REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #26
Retired Traffic Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 View Post
none of them were over 10km of the limit.
Sorry, I don't believe this.
Advertisement

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:23 PM   #27
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

SHO: thank you. Like I said, my reckless driving days are far behind me, and all I really want is to enjoy the bigger things, than some 30 second thrill which may cost me, or someone else's life.

Although I really do wish there were less dumbasses on the road.

SKID: I don't care if you don't believe me. I'm not here to rag on the police that do their jobs. Like I said, even if one pulled me over for 2 over the limit, then it's over the limit. On my tix, I was simply at the wrong places at the wrong time.

But rest assured:
I may not always drive 50 in a 50 zone, but I sure as hell won't 65+

But since I'm talking to 2 officers, I wanted to ask: Is there anything I can do to help stregnthen my case for a reduction in times or to have them reverse it? My managers have already agreed to draft me letters stating that I need a license for my job and that I'm a good employee, but is there anything else I can do? I'm not a reckless driver in any word of the sense.

Last edited by BallPeenHammer2; 07-09-2010 at 07:41 PM.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:18 PM   #28
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I've had a couple friends that got their license suspended. They appealed for reverse / reduction but had very little to no success. I think they said that they need to drive to their respective schools on everyday basis, as well as driving to work. Like people have said before in this thread, there's very little chance it will be reversed, although you probably can get it reduced a month maybe.
mkchoi0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #29

Yeah even that'd be good.
Driving to school and work's not gonna fly.

And that's a BS excuse unless it's completely unreachable by transit.
For my job, if you read over the inital post in the beginning, is a service advisor for a dealership. The prerequisite is to have a valid license. I cannot perform my job duties without one. It's like a bus driver with no license - can't do his job.

It also depends on the noticed served. If they went straight to "NOTICE of suspension" then you're pretty screwed. I got a "INTENT to suspend" which means the chances fare a tiny bit better. Well, We'll find out in 2 weeks if it's $100 well spent.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #30
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

People say that it's a privilege, not a right, to drive. And going with that logic, I think you'll probably be without a job for a month or two. You can maybe ask the boss to take a little 'break' and come back after the suspension? It sure does suck to have your license suspended. Friend owns a BMW M6 convertible that's rotting in the basement for 4 months, during the peak summer season.
Good luck on your case tho.
mkchoi0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #31

We'll see.

One doesn't take a "Break" for 3 months off of a job. One has rent to pay.

We'll see what happens. Appeal process is still pending.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #32

4 more days... =S
Old 07-20-2010, 08:40 AM   #33
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Like Skidmark said. In almost 3 decades of traffic enforcement I never worked with or even heard of any Member who issued VTs (under normal circumstances) for 10k over the limit. Mine were for at least 23 over and with so many going huge speeds over the limit there was never any need to write that low. Show up in Traffic Court with normal 10k over the limit VTs and you will find the JP's are not happy with you and you will loose your cdeibility with them. They also know about all the much bigger fish in the ocean. The speed initially displayed on the Police Radar or Laser may likely NOT be the one you saw on your speedo when you noticed the Cops and started to slow down.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #34
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
^
If you read between the lines, that might be the first time I've seen a peace officer indirectly say that it's safe (from a ticket standpoint) to go 10km over the posted limit.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #35
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Heheheh... "I'm not saying... I'm just saying..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #36
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Like Skidmark said. In almost 3 decades of traffic enforcement I never worked with or even heard of any Member who issued VTs (under normal circumstances) for 10k over the limit.
I've witnessed it and people here have reported it.

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:42 PM   #37

Maybe it's my car? I dunno. My old car was a pretty big target.

Mind you this isn't just over the course of an year. It's tickets within a range of about 4 years.

that being said, i have been pulled over by police for "speeding" or other stupid things that i actually didn't do.

IE: not wearing a seat belt when I was wearing a seat belt.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #38
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
^
If you read between the lines, that might be the first time I've seen a peace officer indirectly say that it's safe (from a ticket standpoint) to go 10km over the posted limit.
Not exactly...just saying that when I go fishing I want the big ones to bring home. Sometimes when the big frish are not around a fisherman ends up with a smaller fish...they are all in the same ocean and they are all biting at the zingers!@
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote