REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:35 AM   #76
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
^ can i ask you what made you believe in all these conspiracies? who taught you them, and where did you research them?
Advertisement
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2011, 02:02 AM   #77
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
^ can i ask you what made you believe in all these conspiracies? who taught you them, and where did you research them?
No one taught me them. I was ushered into Christianity for 8 years as a child. I was young and I generally believed in the existence of God. I prayed hard and wondered night after night when he'll reply back. I asked my pastor critical questions:

If God loves people, and created people to have choice, why did God over and over again get angry or kill them all when they don't do the right things? Why would God cause genocides at will to a species that he created and loved and allowed them free choice? The destruction of Egypt in Exodus:

Quote:
Exodus 5:15
And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that [is] behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.

The splitting of all mankind in Genesis through language:

Quote:
According to the biblical account, a united humanity of the generations following the Great Flood, speaking a single language and migrating from the east, came to the land of Shinar, where they resolved to build a city with a tower "with its top in the heavens...lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the Earth." God came down to see what they did and said: "They are one people and have one language, and nothing will be withholden from them which they purpose to do." So God said, "Come, let us go down and confound their speech." And so God scattered them upon the face of the Earth, and confused their languages, and they left off building the city, which was called Babel "because God there confounded the language of all the Earth."(Genesis 11:5-8).
Noah's ark? The binding of Isaac, where God asked him to kill his son to show his loyalty. Wait. Wait wait wait. I asked my pastor, how can that be right? Would God be asking Isaac to kill his OWN son to show his LOYALTY to God? That's some extremist shit. He had no answers for me. He told me that it was the will of God and that God always has his plans. We just have to trust him. I told my pastor, if that is the God as in the bible, and if the bible is God's word as it happened, then I don't want him as my God.

These questions left my mind for a long time. But with the invention of the internet, any questions can be answered in seconds. I started looking into this recently, and certain documentaries answered all the questions that no religious figure has been able to explain for me. If you haven't already, watch Ancient Aliens. Again, the name and belief of this carries a certain stigma in our society that you must be a "conspiracy theorist" to believe these things. But it's not like that. These are current scientific theories that have arised as technological advancement continues. I started with ancient cultures, religion, all the way up to current events. I look at the time correlations, date correlations, all at separate parts of the world with no communication between cultures.

Fast forward to today, and I find information about government released files, blacked out documents that are released through transparency acts and public inquiry.

We're looking at things like the disclosure project;

Quote:
Greer convened the conference with more than 100 other contactees offering testimony. Among the contactees were "...about 20 former government workers, many of them military and security officials, who stepped forward...and called for congressional hearings about such sightings."[15] Such arguments were met with by derision by skeptics and spokespeople for the U. S. Airforce who maintain that there is no convincing evidence for the speculation that UFOs are alien spacecraft.[16][17]
source:

These are former government workers that are asking congress to investigate these things in 2001, yet none of it made it into mainstream media? How come I never heard of it?

A lot of countries around the world have been releasing files slowly from 50, 60 years ago on documented sightings of UFOs - Unidentified Flying Objects, that they purposely don't want the public to know.

http://www.disclosureproject.org/cou...fo-files.shtml

One of the first links leads you to this recent release of documents by National Security Agency/Central Security Service of USA (www.nsa.gov). In it it contains files on Unidentified Flying Objects appearing on radars that the military cannot explain. Most entries are blocked out, and only ones that contain "probably balloons" are left.

http://www.nsa.gov/public_info/declass/ufo/index.shtml (contains links to PDFs)

Some of these people have been researching these phenomenons and documenting it for 30 40 years.

Our own former defense minister said this:

Quote:
Cabinet minister and Liberal leadership candidate

When the Liberals returned to power in the 1963 election, Hellyer became Minister of National Defence in the cabinet of Lester B. Pearson. This was the most notable period in Hellyer's political career. As Minister of Defence, he oversaw the drastic and controversial integration and unification of the Royal Canadian Navy, Canadian Army, and the Royal Canadian Air Force into a single organization, the Canadian Forces.
Hellyer contested the 1968 Liberal leadership election, placing second on the first ballot, but slipped to third on the second and third ballots, and withdrew to support Robert Winters on the fourth ballot, in which Pierre Trudeau won the leadership. He served as Trudeau's Transport Minister, and was Senior Minister in the Cabinet, a position similar to the current position of Deputy Prime Minister.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_He...ship_candidate

These are real people, today, with credentials in their respective fields, braving the ridicule and taking a stand and finally saying hey! What benefits could working professionals gain by risking their careers by coming out to the public and saying that what they are saying is true: that there is a massive amounts of information we currently have no access to, and therefore cannot make key decisions in our lives because of that.

