REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #36251
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
looks like it
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 06-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #36252
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
hopefully, I can't wait to see him on the ice.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:44 PM   #36253
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Two
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Three

Ladies and germs, it has come to The Management's attention that within this thread is the mention of illegal activity; ie: the posting of requests for or links to illegal or illegitimate Jerseys and Canucks products.

I have just given out 36 points, and from here on out, I will be handing out straight one-month bans.

If you like Revscene and want to continue enjoying it through the remaining playoffs season and the month of June, keep this thread clean.

That is all.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #36254
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

hopefully this puts a end to the waste of the last 5 pages of garbage fake vs auth posts
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #36255
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Man I keep on thinking that we can actually win the cup this year and I can hardly believe it. This year seems like it has taken so long and has been so perfect especially with all the injuries on the blue line we had. I just feel it like everyone else and in a way it's kinda sad this season is done.

Just WOW I can't really believe we are so fricken close i'm kinda giddy on the inside.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #36256
RS controls my life!

Canucks to win SC in G5!
Old 06-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #36257
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
Thats not true at all, some people dont know where to buy jeresy else where other than canucks team store or local sports store. Not everyone can afford to dish out $200+ on a jersey. As long you are wearing it you are representing your support.

Only thing we are not supporting is rbk's shitty quality for these jersey and how much the price is jacked up in retail stores. Do you even know how much a blank jersey cost whole sale value?

we are all canucks so stopping putting others down just because they cant afford.
How much do you think they cost? Before any staff and overhead costs of course. The margins aren't as crazy as what some of you guys expect by the time the jerseys hit the retail level. It's not like the stores are buying these for $5 and flipping them for $140.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Two questions:

1) How does the wrist band registration work? If I show up at 10am at Richmond, will I be ok?

2) Here's a pic of my jersey from a few years ago (stick in rink logo):

A black sharpie won't show up on the blue numbering, will it?
Don't know about #1 but if you want a signature on a dark number I would suggest using a silver Sharpie PAINT PEN. I get mine from De Serres near Main and Terminal for < $5. You would want to use a paint pen over a regular sharpie because the oil-based ink from the paint pen is more opaque and it will show up much better than a regular sharpie. A signature done in silver sharpie might look decent at first but I guarantee you it's going to fade within the first few months.

For paint pens make sure you shake it well enough and prime it before using. Think of it as spray paint, but in pen-form. There are articles and videos on how to do this with a quick Google search.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #36258
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I saw Willie Mitchell today around 9:20am walking on seymore toward w.georgia...

didn't have time to take a picture cus i was working, wonder if he'll be at the game tomorrow for support
Old 06-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #36259
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
If anyone has a pair of tickets for sale or a single please PM me, looking for tickets now can come
To you
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 06-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #36260
'

Thanked 6,557 Times in 1,111 Posts
hurhur my avatar isnt a girl for once.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #36261
Banned By Establishment

^ that's boring, should've gone with this:

Last edited by n3wb; 06-03-2011 at 11:35 PM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #36262
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
So, since my buddy failed to buy the tix through his work discount, we are planning to watch the game tomorrow at a bar or lounge.

Can anyone recommend a bar/lounge in Richmond or DT?
shark club near steve nash is good.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a3fc/event.png
Old 06-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #36263
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
I'm thinking of checking out Edgewater.

Any stores AT ALL selling any S or M jerseys!?!?!?!?

I need to like drive somewhere far to a less populated area and try or something.
nhl.com canada store still has some..

i ordered on sunday and it came on tuesday.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #36264
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
But they did pay $10 initially. I totally agree that scalping road viewing games are wrong because they are taking advantage of an charitable event. However, no one is getting ripped off. The money still goes to Canucks Place.

IMO, you snooze, you lose. Everyone had equal opportunities to buy tickets at noon.
Posted via RS Mobile
Unless you work of course. But I guess thoese guys are snoozing eh.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 06-04-2011, 03:06 AM   #36265
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
IM READY TO ROCK a lil over 12hrs from now YES!!

and then we have this.. the CANUCKS made appleactionnews

Old 06-04-2011, 03:38 AM   #36266
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
and just like the previous Kesler Story by Nicolas J Cotsonika, another great read on some Canucks personel

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;...50_years060311

Shooter has been a "stick boy" for FIFTY years

Quote:
VANCOUVER – From where he watches games at Rogers Arena, just behind the Vancouver Canucks’ bench, in the tunnel to their dressing room, Ron Shute can see the special logo at center ice. It features the number 40, celebrating the number of years the Canucks have played in the National Hockey League, also indirectly noting how long they have waited to win their first Stanley Cup.

