REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Question? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/619205-question.html)

ttothedot 07-06-2010 08:11 PM

Question?

Hi all, I know there are similar threads but I couldn't find a definite answer.
My question is : Do you get your license suspended if you are given a ticket for not having your 'N' sign?
I see similar questions and some people try to answer but I have not come across a positive answer. Yes or No?

Thanks for your time.

zulutango 07-06-2010 09:12 PM

The answer is yes and no. One section has 2 points attached and that is the "sriver contrary to restrictions...the other just has the fine...fail to diplay N. If you arer a GLP driver...and you must be, the 2 points may cause you to get suspended...specially if you have received other VTs with points.

mkchoi0801 07-06-2010 09:35 PM

I don't think tickets with 'Failure to display N' will suspend your license.
However, in the other case with the 2 points, I heard different stories. Some people say just one ticket is enough, some say 3 points, some say 4. You'll have to find out lol.

zulutango 07-07-2010 07:55 AM

Two 'drive contrary to restrictions" for not displaying the N will get you 4 points and a suspension...no points for the other no N charge BUT the Supt MVB may decide to yank your DL..up to them, not the Police.

Strzelec 07-07-2010 03:42 PM

Am i the only one that sees it as a bit ridiculous to have the possibility of getting your license suspended for not having a green magnet on your car.

mkchoi0801 07-07-2010 03:55 PM

Many many many rules are ridiculous. Too bad we don't make the laws.

Drow 07-07-2010 04:00 PM

when u get your license back after suspension, they warn you that any further tickets will put ur license in the shit hole again. If i get pulled over after for having smoked tailights or having HID lights does that mean my license will get suspended all over again? class 5 license

GLOW 07-07-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strzelec (Post 7019898)
Am i the only one that sees it as a bit ridiculous to have the possibility of getting your license suspended for not having a green magnet on your car.

i find it more ridiculous that there are people out there that risk the possibility by NOT putting a green magnet on their car. i know someone that didnt have it and i had to put one on their car for them b/c they didnt think it was an issue

mkchoi0801 07-07-2010 05:51 PM

I find it even more ridiculous that people cut out their Ns, or put it like Zs or put it in places where it's not easily visible. Why do that when you'll get a ticket for it anyways? What's wrong with just putting it up, if you're going to put it up anyways... God.

BallPeenHammer2 07-08-2010 07:51 AM

iF you get a ticket that says "Failure to disply N" then it has no points against your license.

If it is "Driving contrary to restrictions" then it is 2 points.