I'm not a "believer". I'm only a researcher. With the invention of internet, information is now instantaneousness. We can only speculate based on the information that is provided. All I want is the truth. I'm like anybody. I don't know what's going on. I can only show you guys the information that I have found that makes the most sense to me.

Last edited by $_$; 05-16-2011 at 03:05 AM.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2011, 02:52 AM   #78
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

While we are on the topic of conspiracy theories, why don't we have a little look at the diamond industry? Have you ever wondered why diamonds are so expensive? Did you know that diamonds are not that rare? It's not hard to mine. Then why is it so expensive?

Well:

Quote:
A single company—De Beers—controls a significant proportion of the trade in diamonds.[56] They are based in Johannesburg, South Africa and London, England. One contributory factor is the geological nature of diamond deposits: several large primary kimberlite-pipe mines each account for significant portions of market share (such as the Jwaneng mine in Botswana, which is a single large pit operated by De Beers that can produce between 12,500,000 carats (2,500 kg) to 15,000,000 carats (3,000 kg) of diamonds per year,[57]) whereas secondary alluvial diamond deposits tend to be fragmented amongst many different operators because they can be dispersed over many hundreds of square kilometers (e.g., alluvial deposits in Brazil).

The production and distribution of diamonds is largely consolidated in the hands of a few key players, and concentrated in traditional diamond trading centers, the most important being Antwerp, where 80% of all rough diamonds, 50% of all cut diamonds and more than 50% of all rough, cut and industrial diamonds combined are handled.[58] This makes Antwerp a de facto "world diamond capital".[59] Another important diamond center is New York City, where almost 80% of the world's diamonds are sold, including auction sales.[58] The DeBeers company, as the world's largest diamond miner holds a dominant position in the industry, and has done so since soon after its founding in 1888 by the British imperialist Cecil Rhodes. De Beers owns or controls a significant portion of the world's rough diamond production facilities (mines) and distribution channels for gem-quality diamonds. The Diamond Trading Company (DTC) is a subsidiary of De Beers and markets rough diamonds from De Beers-operated mines. De Beers and its subsidiaries own mines that produce some 40% of annual world diamond production. For most of the 20th century over 80% of the world's rough diamonds passed through De Beers,[60] but in the period 2001–2009 the figure has decreased to around 45%.[61] De Beers sold off the vast majority of its diamond stockpile in the late 1990s – early 2000s[62] and the remainder largely represents working stock (diamonds that are being sorted before sale).[63] This was well documented in the press[64] but remains little known to the general public.
So when your girlfriend asks you for a fatty diamond, just remember this:

Quote:
Marketing
The image of diamond as a valuable commodity has been preserved through clever marketing campaigns (as, indeed, is the case with many other luxury products). In particular, the De Beers diamond advertising campaign is acknowledged as one of the most successful and innovative campaigns in history. N. W. Ayer & Son, the advertising firm retained by De Beers in the mid-20th century, succeeded in reviving the American diamond market and opened up new markets, even in countries where no diamond tradition had existed before. N. W. Ayer's multifaceted marketing campaign included product placement, advertising the diamond itself rather than the De Beers brand, and building associations with celebrities and royalty. It was a "generic" advertising campaign that tended to focus upon promoting diamonds in general, or particular types of diamond jewellery, rather than specific brands. This meant that, as De Beers' market share declined, it was increasingly advertising its competitors' products as well as its own[74] (De Beers' market share dipped temporarily to 2nd place in the global market below Alrosa in the aftermath of the global economic crisis of 2008, down to less than 29% in terms of carats mined, rather than sold[75]).

Your buying her what the marketers have sold her, nice!

So De Beer owns pretty much everything, but I have not heard of De Beer. Who are they. A closer look yielded this:

Quote:
The company was founded by Cecil Rhodes, who was financed by N M Rothschild & Sons.
In case you have not heard of the Rothchilds, you might want to do a wiki read on them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothschild_family

Quote:
The Rothschild family (known as The House of Rothschild,[1] or more simply as the Rothschilds) is a European family of German Jewish origin that established European banking and finance houses from the late eighteenth century. Five lines of the Austrian branch of the family were elevated into the Austrian nobility, being given hereditary baronies of the Habsburg Empire by Emperor Francis II in 1816. The British branch of the family was elevated into the British nobility at the request of Queen Victoria.[2][3] It has been argued that during the 19th century, the family possessed by far the largest private fortune in the world, and by far the largest fortune in modern world history.[3][4][5]
This family was EVELATED into the British Nobility? Wow, that must be something. Why would Queen Victoria do that?

