REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 07-05-2010, 09:52 AM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
This is just my own opinion but rules really ruin the game (at least for me it did.) I think the only rule should be the 24-hour rule where if it's not found, a new one can be posted up.
What rules specifically are a problem? Most of the rules seem to make the game easier for the moderators to score (picture quality, address, tag #, ...) the other rules are just so the site is not held responsible for hosting illegal behaviour (tag from legal locations, not inside YVR terminal )

If this game was opened to include cars I would suggest making the boundary small and a single boundary, as there should be enough people driving cars to make it interesting without having to drive to Abbotford/Squamish for tags. The BCSB tag game seems to need the large boundary, especially the east side (Langley/Abbotsford) as many riders live outside the city. I've noticed most people on RS live inside the city, so not as big a deal.
Advertisement
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #27
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,436 Times in 4,279 Posts
Anything nit-picking posted by "Sinned" is a bad rule. The game felt to regimented and boring. Took the fun out of it. Every other mod was cool though.

There. I said it.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:55 PM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Anything nit-picking posted by "Sinned" is a bad rule. The game felt to regimented and boring. Took the fun out of it. Every other mod was cool though.

There. I said it.
LOL

Dennis (aka Sinned) updates the score the most, so when he's being nit-picky it is probably related to keeping track of the score. Scoring seems like a pain cause of the amount of detail they track. The score sheet tracks dates, times, ... so it can take a bit of effort, yet they seem to enjoy the stats of tags/day - and I'm a geek so I can appreciate the extra effort.

Personally I'd just throw up the tag # and member name into a spreadsheet and be done with it.

Remember, every good game has rules

Is there still a "free Taylor" thread ongoing on BCSB? apparently there is some "Dalton's Bday" forum where anything goes - if only I saw that earlier! Maybe I need to finally create an incognito account and stay out of trouble
Old 07-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #29
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Just check what's going on with the tag game at bcsb in the last couple of days...so much drama! They banned 3 players for cheating (or perceived) anyway...a bit heavy handed I think. One of those guys have been playing since the game started. The whole point of the game is clean fun and playing with the "honor system" upholds this fun factor. I would just take away the points of the perceived cheat multiply by 2.

A note on the stats recorded as part of scoring I like the details too as it has a good account of things. I agree with Taylor that every good game has rules to govern it.

I guess the drama does generate more hits on the site!

This game here could run year round as we have cars/trucks involved. 1 zone! I nominate Taylor to mod!
4WheelsLESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #30
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelsLESS View Post
I nominate Taylor to mod!
Considering I've been banned once from this site, that might not be a good idea
Old 07-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #31
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Just check what's going on with the tag game at bcsb in the last couple of days...so much drama! They banned 3 players for cheating (or perceived) anyway...a bit heavy handed I think. One of those guys have been playing since the game started. The whole point of the game is clean fun and playing with the "honor system" upholds this fun factor. I would just take away the points of the perceived cheat multiply by 2.
That's hilarious! BCSB bans everyone!

The Main St lion is obviously cheating since they admit to riding from the restaurant together. Banning is probably heavy handed, I would've reset their points to zero.

This is why the game does need rules. I had already considered this type of cheating. I could take a tag with my bike, borrow my buddy's bike, get the tag and post with a troll account, rinse and repeat.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #32
RS Veteran

I was hoping for a warning or at least these guys don't get their points but a ban was a little much.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 07-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #33

There are so many ways to cheat through collusion. You could have a whole support team behind you doing research and communicate the location of those tags to different members that are on the cheating team. ORGANIZED! These guys were either sloppy on the cheating, was innocently riding together because one missed the tag and was chasing the next one by bumping in to the other, or they cheat on purpose and thumbing their nose for their misbehaving, or ...a CONSPIRACY? I might not have exhausted all the motives but....hehehe...what fun could it be by cheating?

That is why I think bringing in sponsors to play for prizes in this game will never work as these incentives will justify the means by some people...unless someone spend sometime to think through to put controls/safeguards to minimize cheating! This should be a rule 'no sponsors, just for fun', I believe!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:41 PM   #34
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I'm surprised those guys got banned. I mean it's good to show that cheating isn't tolerated but I thought it'd just be a point reset and don't do it again kind of thing. Banning is pretty extreme. Maybe they'll be allowed to play next round as the game needs all the active players it can get. Black Diamond is still playing anyways, just that players are instructed to ignore the cheaters' posts. I suppose if someone felt strongly enough they'd go and tag Black Diamond's Jericho tag against the mod's request. I considered it but wanted to joyride after the sushi king tag instead of having to come back home to upload so I used a banked tag instead.

I agree with bcrdukes regarding Sinned. Looking at his posts, he seems to have a power or authority complex. He often says things like "I'm okay with it", as if the players needed his permission. Met him on a group ride and when it ended he was checking his phone browser. I mentioned it'd be pretty handy to have the ability to do mobile uploads, albeit a huge advantage for those who can afford it. His reply was something along the lines of "blah blah blah.......I make the rules".

