REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Legal Racing & Events

Island Legal Racing & Events Island Race Events
For autocross/street legals/supercruise/meets etc..

Old 06-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Vancouver Island Poker Run 2010

I'm posting this for a friend from S2ki......

My name is Dave and I am from the S2ki forum. The Vancouver island members of S2ki are hosting a Poker Run for charity. The proceeds are going to Camp Shawnigan here on the island. Thus far I have only posted in the S2000 forums (S2ki and S2k.ca), and NSXPrime and we already have 65 cars attending with 115 people.

If your interested I would like to extend an invitation to the Revscene owners. Here is a web site that has all the details:
http://vipokerrun2010.elocas.com

Here are the links to the information on S2Ki as well as the current signup list. If your interested please sign up here on this thread and I will post back to S2Ki master list. Thanks.
Registration List: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=740168
Information List: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=739462

PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE HERE: http://vipokerrun2010.elocas.com

Thanks Again and hope to see some of you out ...,

For those of you that don't like to click on links from people you don't know :-) Here is my email dave.donovan@elocas.com You can just copy and paste that link ...,
Advertisement
2004 Honda S2000 #56-AS

Last edited by mavm86; 06-17-2010 at 03:10 PM.
mavm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Poker Run

Hey Dave here..., This event is a little over a month away. The breakdown is $25.00 for the dinner being provided at Mt Washington resort, and the rest goes to prize money and the charity itself. So for example a car and driver with passenger is $110.00 with $50.00 going towards the dinner and $60.00 to the charity (Camp Shawnigan for severly handicapped kids). For a driver and car the price is $75.00 with $25.00 towards the dinner and $50.00 to charity.

What does this include? Friday evening meet at the old BCSystems building on Cloverdale and Seymor Place. This will also be the starting point of the Poker Run on Saturday. This meet we will hand out maps and starting packages including times (so the ones coming on the ferries on Saturday morning will get the later start times. Then perhaps a nice cruz. Saturday is the Poker Run starting at 10:30 we drive up to Mt Washington resort and have 7 checkpoints along the way. At each checkpoint you pick up a playing card. Once you are up at Mt Washington you will have 7 cards. We have a meet and socialize (facilities hosted by S2Ki Vancouver Island)..., There is a silent auction for some great gifts (visit the web site for a list of prizes/gifts http://vipokerrun2010.elocas.com). We will have a dinner and award the auction items and announce the Poker Run winners. We then have the facilities until midnight with a bar. Most people are spending the evening at the resort as we have special pricing. Sunday we will gather for a brunch and cruz as a group back to Victoria dropping people off at the appropriate ferry terminals.

My goal is to send two kids to camp each for a week which costs about $2,300.00. I want to raise $5,000.00 so I we can also provide them with some of the necessary items for a week at camp. Help me to help those less fortunate, sign up for this event. We have great sponsorship (Island Honda Dealers and many more), great prizes, gifts for everyone, and a nice ride up and cruz back.

For those on the island this can be done without accomodations, for those off the island contact me and Mt Washington is providing us with a deal on rooms ($119.00), however you can make it back to the mainland that evening by taking the late Duke Ferry at 10:45pm.

Hope that some of you sign up and looking forward to seeing your rides.

Dave

Last edited by ddonovan; 06-24-2010 at 10:43 AM.
ddonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #3

Hey sorry to be a pain again, but participation is down on the poker run although we have lots of really great gifts/prizes and cash. It is my intention to attempt to send two less fortunate kids to summer camp but I can't do it without your help. Please at least take a read of the thread here and the web page http://vipokerrun2010.elocas.com. I need your help to make this a success. The entire event can be done in one day and you could be back in your beds by Saturday evening. OR you can stay up with us at Mt Washington resort as they have offered us a fantastic discount. Poker Run, Silent Auction, Awards Dinner, Evening social, brunch the next day and a cruz back to the ferries...., Great prizes, great sponosors, and best of all great cars and people.