Quote:
The Rothschilds already possessed a very significant fortune before the start of Napoleonic Wars (1803–1815), and the family had gained preeminence in the bullion trade by this time.[11] From London in 1813 to 1815, Nathan Mayer Rothschild was instrumental in almost single-handedly financing the British war effort, financing the shipment of bullion to the Duke of Wellington's armies across Europe, as well as arranging the payment of British financial subsidies to their Continental allies. In 1815 alone, the Rothschilds provided £9.8 million (a huge sum in 1815 prices) in subsidy loans to Britain's continental allies.[12]

One of the smaller city houses, Vienna. A collection of far larger Viennese palaces known as Palais Rothschild were torn down during WW2
The brothers helped co-ordinate Rothschild activities across the continent, and the family developed a network of agents, shippers and couriers to transport gold across war-torn Europe. The family network was also to provide Nathan Rothschild time and again with political and financial information ahead of his peers, giving him an advantage in the markets and rendering the house of Rothschild still more invaluable to the British government. In one instance, the family network enabled Nathan to receive in London the news of Wellington's victory at the Battle of Waterloo a full day ahead of the government's official messengers.[11]
The basis for the Rothschild's most famously profitable move was made after the news of British victory had been made public. Nathan Rothschild calculated that the future reduction in government borrowing brought about by the peace would create a bounce in British government bonds after a two year stabilisation, which would finalise the post-war re-structuring of the domestic economy.[12][13][14] In what has been described as one of the most audacious moves in financial history, Nathan immediately bought up the government bond market, for what at the time seemed an excessively high price, before waiting two years, then selling the bonds on the crest of short bounce in the market in 1817 for a 40% profit. Given the sheer power of leverage the Rothschild family had at its disposal, this profit was an enormous sum.[12]

So wait... They basically cleaned out the British Government, and therefore forced Britain to have to borrow from them instead. They also gained massive amounts of influence over the Europian countries, as they have major banks in Naples, England, Austria, Germany, France, and Switzerland?

These guys invented the whole banking system as we know today. Ok, you say. So what? What does that have to do with you ? Well the investment bank owned by the Rothchilds, called N M Rothchilds and Sons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N_M_Rothschild_%26_Sons) have a lot of employees at their disposal. Take a look at this:

