarse hair). Quo brushes are okay but they wear down quite quickly and you want to avoid brushes where their hairs fall out during application. Bobbi Brown or Nars has really good quality brushes but can run from $50 to $70. If you're only looking for a couple brushes in particular I'd suggest to buy them seperately instead of purchasing a whole brush set.
Posted via RS Mobile
miss_crayon is offline   Reply With Quote