Please if you can take a read and sign up, help out some less forutunate kids and meet some other people that respect thier vehicles the way you do.

I need you're help as this event is only one month away and dinner has to be paid in advance. $110.00 for driver and passenger and $75.00 for single driver. That pays for everything including dinner (ok not your room if you stay).

Help me to make this a success.

Dave
Old 06-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #4

Here is a list of just some of the prizes/gifts

Cash
one $350.00 full detail gift certificate from Richmond/Yaletown Auto Spa in Vancouver.

10 premium gift certificates (15% off) that are good for one year from Richmond/Yaletown Auto Spa in Vancouver.

one $100.00 gift certificate from theBlackMarkers online clothing store.

two $50.00 gift certificates from theBlackMarkers online clothing store.

four $25.00 gift certificates from theBlackMarkers online clothing store.

three TomTom GPS units from Island Honda

two BlueTooth devices from Island Honda

some undefined Honda apparel from Island Honda

two single ski passes from Mt Washington Resort

another two single ski passes from Mt Washington Resort

two single tubing passes from Mt Washington Resort

another two single tubing passes from Mt Washington Resort

One LED wind restrictor ==> Dynamic Auto Concepts

two $100.00 gift certificates from Modifry Products

Assorted gift certificates from TBC Kart Racing

3 x A&JRacing shift boots, blue stitching.

3 x A&JRacing shift boots, red stitching.

1 x $100.00 gift certificate from Coastal Metals

4 x $50.00 gift certificates from Coastal Metals

$100.00 gift certificate, (Tires/Rims/Accessories), from SHC AutoGraphics

two $50.00 gift certificates from The Bread Garden

Items to be listed soon The Honda Way

One $200.00 gift certificate for Service Campus Honda Victoria

One $200.00 gift certificate for Parts Campus Honda Victoria

And much more.., items are showing up daily as sponsorship has truely been great, stay tuned for some really fantastic news on the prizes that are still to be confirmed.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #5

Tomorrow is July 1st..., Happy Canada Day !!!

This also means that we only have 10 more days before the food has to be paid for and as such the tickets need to be paid for. My commitment is to pay for the food on July 10th.

I am sorry for having to continue to bother you about this but you are recieveing this email because you showed interest in the early registration for this event.

Please purchase your tickets and help me to make this event a success.
Purchase Online: http://vipokerrun2010.elocas.com
Or contact me and let me know your intentions.

This has been a tremendous amount of work to setup. Come out and support the event. We have some great prizes (see the payment page for list of prizes/gifts).

Thanks.

Dave
Old 07-03-2010, 07:09 AM   #6

Ron managed to get a room at Deer Lodge for 99$ per night! That is a pretty good deal.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #7

Great News and you people that cancelled are going to be sorry!!!

Sokha of "The Honda Way" in Abbottsford has officially donated the following prized to the Poker Run. This is truely substantial

3 Trips to Vegas with Hotel and Air included ( Taxes need to be paid by ticket holder )

1 Formula 1 Driving School at Allen Berg Racing School in Alberta (Formula Racing Kart Racing: Formula Racing Schools Allen Berg Kart Racing Schools)

10% Service Discount on Service

The Honda Way will also be hosting a BBQ Friday July 23rd and Saturday July 24th for a donation (free to S2Ki members). They would like to be a gathering spot on both days for any cars coming over to the island. Plan to meet up with others at The Honda Way, have some food, get some service and come on over.

Mo on the S2Ki site is arranging the meeting spot working with Sokha so if you want any information or would like to have Mo setup a mini meet at The Honda Way either day so you can meet up and come to the island as a group, contact him or myself (Mo - Mo-S2K).

Please purchase your tickets soon, I am supposed to have the final numbers into Mt Washington for the 10th of July, which is Sunday so probably the 11th.