Quote:
Business
René-Pierre Azria - Director of Jarden Corporation; Managing Director of Blackstone Indosuez
Dominic Barton - Worldwide Managing Director of McKinsey & Company
Franco Bernabè - CEO of Telecom Italia; Director of PetroChina
Michel de Carvalho - Vice-Chairman of Investment Banking of Citigroup; Director of Heineken International
José María Castellano - CEO of Inditex Group
Sir John Collins - CEO of Shell UK; Chairman of National Power
Alfonso Cortina - Chairman and CEO of Repsol
Douglas Daft - Chairman and CEO of The Coca-Cola Company; Director of The McGraw-Hill Companies
Russell Edey - Director of Old Mutual; Chairman of AngloGold Ashanti
Dudley Eustace - Chairman of The Nielsen Company, Vice-Chairman of Royal Philips Electronics
Pehr G. Gyllenhammar - Chairman of Aviva; Founder of European Round Table of Industrialists
Jay Hambro - CIO of [Petropavlovsk]; CEO of Aricom
Sir Graham Hearne - Deputy Chairman of Gallaher Group; Chairman and CEO of Enterprise Oil
Henry Keswick - Chairman of Jardine Matheson Holdings; Director of Mandarin Oriental
James Lawrence - Chairman of L.E.K. Consulting; CFO of Unilever
Lord Leach of Fairford - Director of Jardine Matheson Holdings; Chairman of Open Europe
Sir Carl Meyer - Deputy Chairman of De Beers; Governor of the National Bank of Egypt
Baron Moser - Chairman of British Museum; Chairman Economist Intelligence Unit
Paul Myners - Chairman of Guardian Media Group; Chairman of Marks & Spencer
Robert S. Pirie - Senior Managing Director of Bear Stearns & Co.
Gerald Rosenfeld - Head of Investment Banking of Lazard
Wilbur Ross - Famous investor and billionaire
Trevor C. Rowe - Director of the Australian Stock Exchange; Chairman of United Group; Chairman of Queensland Investment Corporation (QIC)
Anthony Salz - Senior Partner of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer; Acting Chairman of Board of Governors of the BBC
Peter Smith - Chairman of Coopers & Lybrand; Chairman of Savills
Raymond W. Smith - CEO of Bell Atlantic; Chairman of Verizon
Baron Vallance of Tummel - Vice-Chairman of Royal Bank of Scotland; Chairman of British Telecom
[edit]Politics and public service
Baron George - Governor of the Bank of England (1993–2003)
Thierry Breton - French Minister of Economy, Finance and Industry (2005–2007)
Gerhard Schröder - Chancellor of Germany (1998–2005)
Liam Byrne - Minister of State at the Home Office (2006–present); Minister of State at Her Majesty's Treasury (2008–present)
John Kingman - Chief Executive of UK Financial Investments Limited
Baron Lamont of Lerwick - Member of the British Parliament (1972–1997); Chancellor of the Exchequer (1990–93)
Sir Edwin Leather - Member of the British Parliament (1950–1964); Governor of Bermuda (1973–1977)
Oliver Letwin - Chairman of the Conservative Research Department; Minister of State for Policy
René Mayer - President of France (1953)
Baron Neuberger of Abbotsbury - Lord of Appeal in Ordinary (2007–present)
Georges Pompidou - President of France (1969–1974)
John Redwood - Member of the British Parliament (1987–present)
Felix Rohatyn - United States Ambassador to France (1997–2000)
Baron Wakeham - Leader of the House of Lords (1992–1994); Leader of the House of Commons (1987–1989)
[edit]Armed forces
General Baron Guthrie of Craigiebank - Chief of the General Staff (1994–1997); Chief of the Defence Staff (1997–2001)
We're talking CEO's of Shell, Coke, Mcgraw hill (owns S&P and JD Power), director of stock exchanges, Vice Chariman of Bank of Scotland, Governor of the Bank of England rench Minister of Economy, Finance and Industry, Chancellor of Germany, President of France.

Quote:
Rothschild is consistently in the top 10 global investment banks for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advisory. According to Thomson Financial data, in 2007 Rothschild announced 390 deals worth a total of $566bn, giving it 12.6% market share.[6] The firm is particularly strong in Europe, especially in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, and the Benelux countries, in each of which Rothschild consistently holds a top league table position. Rothschild's strength also extends to Eastern Europe, Asia, and Latin America. The main anomaly is in North America, where the firm leads the market in restructuring, but has made few inroads in M&A advisory.
The firm competes against a wide range of investment banks, from conglomerates like Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan, to other M&A specialists like Lazard and Greenhill & Co.. For comparison, Lazard is slightly smaller, and in 2007 announced 263 deals worth a total of $529bn; and Greenhill is about half the size, announcing 34 deals worth a total of $239bn.[6]
Each deal is worth 1.4 billion dollars to this bank. Being controlled by one single Jewish-German family that spread out through Europe. This list consists of on the book employees. With this kind of magnitude of control in both private and public investment banking and corporations, suddenly things don't look as "impossible" anymore. The federal reserve IS a private bank. The World Bank does not have the best interests of African people. These people are moving mountains. Conspiracy theories? No, this is public information. It's whether or not you want to actually look into it or not.

Last edited by $_$; 05-16-2011 at 03:08 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2011, 05:13 AM   #79
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Sir, I admire the effort you put into your post(s)

Old 05-16-2011, 05:18 AM   #80
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,775 Times in 8,169 Posts
Yeah that's a whole lot of cutting and pasting from wikipedia.org!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:41 AM   #81
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Yeah that's a whole lot of cutting and pasting from wikipedia.org!
Would you like me to provide the specific links and documents that back up the information that I have provided? (the one's about recent events and people at least)

Since SkinnyPupp seem to not like wikipedia links, here are some pictures of estates that the Rothschild's built or owned, NOT from wiki :

Waddesdon Manor

Mentmore Towers

Chateau de Ferrieres

Château Lafite Rothschild

The reason I'm posting all this information up is not because someone showed me conspiracy theories and then dumped a whole bunch of information on me. This all started when I read David Rockefeller's Memoir : Memoirs, David Rockefeller, New York: Random House, 2002., (an excellent book) out of interest about wealth and money.

