REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 07-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
The girl who.........................

The girl ....

The girl with a dragon tattoo
The girl who played with fire
The girl who kicked the hornets’ nest.

Few things to point out before you go out to see this movie. 1) The movie is in Swedish and it’s has subtitles and two, if you haven’t watched the first one, you will not be able to understand or know what the other two is about.
Here’s some history regarding the movie: It’s a mystery / crime novel by a Swedish author and journalist called Stieg Larrson. I think he passed away and they published the book and now made into the 3 movies.
I highly recommend the movie, it’s extremely good and the first movie “girl with a dragon tattoo” has a great script and the acting by the chick that plays Lizbeth Salander was great. Her hardcore / goth / investigative acting was great. I don’t want to go into too much but it’s about a hacker working along with a journalist in solving a mystery over 40 years. There are a few disturbing scenes so you might not want to just take your mom and dad to see it.
The second movie “The girl who played with fire” was just as good, it follows the 1st movie after a year later and again, it continues on with the male lead in the movie publishing a sex ring / prostitution. It doesn’t have the same ‘wow’ factor as the first one but I liked it just as much. I didn’t enjoy it because it doesn’t have much of the chemistry at all from the first movie but the script itself was decent enough.
It does suck the Lizbeth and Mikael Blomkvist doesn’t have any on screen time just FYI for those who are expecting a sequel . It does funny that all 3 movies, Mikael wears the same outfit the entire time which was pretty lazy in a way.
The girl who kicked the hornet’s nest was decent. I hear the book is a lot of better but overall, 3 of the movies was amazing. The script was decent; even though the first one was by far the best, two and three is decent.

1st movie 8.75 / 10
Second 7/10
3rd 7/10
Over all 8/1 0 (the script was really good for the 1st one at least.)....
acting by the female lead was just amazing
Advertisement
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Just watched the first movie and yes, it was really well done. The girl's hardcore attitude was pretty...well....hardcore - literally and figuratively.

8.75/10 exactly

Where did you find the last two movies though? Just DL'd them off a BT site? I'd really like to watch all 3.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:04 PM   #3

the second one is in the theatres.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:27 PM   #4

Just watched it last night.

I'll be nice and give it a 7.5.

Guess I'll be DLing the last one too.

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
Old 07-22-2010, 12:01 AM   #5
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
are you listing movies with The Girl in the title?

The Girl Next Door
Old 07-22-2010, 06:02 AM   #6
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

The books are vastly superior to the movies. I totally recommend reading them first THEN watching the movies.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:08 AM   #7

Unfortunately, I heard that after I watched the first movie. I'll put them on my long list of must read books.

RSUV #7
Old 07-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #8

The pacing in the books is odd. It's leisurely, taking a long time to build up to the events you see in the movie. The cast of characters in the book is a bit larger and the information in regards to that mystery is revealed in a differant way with some considerably darker details (so anyone who found the movie too upsetting I definitely do not suggest the books. I am aware some people are sensitive to those elements).

The book also focuses a great deal more on the interpersonal relationships between characters, power dynamics between them and some social issues that are hard for us to understand as our legal system is differant here in Canada (Particularly the situation with Lisbeth & her Guardian). The book talks a lot more as well about the legal trial that starts off the journalist's situation and there's social commentary in that was well.

The core concept is similar, and Lisbeth is very much as she is in the movie (with one key differance, they altered a choice she made in the movie from the one she made in the book in a way that I think is character altering). And ultimately the theme is much clearer in the book as it's the threads that bring together a lot of the disparet parts of the story.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #9

The whole guardian thing threw me off too. As the movie progressed and details of her past were revealed, it started to make sense.

I can wait to read the book. LOL. Can you please post the different choice she made?

(don't forget to wrap spoiler tags around it)

[spoiler***]***[/spoiler] ---remove asterisks.

Thanks!!!

RSUV #7
Old 07-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
The whole guardian thing threw me off too. As the movie progressed and details of her past were revealed, it started to make sense.

I can wait to read the book. LOL. Can you please post the different choice she made?

(don't forget to wrap spoiler tags around it)

[spoiler***]***[/spoiler] ---remove asterisks.

Thanks!!!
Spoiler!
Old 07-23-2010, 01:09 AM   #11
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGirl View Post
The books are vastly superior to the movies. I totally recommend reading them first THEN watching the movies.
How good are the books?

I use the Bourne series and the Dune books as my standard for "entertainment" reading.

Will I have to think a lot?
Old 07-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #12

if anyone read the book or watched the second part of the film, the director made a huge adjustment and cut out a few of the parts in the book. It's really a cultural thing and doesn't really feed too much into the movie.

for those who don't know, i read in van sun a few weeks ago but Daniel Craig was looking to play Stieg Larrson's role and Lisbeth Salander would be played by Carey Mulligan. we'll see how that goes.