Looking forward to it...,

Dave
VI S2Ki CO
Poker Run 2010 Organizer
Old 07-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #8

One week left to purchase tickets for the Poker Run..., check out the new donated prizes of 3 trips to Vegas and 1 trip to Calgary to participate in F1 race training...,
Old 07-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #9

I will be building the schedule and all this weekend and will post it on the web site http://vipokerrun2010.elocas.com. Should have that done by Monday. I will post here when completed.

I have started printing off the tickets for the event...,

And special thanks to John and Donna (Mid Isle S2K) as they are assisting me in the maps.

One thing I would like to ask is we have the facilities up at Mt Washington till midnight. We need some music. Does anyone has a player that you can just plug an iPod into, so anyone that has an iPod can volunteer the use of thier IPod and that way we get a good variety of music.

Let me know if you can accomodate? I could always bring up my laptop and some speakers..., Anyway if anyone has something better and they are willing to bring it along. please let me know.

Thanks again everyone!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:09 PM   #10

I have been able to extend the ticket purchase date to the 20th.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #11

Bump..., Come on people one week left to purchase tickets and get registered. Great prizes, great people, good times!
Old 07-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #12

I have added the Schedule of events to the web site...,

Please review.

The Poker Run is From Victoria to Mt Washington and the Friday meet is in Victoria at the same spot as the Poker Run will start from...,

Here is the schedule:
http://vipokerrun2010.elocas.com/event%20schedule.htm

Any questions don't hesitate to contact me.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:39 PM   #13

5254 Motorsports (used to be $$$$$$$$), has also jumped onboard with sponsorship for the event. They will be donating a case of Royal Purple syth oil as well as some gift certificates for Dyno testing on thier Dyno Dynamics Dyno tester.

Thanks to Blane and Chris !!!
http://www.5252motorsports.com/

See the sponsorship page located here:
http://vipokerrun2010.elocas.com
Old 07-17-2010, 07:09 AM   #14

People of the mainland. I have moved the dinner at Mt Washington up to 6:15. This provides plenty of time to make it back to Vancouver on the same day as the Poker Run so you can come over in the morning and head back that night. No need for a hotel.

Trips to vegas, trip for F1 race training, Dyno time, lots of sponsorship and prizes and gifts and CASH prizes as well.

If you can at all make it, please do help me and help the kids and have a great time.

I'm a little disappointed in the participation for this event from the mainland. We have almost as many coming up from Washington State as we do coming from Vancouver. Come on, one week left to sign up
Old 07-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #15

two days left to purchase tickets ...,
Old 07-19-2010, 09:01 AM   #16

Need a commitment by Tomorrow and money by Thursday for this event. Still have about 25% of you that have not contacted me back about this event. Let me know what is up.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:39 AM   #17

Last day to purchase tickets people, come on you know you want to go F1 racing ...,
Old 07-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #18

Dave from Courtney Honda has just thrown in some Honda Jackets to go with the bluetooth units and the GPS units that he has already donated to us...,

Thanks Dave and Island Honda!
Old 07-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #19

Bump ..., If you purchase online you can still get tickets until tomorrow at noon. After that the online purchase will be closed.

There is internet interact however but really people I have to have your money no later than Thursday evening for sure. I have to pay Thursday night/Friday morning.

Again here is the updated prize list:

