REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Nissan / Infiniti Tech Resources

Nissan / Infiniti Tech Resources All Nissan & Infiniti Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 06-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,164 Times in 201 Posts
Help removing r32 headlight bulb?

well, this may seem silly. Most headlight bulb changes i've done are mostly just twist and pull. and i found out that on my skyline, the passenger side headlight bulb is burnt out and i tried taking it out but it won't even budge i have the projector style headlights. theres some sort of cap that i could twist off right? and there's a gasket underneath it? well i took that out and the gasket is still on there so i don't know what's really the next step.. if anyone could provide some help that'd be greatly appreciated! thanks =)
Advertisement
DiiCii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

theres a copper coated bracket that doesnt looks attached to the bulb but it is....there is 2 screws on either side of the bul that are over top of the bracket....take those out and careful cuz its kind of spring loaded....should solve your issue
Old 06-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #3

thanks for the reply i actually figured it out not too long ago after i posted xD it's weird how one side is a H1 and the other side is a H7 not sure if it's been previously modified or if it was originally like that..
Old 06-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #4

don't need this thread anymore, it could be removed
Old 06-28-2010, 07:26 PM   #5
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

they don't really delete threads it just falls to the bottom...
R33Vspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #6
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiiCii View Post
well, this may seem silly. Most headlight bulb changes i've done are mostly just twist and pull. and i found out that on my skyline, the passenger side headlight bulb is burnt out and i tried taking it out but it won't even budge blue hid headlights i have the projector style headlights. theres some sort of cap that i could twist off right? and there's a gasket underneath it? well i took that out and the gasket is still on there so i don't know what's really the next step.. if anyone could provide some help that'd be greatly appreciated! thanks =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiiCii View Post
thanks for the reply i actually figured it out not too long ago after i posted xD it's weird how one side is a H1 and the other side is a H7 not sure if it's been previously modified or if it was originally like that..
Kind of surprised me too, didn't know one was different from the other.
silverbulletguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:23 AM   #7

yeah it's weird.. i went to go get new bulbs and i asked them if they could sell them seperately, instead of 2 in a set. the people were confused too! he says he's done headlights on skylines before and neither side are different.. but on my car, the passenger side has a H1 and the driverside uses a H3C lol maybe i could just get another h1 adapter and replace the H3C one and also cut the wires and replace that with a H1 plug? i think im gonna go HID, what do you guys think of it?
Old 10-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #8
RS controls my life!

Thanked 4,071 Times in 346 Posts
that should work, replacing the H3C with a H1. HID's are pree nice, just dont get pulled for it.
ThatKoukiKid is offline   Reply With Quote