Rockefeller family: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockefeller_family

Quote:
The Rockefeller family (pronounced /ˈrɒkɨfɛlər/), the Cleveland family of John D. Rockefeller (1839–1937) and his brother William Rockefeller (1841–1922), is an American industrial, banking, and political family of German origin that made one of the world's largest private fortunes in the oil business during the late 19th and early 20th century, primarily through the Standard Oil Company.[1] The family is also known for its long association with and financial interest in the Chase Manhattan Bank, now JP Morgan Chase.
Their ancestor, Johann Peter Rockefeller, moved to North America in 1723 from what is today Westerwald, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.
David Rockefeller: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rockefeller

To give you an idea of what kind of influence the Rockefeller's may have over US and its networking powers, have a look at this:

Quote:
Senior's donations led to the formation of the University of Chicago in 1889, where the first American Nobel Prize in Science was produced in 1907, and notable for the Chicago School of Economics.[5] This was one instance of a long family and Rockefeller Foundation tradition of financially supporting Ivy League and other major colleges and universities over the generations - seventy-five in total. This includes:
Harvard University
Dartmouth College
Princeton University
Stanford University
Yale University
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Case Western Reserve University
Brown University
Columbia University
Cornell University
University of Pennsylvania
Influences in politics and finance

Quote:
The family has been awarded the annual UNA-USA’s Global Leadership Award, along with other recipients over time, including Bill Clinton and Michael Bloomberg. Members of the Rockefeller family into the fourth generation (especially the prominent banker and statesman David Rockefeller, who is the present family patriarch) have been heavily involved in international politics, and have donated money, established or been involved in the following major international institutions:
The Council on Foreign Relations - David, David Jr., Nelson, John D. 3rd, John D. IV (Jay), Peggy Dulany, Rockefeller Foundation, Rockefeller Brothers Fund.
The Trilateral Commission - David, Rockefeller Brothers Fund.
The Bilderberg Group - David, John D. IV.
The Asia Society - John D. 3rd, John D. IV, Charles, David.
The Population Council - John D. 3rd.
The Council of the Americas - David.
The Group of Thirty - The Rockefeller Foundation.
The World Economic Forum - David.
The Brookings Institution - Junior.
The Peterson Institute (Formerly the Institute for International Economics) - David.
The International Executive Service Corps - David.
The Institute for Pacific Relations - Junior.
The League of Nations - Junior.
The United Nations - Junior, John D. 3rd, Nelson, David, Peggy Dulany, Rockefeller Brothers Fund.
The United Nations Association - David.

Some pictures of the Rockefeller center, New York

Oh yah, I almost forgot. Nelson Rockefeller, brother of David, was the 41st vice president of the United States.

Quote:
Nelson Aldrich Rockefeller (July 8, 1908 – January 26, 1979) was the 41st Vice President of the United States (1974-1977), serving under President Gerald Ford, and the 49th Governor of New York (1959-1973), as well as serving the Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower and Nixon administrations in a variety of positions. He was also a noted businessman, art collector, and philanthropist.
Nelson Rockefeller: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Rockefeller

I started to wonder to myself how its possible for families and people that are seemingly ordinary to control such large amounts of wealth, and to be able to pass it out through generations and generations. I mean, these are people many generations down that have never worked a day in their life (in the sense of working for survival), free to do what they please, being able to invest billions of dollars in their interests. Imagine the things you could accomplish if you have the means to do so. The amount of people you should be helping. I tried to look for clues, but did not know where to start. I started with the biggest corporations of today, and look where that taken me? I started finding names that sounded familiar. Wealthy families that seem all connected through networks that didn't seem apparant (at least through normal media). Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Larry Page, these "richest people in the world" are always in the limelight, yet somehow there are significantly richer connected individuals out there that we are completely missing.

Last edited by $_$; 05-16-2011 at 09:24 AM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-16-2011, 09:11 AM   #82
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #83
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
dont you have more important things to worry about than the end of the world??

and if it does come then i just say make peace with yourself
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2011, 10:24 AM   #84
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
dont you have more important things to worry about than the end of the world??

and if it does come then i just say make peace with yourself

This has nothing to do with the end of the world, as the rest of the thread is being portrayed. This is about real life events that is happening around us RIGHT now. I wanted to create a new thread for this topic in order to present my findings, but realized that the mods will just take it as "conspiracy theories" anyways. You ARE asking the right questions though. Why spend so much time these things? Why ask so many questions? To me it's simple. I want to make life goals. I want to know how to lead my life. A lot of people make the wrong choices in life because they do not understand what they are getting themselves into. A friend of mine took pilot training for 2-3 years and got her commercial pilot license just to realize that pilots don't even make that much. How do you expect to invest your life savings when you have no idea who controls what, what is connected to who, and who calls the shots? How can I use this information to try to infer what will happen in the future? I want to be in the right industry, at the right place, at the right time. This is about calculating risks and profits. It's about the understanding the bigger picture. If you can do that, then you can use this information to benefit your own life, and ultimately, help those around you.

