REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   got the body i want. now what? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/618188-got-body-i-want-now-what.html)

[j]nBk 06-23-2010 11:33 PM

got the body i want. now what?

so i've been working out for the last 5 years. got in decent shape. and only in the last 5 months did i decide that i also need to adjust my diet. i've seen the best results ever. i'm the fittest i've ever been in my life. i eat as clean as possible but i also still have the not so clean meals a few times a week while still staying around my caloric intake. i make sure most of my meals consist of good carbs and lean protein and i no longer drink alcohol. so basically, i've found a system that works for me. i'm happy with how i look (maybe a tad bit less fat around the belly but i can see my abs now). but now my question is, should i keep going with what i've been doing? or will my body get used to this and gain weight?

jimzilla 06-24-2010 02:06 PM

what is your goal? trim fat and lean muscle?

ECA stack

[j]nBk 06-24-2010 03:00 PM

my goal is to trim a bit more fat. i'm pretty muscular but i just need a tad bit more fat off my mid section. i'm pretty sure i can reach this by trimming down a bit more on my fat and carb intake. i'm 5'10 and i weigh 165lbs. question is, when i eventually reach this goal, do i just keep going or do i need to change this because my body will get used to it?

DC5-S 06-26-2010 06:17 PM

trim your cal intake instead, once you reach the goal then bulk up
Posted via RS Mobile

[j]nBk 06-26-2010 06:48 PM

wouldn't bulking up cause me to increase bodyfat?

DC5-S 06-26-2010 07:13 PM

not if you do a slow bulk and eat clean, you will minimize fat gains and slowly put on muscle.. thats what I plan to do after im done my cut in a month or so.. cutting with lots of fat takes wayyyy to damn long

[j]nBk 06-26-2010 07:18 PM

hmm i just cut my fat and carb intake and increased protein ( and hitting the gym hard ofcourse) and i got great results and i maintained my muscle mass within months.

slow bulk? what does that mean? increasing caloric intake gradually?

hal0g0dv2 06-26-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [j]nBk (Post 7006686)
hmm i just cut my fat and carb intake and increased protein ( and hitting the gym hard ofcourse) and i got great results and i maintained my muscle mass within months.

slow bulk? what does that mean? increasing caloric intake gradually?

eating clean food

RRxtar 07-01-2010 01:13 PM

i wonder if theres some kind a spray you can coat yourself with so you stay that way forever, like laminating.

waddy41 07-01-2010 11:39 PM

LOL
i wish

it's so hard to cut....so hard to maintain....

[j]nBk 07-01-2010 11:57 PM

it is tough to get there. but the way i look at it is i've worked so hard for it and it would be a waste to mess it up. diet is the toughest part. so many temptations. hell, a denny's just opened up right outside the gym i go to.

but like i said before, there several times a week when i would eat a not so clean meal. also, the "clean" food i eat are actually things i enjoy. fish, chicken, eggs, steak, oatmeal, whole grain breads, almonds, veggies and good tasting protein bars. i think going squeaky clean with no margin for error is a disaster waiting to happen.

Marioo1991 07-02-2010 07:44 AM

if you want to trim your midsection, I say keep your protein levels up, just trim the carbs/fats.

once you get where you want, do a clean bulk.

gabi 07-05-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [j]nBk (Post 7013399)
it is tough to get there. but the way i look at it is i've worked so hard for it and it would be a waste to mess it up. diet is the toughest part. so many temptations. hell, a denny's just opened up right outside the gym i go to.

but like i said before, there several times a week when i would eat a not so clean meal. also, the "clean" food i eat are actually things i enjoy. fish, chicken, eggs, steak, oatmeal, whole grain breads, almonds, veggies and good tasting protein bars. i think going squeaky clean with no margin for error is a disaster waiting to happen.

carb cycle