- Cash prizes for first, second, and third high hand.
- one $350.00 full detail gift certificate from Richmond/Yaletown Auto Spa in Vancouver.
- 10 premium gift certificates (15% off) that are good for one year from Richmond/Yaletown Auto Spa in Vancouver.
- one $100.00 gift certificate from theBlackMarkers online clothing store.
- two $50.00 gift certificates from theBlackMarkers online clothing store.
- four $25.00 gift certificates from theBlackMarkers online clothing store.
- three TomTom GPS units from Island Honda.
- three BlueTooth devices from Island Honda.
- Honda Jackets from Island Honda
- two single ski passes from Mt Washington Resort.
- another two single ski passes from Mt Washington Resort.
- two single tubing passes from Mt Washington Resort.
- another two single tubing passes from Mt Washington Resort.
- One LED wind restrictor ==> Dynamic Auto Concepts.
- two $100.00 gift certificates from Modifry Products.
- Assorted gift certificates from TBC Kart Racing.
- 3 x A&JRacing shift boots, blue stitching.
- 3 x A&JRacing shift boots, red stitching.
- 1 x $100.00 gift certificate from Coastal Metals S2K Fabrication shop.
- 4 x $50.00 gift certificates from Coastal Metals.
- $100.00 gift certificate, (Tires/Rims/Accessories), from SHC AutoGraphics.
- two $50.00 gift certificates from The Bread Garden.
- 3 Trips to Vegas with Hotel and Air included ( Taxes need to be paid by ticket holder ) The Honda Way.
- 1 Formula 1 Driving School at Allen Berg Racing School in Alberta(http://www.allenbergracingschools.com/) The Honda Way
10% Service Discount on Service The Honda Way.
- 2 x $200.00 gift certificate for Service & Parts Campus Honda Victoria.
- 1 Case Royal Purple Synth Oil 5252 Motorsports.
- Gift Certificates for Free Dyno Dynamics Dyno Testing 5252 Motorsports.
- t-shirts and coupons from 5252 Motorsports.

Plus some other giveaways. Based on participation, the chances of winning one of the above prizes is pretty good I would say !!!

Dave

Last edited by ddonovan; 07-21-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:05 AM   #20

Must be signed up by TODAY! Fire me an Email if you want to reserve a spot. Today is the LAST DAY.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:43 PM   #21

I have resorted the participants list on the first page of this thread. Those below the line have not responded to me so I have to assume they are not attending and therefore are not included in the bottom stats. I guess this it the total roster then. Good luck to all of you, drive safely, and see you Friday/Saturday.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=740168

Dave
Old 07-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #22

We managed to raise $1,500.00 up at the mountain Saturday evening alone.

For all of those that didn't get your certificate prizes I will ensure that they get out to you.

Thanks again and stay tuned for the update after I do the math. Pics are on the way I hope.

Dave
Old 09-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #23

Poker Run Participants:

I received an email from Eileen Torgeson, manager of BC Lions Society & Easter Seals Services (Camp Shawnigan). I wanted to cut and paste the email into here for you.

=============Begin Cut=====================
On behalf of the BC Lions Society for Children with Disabilities we would like to thank you and all of your participants, sponsors and volunteers for your generous contribution to Easter Seals Camp Shawnigan.

Your donations will support Easter Seals Camp Shawnigan, where anything is possible during a week at camp. At Camp Shawnigan it is our goal to provide safe, fun activities in an environment where the focus is on abilities, not disabilities. Campers have an opportunity to challenge themselves, take risks, and try new things in a safe, warm and supportive environment. All of our camp activities are designed to build confidence and independence in our campers. Our specially trained camp staff do everything they can to ensure that campers have the best time of their summer! For many of our campers it is the one week they look forward to all year. The friendships they make there can last a lifetime. For parents, cam provides a week’s respite from the responsibilities of caring for a child with special needs, often a full time job on its own.

The BC Lions Society receives no government funding and relies on the generosity of our donors. Camp is 100% subsidized by the Society and the cost of sending on child to camp is $2,400.00. the facilities at Camp Shawnigan are specially designed and equipped to accommodate children with special needs. The addition and maintenance of ramps and lifts, the modification of doorways, washrooms, sports equipment, and the purchase of special waterproof wheelchairs are just a few of the expenses unique to these kind of operations. the special needs of these children also require Easter Seal Camps to have a very low ratio of counsellors to campers. This low ratio ensures that counsellors have the time to fully understand the individual needs of their campers and the ability to provide the attention and assistance they need.

Again, many thanks from the BC Lions Society and the children and their families you are supporting. Without community spirited people like you, none of this is possible.

Together we continue to give children abilities.

Sincerely,
Eileen Torgeson
Manager
BC Lions Society &
Easter Seals Services