My life has not come to a halt because of these findings. It just gives me a better understanding of my surroundings, feeds my interest in seeking truth and knowledge, and gives me motivation to work harder in all aspects of my life in order to achieve my goals.

Last edited by $_$; 05-16-2011 at 10:37 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #85
Banned By Establishment

We're born from the earth and must return to it, no exceptions.
Onassis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #86
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

There are soooooo many pages to this thread but has anyone mentioned that The Rapture is theoretically supposed to happen this Saturday?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #87
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
^

Some notable rapture predictions include the following:

1844 - William Miller predicted Christ would return between March 21, 1843 and March 21, 1844, then revised his prediction, claiming to have miscalculated Scripture, to October 22, 1844. The realization that the predictions were incorrect resulted in a Great Disappointment. Miller's theology gave rise to the Advent movement. The Baha'is believe that Christ did return as Miller predicted in 1844, with the advent of The Báb, and numerous Miller-like prophetic predictions from many religions are given in William Sears book, Thief in The Night.[55]
1914[56], 1918[57], 1925[58], 1942[59] and 1975[60] - Dates set for the end by the Jehovah's Witnesses
1981 - Chuck Smith predicted that Jesus would probably return by 1981.[61]
1988 - Publication of 88 Reasons why the Rapture is in 1988, by Edgar C. Whisenant.
1989 - Publication of The final shout: Rapture report 1989, by Edgar Whisenant. More predictions by this author appeared for 1992, 1995, and other years.
1992 - Korean group "Mission for the Coming Days" predicted October 28, 1992 as the date for the rapture.[62]
1993 - Seven years before the year 2000. The rapture would have to start to allow for seven years of the Tribulation before the Return in 2000. Multiple predictions.
1994 - Pastor John Hinkle of Christ Church in Los Angeles predicted June 9, 1994. Radio evangelist Harold Camping predicted September 6th, 1994.[63]
2011 - Harold Camping's revised prediction has May 21, 2011 as the date of the rapture.[64][65]
2060 - Sir Isaac Newton proposed, based upon his calculations using figures from the book of Daniel, that the Apocalypse could happen no earlier than 2060.[66][67]

Wrong the last 8 times.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #88
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,209 Times in 1,394 Posts
Now, I don't personally believe everything out there about topics such as these, but does it hurt being open-minded about it? You don't have to believe it, but accepting the chance that it could possibly be the truth doesn't hurt.

I think that's one of the many things wrong with our society. Too many people are close-minded and ignorant.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #89
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

what about

2000 Acura Integra Type R #858 -- original owner
2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Phat_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #90
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
I was actually watcing a 2hr special about that bigfoot sighting last night.

I believe in it why not? it's funny how they are saying in North America the sightings have sky rocketed the past 50 years. I was laughing my ass off thinking well the population has sky rocketed which more people are getting out which there will be more sightings but of course they would never say that.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #91

My friends and I were having a rather odd discussion about the Rapture the other day. The consensus eventually came to be, we'd all really like all the religious fanatics and zealots teleported off the planet.

We think this is a win/win solution to a plethora of problems.

It's too bad it's not happening. :P
Old 05-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #92
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
A friend of mine took pilot training for 2-3 years and got her commercial pilot license just to realize that pilots don't even make that much. How do you expect to invest your life savings when you have no idea who controls what, what is connected to who, and who calls the shots?.
All she had to do was ask the thousands of pilots that are either unemployed or flying puddle jumpers to the middle of nowhere.