Last edited by Acuracura; 07-07-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Acuracura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #35
RS Veteran

I think their supossed "cheating" was sloppy and poorly organized (or lack thereof.) Not that I encourage this "cheating" but if they had done it in an unquestionable manner, nobody would have know and we would have all gone our own happy ways, however, this was just way too obvious.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:34 AM   #36
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
I think their supossed "cheating" was sloppy and poorly organized (or lack thereof.) Not that I encourage this "cheating" but if they had done it in an unquestionable manner, nobody would have know and we would have all gone our own happy ways, however, this was just way too obvious.
Agreed. Had they been a little more tactical they would've gotten away with it, and no real harm would be done. It was just too obvious to ignore. I guess it's only cheating if you get caught. With the stakes so low (nothing) there isn't any incentive to cheat.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:31 AM   #37
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuracura View Post
Maybe they'll be allowed to play next round as the game needs all the active players it can get.
The game has only a handful of active players so this ban will definitely have an effect.

Maybe we should start it here... there won't be a lack of players, yet I do worry that there will be more douchebaggery as the intelligence on RS is sometimes questionable.

Quote:
Black Diamond is still playing anyways, just that players are instructed to ignore the cheaters' posts. I suppose if someone felt strongly enough they'd go and tag Black Diamond's Jericho tag against the mod's request.
I should go get it and start posting under a troll account. LOL

Quote:
I mentioned it'd be pretty handy to have the ability to do mobile uploads, albeit a huge advantage for those who can afford it. His reply was something along the lines of "blah blah blah.......I make the rules".
Mobile uploads are permitted, its just BCSB doesn't have a mobile site so you have to upload to flicker or photobucket. To get mobile uploads is going to take more than Dennis allowing it.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:41 AM   #38
Banned (ABWS)

Someone invite BlackDiamond over here! LOL I like his style, getting tags even while banned!

4wheelsless - post the booty tags here! I cannot see them unless I'm logged in...
Old 07-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Someone invite BlackDiamond over here! LOL I like his style, getting tags even while banned!

4wheelsless - post the booty tags here! I cannot see them unless I'm logged in...
Taylor192, hmm...I don't know about posting it here for you because I read your comment about a leaf blower on sale! Are you sure you want to see it?
Old 07-07-2010, 03:07 PM   #40

Request filled! Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7778.jpg (122.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-18-2010, 07:45 AM   #41

Extreme tag anyone?

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=123734

Pls respond there to the thread there or here if you don't have any account on BCBS.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #42
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Extreme tag anyone?

Pls respond there to the thread there or here if you don't have any account on BCBS.
Bad link.

I'd rather make my own trip and tag some of the weirder structures around BC - have you seen the movie "One Week"?
Old 07-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #43

Try again!

Tagging JV's 'Treasures of BC Tour'

Old 07-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #44

Quote:
Bad link.

I'd rather make my own trip and tag some of the weirder structures around BC - have you seen the movie "One Week"?
I guess I should check out that movie.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:05 PM   #45
Need my Daily Fix of RS

hi guys!

way easier for everyone to get tags if this game get introduced, since any vehicle could potentially be used... plus, this site has waaay more members.

"Nothing beats the feeling of taking a good poo..."
i_eat_r1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_eat_r1ce View Post
hi guys!

way easier for everyone to get tags if this game get introduced, since any vehicle could potentially be used... plus, this site has waaay more members.
Hey...riceguy!

Seems the tag game there is dead boring now. No one plays anymore. I still play scavenger when I get a chance.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #47
Need my Daily Fix of RS

maybe we just need a new game... something that incorporates tag & scavenger?
but like you said, if no one plays, it'd be dead boring!

imo, it all started after the mods decided to quit their role.
everything falls apart without structure.

"Nothing beats the feeling of taking a good poo..."
i_eat_r1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_eat_r1ce View Post
maybe we just need a new game... something that incorporates tag & scavenger?
but like you said, if no one plays, it'd be dead boring!

imo, it all started after the mods decided to quit their role.
everything falls apart without structure.
Its not just that, but that (the mods quitting) you referring to does not have much weight on people stop playing. there are a number of reasons. One I can think of myself is I was away for most of July so I didn't play much. The mods quitting and structure have very little weight. Look at the scavenger game, I play it...I don't care about the scores/points. Locksmith & I quit after a few weeks after modding as I didn't like what I like. Let's just say, 1 it is a fun game that should not be taken too seriously, 2 no one should own the game beyond the rules to foster the 'fun' to keep the game going, 3 it is supposed to be an innocent game but it has become mentally retarded by some.

It is unbelievable to have grown men behave so FUCKED UP! Why do you think we don't want to play?
Old 08-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #49
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
It is unbelievable to have grown men behave so FUCKED UP! Why do you think we don't want to play?
Four words: BC Stupid Bikes

Old 08-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #50

Quote:
Four words: BC Stupid Bikes

But entertaining sometimes...brings us back to reality that we live amongst 'that' and 'all'...