For Shute, though, the number is 50.

That’s right. Fifty. He has spent a half-century with the Canucks, longer than any other member of their staff, since they were a minor-league team that played in a little wooden barn. He started as a stick boy at age 13, and he’s still a stick boy at age 64 – only they call him a dressing room attendant now.

His story symbolizes Vancouver’s as the Canucks hold a 1-0 lead over the Boston Bruins in the Cup final – the work, the wait, the journey, the connection between the community and the team, the childlike dream still held by grown men, the old memories mixing with the anticipation of what, finally, could come true.

It hit him early this season, when the Canucks held a pregame ceremony for the 40th anniversary. They asked him to walk out last with the Canucks’ first NHL captain, Orland Kurtenbach, and present a sweater to their newest captain, Henrik Sedin.

“When I was walking out there, that’s kind of what came to me – all the years that I’d been doing this and all the different captains,” Shute said. “It was an acknowledgment of all those years for me, and it just was very emotional for me at that time. I could hardly keep it together.”

How would he feel if the Canucks won the Cup then? What would it mean to him? What would it mean to everyone?

“Everything,” he said.

It was the 1960-61 season. The Canucks were playing in the Western Hockey League, then a minor professional league one step below the NHL. It was the Original Six era, and the big clubs would blow through Vancouver in the fall to play exhibitions.

On this night the Detroit Red Wings were in town, and 13-year-old Ron Shute was in the stands as a fan when one of his schoolmates spotted him. The kid needed help. He was the stick boy for the Canucks, and the guy who was supposed to work for the visiting team hadn’t shown up.

“I said, ‘What would I have to do?’ ” Shute recalled. “He said, ‘Well, you might have to give Gordie Howe a roll of tape or Alex Delvecchio a stick. You might have to get a glass of water for Bill Gadsby.’ I’m speechless. I can’t talk. I’m just nodding my head.”

Shute served as the stick boy for the Red Wings. He said he was in “shock and awe.” He saw those legends in real life, and they treated him like a human being, too. No tricks. No requests for a bucket of steam.

The Toronto Maple Leafs came to town next. Shute’s schoolmate suggested he show up in case the other guy didn’t show up again.

“Well, he didn’t, and I did it,” Shute said, “and it just started from there.”

For 50 years – 40 years since the Canucks joined the NHL in 1970-71 – the job has been essentially the same. It’s a little more complicated now, with more support staff and more equipment and more stuff in general, but not much. As he went through school, as he spent 34 years as a schoolteacher, even after he retired from his day job, Shute moonlighted with the Canucks as a labor of love, showing up for home games and doing all the humble duties that need to be done.

Take care of the jerseys and socks. Refresh the food, beverages, tape and towels. Clean up the dressing room, set up the bench and the penalty box, run errands for the players. All the drudgery that he says is no drudgery at all.

It’s not just that he has gotten to know the players – and he has known basically everyone who has played for the Canucks in their NHL history. It’s that he has gotten to know the people in and around the game. It’s that he has gotten to be a part of it, all of it, the lean years and the losses and the empty seats, the high points and the wins and the chase for the Cup.

The first time the Canucks made the Cup final, it was 1982. They beat the Blackhawks in Chicago and went straight to New York to face the Islanders. Shute went straight to the principal of his school and asked if he could go, too.

The principal said yes, of course. So Shute, unable to find a flight out of Vancouver, caught a flight out of Seattle. He made friends with an Islanders fan and hitched a ride to the rink. When he got there, the Canucks were just finishing their morning skate before Game 1. The players were so impressed he had made it, they took up a collection and handed him a wad of cash to pay for his flight and give him some walking-around money.

Game 1 went to overtime. Shute remembers running down the tunnel to set up for the first OT intermission, only to hear the roar of the crowd and realize that meant the Canucks had lost. They ended up being swept. But in a way, that was OK.

“We really were the underdogs, didn’t expect to win,” Shute said. “But it was just really exciting to be there.”

The second time the Canucks made the Cup final, it was 1994. This time the series went the distance. Shute was invited to join the team charter flying family and team officials to New York on the day of Game 7 against the Rangers.

But the charter was cancelled. The plane needed a part. So Stan McCammon, the Canucks’ president and CEO, chartered a private jet. He had room for eight other people. Shute was one of the lucky few who hadn’t headed home yet and caught a ride. They took off hoping to make the opening faceoff.

But there were headwinds, and they couldn’t get clearance to land in New York, and they had to land in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., and they had to wait for a customs official to come from home to clear them, and they had to hop on two helicopters for Manhattan. They took off hoping to make the end of the second period.