Considering getting a commercial pilot's license usually runs about 200K, she shoulda done her homework.
MoBettah is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-17-2011, 03:27 AM   #93
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
^

Some notable rapture predictions include the following:

1844 - William Miller predicted Christ would return between March 21, 1843 and March 21, 1844, then revised his prediction, claiming to have miscalculated Scripture, to October 22, 1844. The realization that the predictions were incorrect resulted in a Great Disappointment. Miller's theology gave rise to the Advent movement. The Baha'is believe that Christ did return as Miller predicted in 1844, with the advent of The Báb, and numerous Miller-like prophetic predictions from many religions are given in William Sears book, Thief in The Night.[55]
1914[56], 1918[57], 1925[58], 1942[59] and 1975[60] - Dates set for the end by the Jehovah's Witnesses
1981 - Chuck Smith predicted that Jesus would probably return by 1981.[61]
1988 - Publication of 88 Reasons why the Rapture is in 1988, by Edgar C. Whisenant.
1989 - Publication of The final shout: Rapture report 1989, by Edgar Whisenant. More predictions by this author appeared for 1992, 1995, and other years.
1992 - Korean group "Mission for the Coming Days" predicted October 28, 1992 as the date for the rapture.[62]
1993 - Seven years before the year 2000. The rapture would have to start to allow for seven years of the Tribulation before the Return in 2000. Multiple predictions.
1994 - Pastor John Hinkle of Christ Church in Los Angeles predicted June 9, 1994. Radio evangelist Harold Camping predicted September 6th, 1994.[63]
2011 - Harold Camping's revised prediction has May 21, 2011 as the date of the rapture.[64][65]
2060 - Sir Isaac Newton proposed, based upon his calculations using figures from the book of Daniel, that the Apocalypse could happen no earlier than 2060.[66][67]

Wrong the last 8 times.
Enough with religious posts. The end of the world will never ever have anything to do with anything written in the bible, told in church, or any religious belief.

Religion has been past down so many generations that we today cannot even guarantee that it is in its correct interpretation. It's pure BS.

All the passage in the bible can be interpreted anyway anyone wants. Why are pastors the only person in a religion that have answers? Does their field of profession extend all the way to when Jesus was alive?

If Jesus returns tomorrow, who the hell would know it's Jesus? No one in today's world would know how Jesus look like. If Jesus returned, how would it happen? Will he be descended from the skies? Will he be born from another woman's vagina?

Religion is made up by clueless people who don't know what to believe.

The story of Jesus can be as simple as a bunch of slaves, including himself, who are sentenced to death for whatever reason. But he offered his life to save his people and being crucified could have been one of the ways they execute people back then.

God could have been an extraterrestrial who never spoke. He drew pictures and allow humans to interpret the drawings based on what they think.

Anyways, to end my rant on religion, I think even if the world is to end, we would not know it's the end, because we would be dead and we would not know if there is still anyone living or if the planet can still sustain life.

I think what the Mayans and many culture mean when they say "end of the world", is the end of time, when time cannot be tracked in the way we originally track it.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-17-2011, 07:26 AM   #94
10psi aint enough...

Why do ppl always say the world is coming to an end?

In 1999, it claimed Y2K was destructive and computer would crash and we couldnt live without them. Nothing happened. Where are those ppl who claim it?

In 2009, it claimed that 2010 would be deadly cause its hitting the big "10". Nothing happened. Where are those ppl who claim it?

Now ppl are saying Dec. 12/2012 cause it all 12s...the world is suppose to explode or something.

Seriously, I cant wait til its 2013...this way theres no 13th month to go along with 2013 year.
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #95
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
Why do ppl always say the world is coming to an end?

In 1999, it claimed Y2K was destructive and computer would crash and we couldnt live without them. Nothing happened. Where are those ppl who claim it?

In 2009, it claimed that 2010 would be deadly cause its hitting the big "10". Nothing happened. Where are those ppl who claim it?

Now ppl are saying Dec. 12/2012 cause it all 12s...the world is suppose to explode or something.

Seriously, I cant wait til its 2013...this way theres no 13th month to go along with 2013 year.
The only fact you have right is the Y2K ones. I've never heard of the 2010 one before and come on Dec12,2012 is the end of the world? Now that one made me laugh since all over this thread and its common knowledge the date is Dec21,2012 as per the Mayan calander.
Posted via RS Mobile
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #96

Actually when you translate the Mayan calender over to the Judo-Christian calendar the end date isn't 2012 that's a very common (and well meme'd) mistake though.

But regardless.... Why are we listening to the prophecies of a people who have been largely stamped out of existance?
Old 05-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #97
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
OH NOES! SINKHOLES! EARTHQUAKES!

Some of you must think these things are isolated incidents but truth of the matter is the earth is in a constant chaotic state with shit happening everywhere. The only reason you don't hear about more catastrophic incidents is because they occur in unpopulated areas of the planet and not exactly newsworthy. When something hits an area with people in it like New Orleans or Japan, that's when shit hits fans. Did you people not take grade 10 science or geography or something?

