REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Nissan / Infiniti Tech Resources

Nissan / Infiniti Tech Resources All Nissan & Infiniti Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 06-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,164 Times in 201 Posts
DiiCii's Project Nissan Skyline GTS-T Thread

This is the official build thread for my car! i'll be posting and updating you guys about the progress in the modifications of my car here, followed by pictures! basic info about my car for those who are curious: title says what i have, type m skyline in black. about 156k km. power everything, no sunroof</3. mods by previous owner are tein HR adjustable street suspension, 300zx slotted rotors, GTR wheels wrapped with brand new BF Goodrich tires, unknown tower bar, blitz fmic, apexi intake filter, hks exhaust turbo back w/ stock cat, greddy bov, gtr clutch, autometer boost and temp. gauge, nardi steering wheel w/ hks hub, greddy turbotimer, 250watt amp, 250watt JBL 10"sub, alpine deck, compustar alarm, and ebay ipod aux wire that's all that i know of.. but anyways, i started to do a bit of modifying today so to start this thread off, i'd like to show you guys what i've done today =P oh and btw, this will be a super slow progress so please bare with me! thanks everyone for viewing also, if anyone has any feedback, i'd like to hear from you guys, and also if anyone has any ideas to give me, that would be awesome =D and keep the negative comments to yourself please, like "that's stupid" or somethin.. LOL enjoy

to start this off..

06.29.10 - i was bored today and i thought of doing something about the ipod aux cord since it came out the bottom of the centre console.. i don't even smoke.. so i could use the ashtray for something else! so i've decided to make a ipod dock out of it.. =D here's how i did it =)

i started taking my centre console apart so i could reroute the wire.. mess here xD

marked where i needed to do the modifications

how i want it to sit.. OM NOM NOM, FEED ME MUZIK.

tool for the job.. my akdrill47. forgot to take note of what drill bit size i used guess it varies from what type of aux cord you have..

i also used the dremal and did the cutting and then tada !

here's the back

pulled the plug through the hole i made, and taped up the extra space. only space available is for the wire to go through

looks normal when it's closed

SURPRISE!

how it'll sit.. i'm gonna make something else that'll hold the ipod in place and i'll be sure to make it adjustable as well. but this is how it is for now!

i also mounted the amp onto the back seat so i could have more trunk space.. but who cares LOL.

stay tuned for more.. when i think of more.. xD thanks for viewing!
Advertisement

Last edited by DiiCii; 06-29-2010 at 10:42 PM.
DiiCii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
degenerate extraordinaire

it's looking great, however, would the placement of the ipod not interfere with your shifter when you hit 3rd gear?
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:57 AM   #3
I STILL don't get it

1989 Skyline? Purchased it from a guy who resides in white rock but works in Newton? I remember this car, it was either me buying this one or the one I currently own. Great condition car, and great seller. You should bring your car out tomorrow evening to the skyline meet. We meet every Thursday night at 7:30-8ish at lougheed underground. PM me if you're interested, we can cruise out together, as I live in Surrey as well.
Oscar_Binswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:00 AM   #4
How I Mod your mother

Theres a members journal section dedicated to builds
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #5
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,164 Times in 201 Posts
ikkaku: nope it doesn't, i'm not officially done it as well, i wanna see if i can actually make a mount to hold it in place =)

chinezeboi: yeah i did purchase it from a guy that lives in whiterock =P i'm the 3rd owner for this car. yeah the guy was really nice and he really knew his stuff. and we'll go cruise once i can drive it lol

yaminashi: ohhh is there? could the mod move this thread over there?
DiiCii is offline   Reply With Quote