But there was an electrical storm, and they had to fly around it, and they didn’t touch down in Manhattan until there were about five minutes left in the game, and the Canucks were losing 3-2. They hopped into waiting limousines and listened to the game on the radio, hoping for a goal and overtime.

But by the time they got to Madison Square Garden, there was about one minute left, and it was too late. The Canucks lost. One of the owners’ wives called her husband and asked what they should do. He told them to go to the airport and wait for the team, and so they did.

“Never got in the Garden,” Shute said.

After all those years, after all those miles, Shute had come so close to seeing the Canucks win the Cup and didn’t even get to see them lose it. Maybe it was better that way, he reasoned. He said the flight home was very quiet.

“Nobody was crying or anything like that,” Shute said. “It was just ⦠disappointment.”

This is the third time the Canucks have made the Cup final. This time, unlike 1982 and 1994, it isn’t new. It isn’t unexpected. This team isn’t an underdog; it won the Presidents’ Trophy as the NHL’s top regular-season team and is favored to win the Cup.

“It’s kind of like you’re writing a book, and you write each chapter, and you’re waiting for the ending chapter,” Shute said. “That’s what it would mean for me. I can’t imagine doing this my entire life and never having a chance to be part of a (Cup-)winning team. I think we have a really good chance this year, and I’m really hoping that ⦔

He laughed.

“It would mean everything,” he said.

Would it mean the end for Shute? The kid they call Shooter will turn 65 in July. He has already retired from his teaching job, and every year he cleans out his locker and goes home for the summer without assuming the Canucks will ask him to come back.

But, no. Not yet. He’s really hoping that the Canucks write that last chapter, but he’s really hoping there’s an epilogue, too.

“It’s been so much fun this year,” Shute said, “even if we win, I think I’d like to be back next year.”

After waiting 50 years for one Cup, how much fun would it be to go for two?
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2011, 05:06 AM   #36267
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Was wondering if anyone knew what manny drove? I swear i saw him in a bmw 5 series today on 49th
Old 06-04-2011, 05:20 AM   #36268
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,813 Times in 8,188 Posts
If Manny can drive, he's absolutely cleared to play games
Old 06-04-2011, 06:12 AM   #36269
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If Manny can drive, he's absolutely cleared to play games

I know the potholes can be bad, but c'mon. Just because he can drive doesn't mean a damn thing as to whether or not he can play a high-speed, physical sport like hockey. It's likely the jarring force of a check detaching a retina or something that their concerned about. His vision may be fine enough to drive, that doesn't mean he can play hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-04-2011, 06:39 AM   #36270
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Game Day Folks! woot woot.. but im at work till 230 fukken stoked! oh and i got tickets for game 3 and 4 viewing party!
Old 06-04-2011, 06:42 AM   #36271
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,813 Times in 8,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post

I know the potholes can be bad, but c'mon. Just because he can drive doesn't mean a damn thing as to whether or not he can play a high-speed, physical sport like hockey. It's likely the jarring force of a check detaching a retina or something that their concerned about. His vision may be fine enough to drive, that doesn't mean he can play hockey.
You moron. All I meant was that if his vision is good enough to drive, he will be able to see on the ice.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #36272
easy e

Canucks are ready to go game 2 @ Fairmont Pacific Rim:

GT-R is Sami Salo? And what's up with Luongo repping Mercedes Benz and rocking a Range Rover?! Michigan plates = Kes?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00016-20110604-0736.jpg (67.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-04-2011, 06:59 AM   #36273
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
You moron. All I meant was that if his vision is good enough to drive, he will be able to see on the ice.
Can never be wrong hey SkinnyPupp? Guess what. You are. Quite often in this thread.

Name calling now too? You're the moron who said if he can drive he can play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-04-2011, 07:06 AM   #36274
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiko View Post
Canucks are ready to go game 2 @ Fairmont Pacific Rim:

GT-R is Sami Salo? And what's up with Luongo repping Mercedes Benz and rocking a Range Rover?! Michigan plates = Kes?
haha nice!

I guess they aren't parking underground so they can avoid the mayhem near GM place.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #36275
easy e

Hachi Go, you have to work early on a saturday too? Guess that's what it takes to be a baller! I think they're prepping the cars, ready to head to the rink. They probably still do park underground @ GM Place, err.. Rogers Arena.

They should really carpool! All Escalades and Range Rovers with just one person in each car.

*edit*, just checked, they're all gone! I was hoping to see them drive off, but in a flash, they all went to work.

Last edited by saiko; 06-04-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Closed Thread