REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 07-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Current Disneyland Input

Going next month, any additional tips? I have been searching and most topics are a couple of years old. I'm interested in getting the best deal for tickets, places to go within LA, will probably be renting a car so if you can give some info in getting the best deal for that (we'll bring GPS-es)

TIA
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,336 Times in 198 Posts
oh wow i was just about to book my ticket to the florida disney.

im looking for some good deals too, i just checked expeida and 4 days only 900 USD per person, living at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando in sept 1st
Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #3
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

I'm not sure there's that many deals out there for tickets alone. One of our clients is Disney (in FL) and I've asked my contact what kind of deals they can get (since I'm pretty friendly with them) and it only amounts to about 10% off. If they only give their employees 10% off, then I doubt you'll find much in the other channels that would give much more.

Probably the best bet is to perhaps find a cheaper accommodation within the park. That'll probably provide you with the best bang for buck for your money if you want to be close to Disney.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
There's a place called Garden Walk or something a few blocks from Disneyland that offers their tix for about $5-10 cheaper per ticket depending on what you want. My family always buys em' from there before they go to Disney Land
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2010, 01:43 AM   #5
RS.net Clothing Vendor

If anyone is interested, I can get good deals for vacation resort in the Disney World area.

Something like $89 a night for a 4 bedroom house that can sleep up to 10 people. That's like $8.90 per person per day lol

Only in Florida tho...

theBlackMarkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:45 AM   #6
RS.net Clothing Vendor

Here are some pictures: www.WorldDisneyResort.com

theBlackMarkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #7

too bad its not the disney land in anaheim
Old 09-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #8

just got back from disney...

just some general inputs...
1) get there early in the morning (when they open) and go to the ride that you really want to ride in to minimize waiting time..
2) use the fast pass system for some of the rides with long line ups and you don't mind waiting for other rides while waiting
3) use sunblock lotion..its flippin' hot!
4) bring a dollar store fan to cool yourself!
5) if you're in a hotel close to the parking lots....use their bus even though they're for the people who use their lots...they don't mind at all...you can ask if youre worried but they usually said go ahead...
6) if there are more than 4 of you, it maybe well worth using the disney hotels and stock up on food in your hotel room...flippin hotdogs (as big as the ones in ikea) are 7 bucks...i just bought a burrito thats probably 6 times as heavy for less than 6 bux...
7) bring sunglasses...that's so you're wife/gf won't notice you staring at other chicks...
8) if you're in a big family with kids, don't use a park hopper...instead stay in one side so you have other people taking care of your kids if you want to go on rides...
9) if you have kids, bring your own stroller (like the ones in walmart for 20 bux)
10) i recommend the aladdin play! my son definitely enjoyed it even though it wasn't a ride....i enjoyed it as well....
11) when some of the shows (light show, fireworks) are going on, some rides are still running...try the grizzly rapids (or something like that) at night...
11a) best to wear slippers in some of the rides...
12) the worst ride ever was not the roller coaster or tower of terror...it was two kids waking up when you're by yourself resting and all they want is 'mama'...holding two kids simultaneously while they're crying and people staring is one scary ride...
13) enjoy your time and be patient...not on the line ups but with the people that you are with...
Old 09-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #9
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
I just got back from Disneyland too... The lines were minimal, the longest we waited was around 30 minutes for the Matternhorn bobsleds, which was garbage.

Space mountain, we just went first thing in the morning, waited for about 5 minutes, then fastpass'd it and came back in an hour for another 5 minute wait.

The california adventure side - the "screaming" coaster was awesome, went on four times, each time the wait was only about 10 minutes.

Went with 7 other friends... boy oh boy it was oodles of fun.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

If you can pick only 1, california adventure park or disneyland? This is for 3 adults but not looking for scary roller coasters.
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #11

tough call...if you haven't been there yet then go for the original even though a lot of it is for kids...if you have then go to the adventure side as it is geared more on the bigger kids (bigger then 42" )...

if you know someone who works/lives there have them buy the tickets for you...its a little bit cheaper so with that being said...get the park hopper if you're not too sure...actually let me take that back...just spend on two - one day passes and just enjoy both sides...

i was going to do the coaster but #12 happened and i didn't want to go alone...
Old 09-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #12

also, i didn't think that there were short lines...most (around 10:30am - 2pm) were like 30-50minute waits...
Old 09-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #13
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Jesse Blue did you go on the Labour Day Long weekend? that might explain the stupidly long waits you had
Old 09-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #14
I'm invisible

I went to Disneyland last weekdays from tuesday to friday. The rides line ups were minimal.. ~20mins the longest one I'd had to wait (splash mountain). Everything else was 5-10 mins for both California Adventure and Disneyland...
Old 09-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #15

yah..i was there on friday and saturday oh well..i still had fun...waiting is part of the excitement...many many sights to see..