No, 9.0 earthquakes don't happen all day every day but earthquakes do happen every day. There are sinkholes everywhere. I know there are several large ones in the southern United States and Mexico.

Any sequence linking any of these things is purely a coincidence and NOT a sign that the world is ending.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #98
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
Blah blah blah...
If we break society down into its fundamental elements there is always someone/something in control. It's absolutely necessary; no exceptions.

I am going to oversimplify; let's think of a little scenario...

You are a kid on the playground during recess...who is in charge?

Most of the kids probably feel that the bully who beats up the kids who step out of line is in charge. They will do what he says or suffer the consequences. The truth is it's the teacher. Or is it? The teacher knows the principal has the final say in everything that goes on at that school. On the other hand, if the issue is serious enough, the principal is merely a puppet for the district/regional director...and so on…

You can keep following this chain from anywhere in society and it continues going up and up. In fact it is mind boggling at times when you let your brain run with it.

The problem with this simple analogy is that our society is millions of times more complex, so it’s easy to get lost in dead ends and come up with alternate (see bullsh!t) explanations.

Does every chain of control lead to the US president or a Jewish banking family in Europe? Of course not. After a number of clearly definable levels it starts becoming ambiguous. There is influence from major forces (ie. the voting public, corporations, governments, religious groups etc.) and everyone is part of various groups and multiple sub sects which complicates things further.

You happened to post some links of some people who found great opportunities and took or are taking full advantage of them. What is your point? Yes powerful people know powerful people. Yes wealth is power. Yes these people build big homes. They control many aspects of society, yes. Do you feel like you are discovering some secret that will destroy the world? It’s impossible, there will always be haves and have not’s. Every community/town/city has their own mini-version of this exact phenomenon. Ever been to a rotary club meeting?

If you don’t want to be a have not, stop worrying about the haves, and become one yourself. But it’s probably much easier to sit in your bedroom and ‘research’ all this important stuff online.

Even if a movement against people of great wealth and power garnered momentum, what would that accomplish? You will never eliminate the imbalance of wealth and success in our world. It’s impossible.

People will always want more, and some will get it.

The diamond “conspiracy” is called business. Most companies just do it on a much smaller scale, so the numbers aren’t as awe inspiring to throw around.

I don’t even get what your goal with all this bullshit is. To create awareness? To expose the horrible truth of our world? What? Do you think you are singlehandedly going to cause the Rockefellers to turn all of their assets into food for starving Africans? Why is it even their duty? Because they’re wealthy? No one needs to drive a Lexus or Benz do they? Why don’t we sell all of those and feed the Africans?

It’s all relative of course, and the average poster here thinks rollin a Lex is perfectly fine, but having a few billion in a Swiss bank is complete overkill. Well I am sure the Africans feel the same about the Lexus. Once again; haves and have not’s. If you had 3 billion in your bank, I am sure you wouldn’t be emptying it out tomorrow to find the cure for Aids.

The fact is, there is no one individual or family that controls the world. There are influential groups all around, some very influential, yes. The world really comes down to production and consumption. Everything else is dress up and ancillary for that purpose.

Most of us like to live somewhere deep in that mesh of complexity; and carve out what we call the simple life. Choosing to think about the people and things that are important to us. The family get together on Sunday, the birthday dinner at the nice restaurant by the water, the hockey team we cheer for that never seems to win when it counts, you get the idea.

I guess my final point is, there is no other way for the world to be run. Can you give me a single example of a successful organization where the little guys have the final say in everything? The front line workers control the direction and strategic planning etc.. I will tell you now you can’t. This isn’t a riddle where a clever answer will elicit celebration, this is just the reality.

I personally think the people up top have done a lot of good things for the course of humanity, and I happy about how things function in today’s world. But I am sure you and a few geeks off the conspiracytheories.com message board could have done a hell of a lot better. Yep.

BTW your supposed UFO historical pictures are garbage, and I would be happy to cast doubt on each one of them individually if you like. That said; who cares? Let me know when the aliens return, or blow up the white house (but call Will Smith first). Otherwise why lose sleep over it?

Good day.
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2011, 11:19 AM   #99
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

opened thread, saw fails

leaving thread
van_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #100
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

cut the guy some slack skinnypup, at least he holds an open mind to new ideas and acknowledges the fact that he may not know everything.

Last edited by m4k4v4li; 04-27-2016 at 11:11 PM.
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: